Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generals Vs Petes Pre Season Game in Ajax

2 posters

Go down

Generals Vs Petes Pre Season Game in Ajax  Empty Generals Vs Petes Pre Season Game in Ajax

Post by Macker88 Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:40 pm

The Generals dressed a lineup with very few veterans and it definitely showed. They lost 4-1. Joe Manchurek scored on the PP assisted by Jimi Kuronen and Colin Sullentrop.
There where 3 fights in tonight's game. Pat Hamilton took on Brandon Devlin in the first, Justice Dundas fought Nick Ritchie in the 2nd & Jacob Harrison fought Tyson Baker in the 3rd.

The Generals struggled all game to create scoring opportunities. It was a really sloppy and hard to watch game in my opinion. Michael Dal Colle was the best player on the ice for either team. He had a number of scoring chances although he was unable to burry. Appleby started an played the full 60. The 2nd Peterborough goal was a soft one but other then that he looked pretty good.

Scratches for the Generals - Altshuller, Josh Brown, Aiden Wallace, Bradley Latour, Cole Cassels, Johnny McGuire, Scott Laughton, Jacob Busch & Sam Harding. Pat Hamilton started at forward.
The lines where McDade centering Dal Colle & Smith. Hughes centering Hore & Dundace. Robichaud centering Llyod & Manchurek. Buehler centering Harrison & Hamilton. The d pairing changed often.

I thought Vande Sompel looked very half assed. He looked like he could care less out there. He was horrible defensively to be blunt. He's all offensive. He's a phenomenal skater, has great hands and great play making ability but he's such a risk defensively an his play tonight was very disappointing.
Sullentrop was the best d on the ice for the gens. He through his body around and was making solid first passes.
Carlisle looked excellent on the power play and during 5 on 5. Import Jimi Kuronen has a physical side that I really liked, he didn't shy away from the Pete's players an was good on the PP. he's also a solid skater, makes a good first pass and likes to get under his skin.
Petschening.. Didn't notice him much but for a d that's usually not a bad thing.
Desrocher- not a strong skater, caught out of position a few times, responsible in my opinion for the Pete's 3rd goal. Made a good play on a 2 on 1 but I don't think he'll be cracking this squad.

Forward wise like I mentioned Dal Colle was fantastic, all over the ice, laying the body, creating chances and just overall a good game.
Dundas looked good tonight, played real physical, looked real good on the PK and created some solid chances 5on5.
Hore, I really lost interest in this kid, I thought he was brutal, he looks like he struggles to skate, his stride is brutal an speed is below average as are his hands. I know he played a few games last season but he's not gonna make this team.
Harrison played very physical didn't see many minutes, but created havoc. I didn't see much of him but what I saw I was a fan of.
Hughes stood out, you could tell he was a veteran amongst youngsters. He didn't do anything outstanding but he was good 5 on 5 and in the PK.
Buehler saw limited iced time, wasn't impressed but wasn't upset with his play.
Manchurek seemed to be in on every scoring opportunity, he's not the best skater but he seems to always be in good offensive position and tonight he did well on the pK.
Robichaud is a small and quick player with some offensive ability, another player who wasn't bad but wasn't a standout.
Hunter smith- I rip on him alot but he looks improved, his skating an speed is better but his hands are god awful. He could be useful in the bottom 6 but if he continues to play on the top line where in trouble.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Generals Vs Petes Pre Season Game in Ajax  Empty Re: Generals Vs Petes Pre Season Game in Ajax

Post by steamed Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:32 am

Thanks for the report Macker88 enjoyed reading it.I was going to post yesterday that
Johnny McGuire won't be returning to the Gen's as an OA he is about to sign a contract with the Rochester Americans apun passing a physical.Good luck in the future Johnny Mac
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down