Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS FOR EAST/WEST RD 1.

2 posters

Go down

PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS FOR EAST/WEST RD 1. Empty PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS FOR EAST/WEST RD 1.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE - QUARTER-FINAL SERIES

BELLEVILLE (1) vs. MISSISSAUGA (Cool

my prediction is - this ones over before it begins but bulls in 4. i would be saying something diffrent if it where the petes playin.

BARRIE (2) vs. KINGSTON (7)

my prediction - barrie in 5, i give the fronts at least 1 game.

OSHAWA (3) vs. NIAGARA (6)

my prediction - GENS in 5, this is our year,no hamilton,no visentin, no more powerful icedogs, this is our year.

BRAMPTON (4) vs. SUDBURY (5)

my prediction - battallion in 6 in a boring series.

WESTERN CONFERENCE - QUARTER-FINAL SERIES

LONDON (1) vs. SAGINAW (Cool

my prediction - knights in 6

PLYMOUTH (2) vs. SARNIA (7)

my prediction - IF JP. ANDERSON can be hot and the top scorers can be exactlly that for sarnia then i see a upset here, i say SARNIA IN 7

OWEN SOUND (3) vs. SOO (6)

my prediction - attack in 5

KITCHENER (4) vs. GUELPH (5)

my prediction - guelph in 7

I would love to see your thoughts and your predictions too....GO GENS GO!!!

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS FOR EAST/WEST RD 1. Empty Re: PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS FOR EAST/WEST RD 1.

Post by Macker88 Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:42 am

(1)Belleville Vs (8)Mississauga
Like most people I believe this will be a 4 straight sweep by the Bulls. They're just to deep an experienced. Mississauga plays a tight defensive game an their strengths are on the back end an in goal, so I do believe a couple games will be close but ultimately..
Bulls in 4
(2)Barrie Vs (7)Kingston
Barrie seemed to slow down a tad towards the end of the season, although they did still win numerous games, however with guys like Schefiele, Camara, Ekbald their fire power is just far superior to Kingston's. Kingston did play Barrie very well in the regular season, especially there last meeting just 2 weeks ago I see Kingston stealing one maybe two if they're lucky. Kingston will be a strong team the next few seasons.
Barrie in 5
(3)Oshawa vs (6)Niagara
This season Oshawa is the deeper of the two teams, and in my mind one of the 4 deepest teams in the league. Although let's not get carried away Niagara still has Strome, Ritchie, Shipley & Festerini is under rated in goal. Just like last season the lower ranked of the two teams does have upset capability. Although I believe the Gens depth and experience will come through.
Gens in 6

(4)Brampton Vs (5) Sudbury
This may be the most boring playoff series ever played. I bet Sudbury is kicking themselves for trading away Levio and Corrado now. Neither team has any real superstar at any position but they are tough teams to play against. I see this series being grinded out to 7 games. Brampton may benifit from having future North Bay fans come out and support them in Sudbury, as well they may throw something extra out in these playoffs seeing as it's the lady playoff run for the Brampton franchise.
Brampton in 7

(1)London vs (8)Saginaw
London is just far superior to a young Saginaw team. Had Saginaw not moved there Vets at the deadline I may have them stealing a game. But I just don't see it here. London went to the mem cup last year an have nothing on their minds but repeat, there gonna be tough to beat an I think Saginaw is gonna get creamed in the first round.
London in 4

(2)Plymouth Vs (7)Sarnia
Sarnia enjoyed a great season and like most western teams they gotta feel a little shafted that the west is so deep this year. Had Galchenyuk been returned to Sarnia I'd give them alot better of chance here. However they have a solid veteran goalie in Anderson, they have Goldobin, Sarault & Boucher up front and a solid d core that includes Phoenix 1st rounder Connor Murphy. At the end up the day Plymouth is arguably the hottest team in the O and have been lucky enough to have Mitchell Heard an Richard Rake returned to them mid season. If their young goalie holds up this could be a sweep. However ill give Sarnia a couple home victories.
Plymouth in 6 (in a very tough an close series)

(3)Owen Sound Vs (6)Soo Sault Marie
This is one series where I haven't seen much of either team. Although based on what I have seen, I'd have to give the edge to the Attack. Soo Sault Marie has a strong core with guys like Cousins, Broll, Sproul. But I think the Attacks overall depth and terrific goaltending they have the edge here.
Attack in 6

(4)Kitchener Vs (5)Guelph
In arguably the most interesting series of the playoffs I see Kitchener having the slight edge, based mainly on their home ice advantage. It's really hard to win in Kitchener and in a 7 game series that could be the difference. On top of that Guelph captain and leafs prospect Matt Finn is out with a knee injury. Again I think depth combined with home ice advantage will be detrimining factors in this series. Although I have Guelph losing look for them to be series contenders next season.
Kitchener in 7

Round 2
(1)Belleville Vs (4)Brampton
Belleville in 6
(2)Barrie Vs (3)Oshawa
Oshawa in 6

(1)London Vs (4)Kitchener
London in 7
(2)Plymouth vs (6)Owen Sound
Plymouth in 6

So I have a Belleville vs Oshawa East final an a London vs Plymouth West Final.
Ill save a prediction on those for later on as injuries or hot streaks could occur.
As a Generals fan I truly without being a homer believe they can get to the mem cup this year.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS FOR EAST/WEST RD 1. Empty Re: PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS FOR EAST/WEST RD 1.

Post by LX Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:40 am

They can. Any team has a chance. I believe for us two things need to happen.
Stay out of the box. Praying for good officials (good luck) and no dumb penalties that we usually take, and the power play has to click. I'm still not sure how we're ranked 6th. But the guys have to take advantage of the opportunities given.

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down