Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Morrison

+6
mygens
Gens Camper
archer_gens
steamed
runner
jaycro
10 posters

Go down

Mike Morrison Empty Mike Morrison

Post by jaycro Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:28 pm

There is a poster on the HF Boards who reports that in today's Waterloo Record there's a story on John Gibson coming to the Rangers which alludes to Mike Morrison being dealt to the Gens. It's possible as Morrison can't seem to claim the number 1 job in Kitchener and they keep bringing in goalies to contest that position. I have read before that he's not happy with the situation and his status there. Maybe there's something to that rumour? Interesting!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Mike Morrison Empty Re: Mike Morrison

Post by jaycro Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:06 pm

More speculation on the HF Board..for Morrison, the rights to Biggs or Laughton! Either of those would be a massive overpayment. There must be some dreamers in Rangerland!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by runner Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:34 pm

jaycro,

you'd really give up Scott Laughton?? A kid who was a top 5 pick, played on the U17 team and the U18 team??

Massive overpayment?? For a goalie with a save % of .912

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:44 pm

runner if you read jayco post more carefully he didn't say that it was speculation on the HF Board
and if you read his last line There must be some dreamers in Rangerland!jayco wasn't saying to give up Scott Laughton.
But we do need a goalie Wink
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:48 pm

If Biggs isn't coming for sure then at least u get something Sad ..... sigh....

I haven't seen much if any of Morrison, could he be the answer to our goaltending?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:11 pm

To confirm, runner, I was saying I would NOT trade Laughton or the rights to Biggs for Morrison straight up. Morrison may be a good goalie but he is a '92, potentially a last year player although with his past lack of serious playing time, I would bet he will be an over-ager. I would want a pretty decent player back with Morrison or some high picks. Besides, this is speculation based on a newspaper article and not even really at the rumour stage

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:07 am

Give them Biggs as he doesn't want to be here

I only want players who wants to be here

Do not trade Laughton

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:41 am

Trading Laughton is a bad move unless your getting a goalie that is guranteed to carry the team on his back.

Sellwood Era is Dead. Hopefully....
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:37 am

archer_gens wrote:Trading Laughton is a bad move unless your getting a goalie that is guranteed to carry the team on his back.

Sellwood Era is Dead. Hopefully....

It is archer_gens they are looking for a new Deke Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:30 pm

If it were my choice I wouldn't trade Biggs anywhere , if he eventually wants to play in the ohl , and I think that time will eventually come , he will play for us or nobody , i' m really tired of these back room deals where teams are basically forced to trade a player to either Kitchener or London , these teams have stayed strong over the years because of this manipulation , they have more money than anyone else and thus manipulate the system . Our success isn't contingent on Biggs or that 2nd round pick we gave up for him . Branch hasn't got the balls or the desire to fix this , somebody should .THe other problem in the Biggs thing is Burke , he has the US flag so far up his derrière , that he actually thinks the best place for Biggs is that US college league , which is a joke compared to the chl

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:32 pm

In regards to laughton ! I sure wouldn't trade him ! He is going to be really impactful inn this league , the kid has talent and he's got a lot of sand !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Unless I got a star # 1 goalie from a team , I wouldn't give up any or our young players , the gens need to be careful with this move , I think patience is the key here .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:44 pm

Mike Morrison is a #1 goalie that can play this year and as an OA.
Bailie is not the answer this is his 4 season and still can't grab the #1 spot.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Laughton for Morrison is an overpayment. They want Biggs rights take em. We need a goalie. Barring miracle water in the Gatorade bottle this year, Bailie isn't getting it done.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:36 pm

I repeat...I would not give up Laughton or Biggs for Morrison, as much as he might solve our goaltender situation. He's a 'last year player' and Laughton still has three years ahead while Biggs still has two (potentially). I think we might see Biggs next year! That is the Gennies' year, not this year! More experience is needed for a Mem Cup run.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Just noted more hypothetical Oshawa General goaltending solutions on various sites. From Windsor, fresh speculation, again, that Oshawa is a possible destination for Jack Campell. From Belleville, speculation that Altshuller could be sent to The Schwa, althought I can't see Burnett trading him to a team in the same division or conference. Throw in the Morrison speculation and that creates three possibilities, probably all somewhat remote. Altshuller would come at quite a price as he is a '94 and considered the best 17 year old in Ontario, if not in the entire country. Just in a similar vein, it was suggested in Soo country that we might like to move Laughton and Payne and a pick or two for Catenacci. Over my dead body, if I were the Gens G.M.! No substance to any of this, just local fans in various OHL cities "fantasizing". Your thoughts...hypothetically speaking?

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:12 am

jaycro wrote:Just noted more hypothetical Oshawa General goaltending solutions on various sites. From Windsor, fresh speculation, again, that Oshawa is a possible destination for Jack Campell. From Belleville, speculation that Altshuller could be sent to The Schwa, althought I can't see Burnett trading him to a team in the same division or conference. Throw in the Morrison speculation and that creates three possibilities, probably all somewhat remote. Altshuller would come at quite a price as he is a '94 and considered the best 17 year old in Ontario, if not in the entire country. Just in a similar vein, it was suggested in Soo country that we might like to move Laughton and Payne and a pick or two for Catenacci. Over my dead body, if I were the Gens G.M.! No substance to any of this, just local fans in various OHL cities "fantasizing". Your thoughts...hypothetically speaking?

I could see something like this Chris Perugini and Catenacci for Baillie and Payne if they want Laughton instead of Payne the Soo may have to part with a high draft choice also.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:43 am

No way the gens are going to trade Laughton

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Just confirmed on the NOOF that Morrison is off to the Petes for picks.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:23 pm

And now since the Petes traded for Mike Morrison I hope that the Gen's will be after Chris Perugini (G) & Daniel Catenacci (c).
for Kevin Ballie , ________________ & 2 draft picks.

My opinion
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:39 am

Outside of Perugini, are there other quality goaltenders availible? I really feel we may have dropped the ball with not grabbing Morrison. Catenacci to me isn't even a need, but I really feel we need a goalie this season.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Catenacci was traded to Owen Sound

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Again, a 'bridesmaid'! Oh well, there's still Jack Campbell, Scott Stajcer, Scott Wedgewood and Perugini (the Soo version, not the Petes).

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 pm

i think Scott Stajcer would be a good choice for the gens depends what owen sound would want for him.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down