Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kory Nagy Marlies

3 posters

Go down

Kory Nagy Marlies Empty Kory Nagy Marlies

Post by archer_gens Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:32 pm

Anyone know the story here?

Nagy dressed for the Marlies the other night.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Kory Nagy Marlies Empty Re: Kory Nagy Marlies

Post by steamed Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Hope this answers your ?

2013 – 2014 Toronto Marlies Sign Center Kory Nagy to a Training Camp Tryout Agreement
September 26, 2013
The Marlies this morning announced another training camp tryout agreement with 23 year old and former 5th round 2008 draft pick of the New Jersey Devils, Kory Nagy.
Nagy, a natural center who comes into camp at a recorded 5’11″ and 196lbs has been noted to be a pass first type player and can be a possible assist machine when looking at his stats from his junior days with the Oshawa Generals and last year with the ECHL Trenton Titans.

Hockey’s Future talent analysis indicate “Nagy is a defensive minded checking forward who has a strong work ethic and gives a 110% whenever he is on the ice. He skates well, and plays with a little bit of an edge. Not surprisingly given his tools, Nagy is a solid and reliable penalty-killer. He is not blessed with much skill, but you’ll always get an honest effort from him.”

This sounds like a savvy tryout, Nagy might not be the most naturally gifted player on the ice according to the above but it sounds like he is definitely going to go out and push other guys to bring their A game night in and night out during the preseason. Nagy’s PK skills may be worth taking a significant look at as well given the loss of Will Acton this past summer to the Edmonton Oilers and the relative youth and inexperience of the team overall.

Here is a great article on Nagy’s transition from junior to a two way player at the next level:

http://www.trentonian.com/article/TT/20121224/SPORTS03/121229834

Will be interested to see if he can push for a spot and wish him all the best at camp. As always, food for thought!.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:43 pm

Wow I totally missed that.

Thanks
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:24 am

Nagy played really well this weekend with the Marlies. Great checker, great on the PK, seems to be really getting in the good books with the coaching staff. I always liked Nagy I'm glad hes getting a decent look with the Marlies. I thought they may have just been signing him for depth while the Leafs where short up front

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down