June 1st Trade Freeze Lifted

View previous topic View next topic Go down

June 1st Trade Freeze Lifted

Post by mcintyre on Mon May 27, 2013 9:33 am

I am interested to see if any deals are (or have already been made made) for the June 1st trading window?...I think we have a glut of good young forwards that may draw interest from other teams.

Thoughts?

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: June 1st Trade Freeze Lifted

Post by jaycro on Mon May 27, 2013 9:27 pm

I really don't see 'a glut of good young forwards " on this team. We will need all of them and then some to ice a respectable team next season. Give us some names.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre on Mon May 27, 2013 11:27 pm

What I meant was we have a number of young (although unproven) Fs that may draw interest in from other teams that may be eying 96s and 95s for a rebuild..

McDade
Manchurek
Wallace

This time of year we often see young players and picks moved for OAs or 19 year olds...

This years' team will be in flux until the 10 game mark of the NHL season when we will know for sure who if any of Laughton, Lessio, Biggs or Sullentrop are sent back....if they all stick....cue the re-build!

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro on Tue May 28, 2013 2:02 pm

I see what you mean and I agree about the first 10 games. I think Laughton could be back, about 50/50. Lessio ,in my opinion is not ready for pro... 20-30% chance of him returning, Biggs about the same and Suellentrop 80-90% chance he'll be back. Then, trade all of them in January at th trade deadline for younger players or to re-gain some of those lost 2nd picks we have given up. We'll see!

jaycro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder on Tue May 28, 2013 2:48 pm

mcintyre wrote:What I meant was we have a number of young (although unproven) Fs that may draw interest in from other teams that may be eying 96s and 95s for a rebuild..

McDade
Manchurek
Wallace

This time of year we often see young players and picks moved for OAs or 19 year olds...

This years' team will be in flux until the 10 game mark of the NHL season when we will know for sure who if any of Laughton, Lessio, Biggs or Sullentrop are sent back....if they all stick....cue the re-build!

We will need 96 and 95s. What do you think unproven prospects are going to get back in return? Not much maybe 14 th round picks. Laughton is doubtful as Philly is in rebuild and want their young stars playing. Lessio is not ready but don't think he is back. The leafs will try real hard to make Biggs work with the Marlies, unless he makes great strides over the summer I don't think he is ready but some guys are just suited to play up a level. Sulley should be back. I think the kicker is if Pittsburgh sends Teddy Blueger here and one of Biggs or Lessio as OA's and Laughton back. Maybe then moves are made if not this team will be looking at a 6 to 9th spot.
I think we are in for another bunch of years of mediocrity. With the way this league works now I do not have much hope for a championship for many many years....it's all about London

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro on Tue May 28, 2013 6:12 pm

100% dead on with all the above comments, nerfherder.

jaycro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro on Tue May 28, 2013 6:12 pm

100% dead on with all the above comments, nerfherder.

jaycro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 28, 2013 9:47 pm

I freakin hate london, im sooooo happy they lost last year,this year, and hope they lose again in thier home rink next year, im sick of them,give someone else a shot.....I think the only ones cheering for london where there own fans..

PS - MISS THE GENS HOCKEY, SAD JUNOIR HOCKEYS OVER, CANT WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR!!! GO GENS GO!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro on Tue May 28, 2013 10:07 pm

I also hate London, although that's probably just jealousy because they have an excellent administrative team ie. the Hunters, draft lots of smaller players who they turn into contributors, win close games, win most overtime games, have an ability to pull out games in the dying seconds and draft American players on 'flyers' and most eventually show up, ex. Mermis and Stolarz (sp). Whew! I hate them like I used to hate the Yankees when they were perennial World Series champions. It's just that they are so good year after year. I envy them and thus, hate them!

jaycro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top