Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suspensions

+4
Macker88
chupa81
Gens Camper
archer_gens
8 posters

Go down

Suspensions Empty Suspensions

Post by archer_gens Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:24 am

OSH Justice Dundas Nov. 17 Indefinite TBA

I am assuming Smith and Laughton will both be reviewed by the League as well.

archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Suspensions Empty Suspensions

Post by Gens Camper Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:13 pm

Laughton,s hit was marginal - player turned as they collided 2 min was OK - Hunter Smith = charging terrible call no suspension should have been 2 min boarding - I always thought charging was more than 3 strides before the hit with some speed - that didn't happen - with Hunters size that would take some distance

Dundas probably - 10 games

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Suspensions Empty Re: Suspensions

Post by chupa81 Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:20 pm

The Hunter call was horrible.. It happened right in front of me, Ref wasn't going to call anything until the player went down and grabbed his head. The funny part of this was when the trainer came out, was taking his helmet off slowly, and when 5 minutes get's posted he gets up! He was on the bench for the rest of the game

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Its Branch, it doesn't matter.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:08 pm

David Branch is an idiot.. plan & simple. Lots of times when guys are suspended they shouldn't get any games. Lots of 10 game suspensions should be 1,2 or 3 game suspensions. He thinks his harsh penalties for "dirty" play will get him moving up the hockey ranks. He does things with the intent to benefit himself.

What I mean by that, is he thinks these harsh penalties will get his name out there more an more to the point where he could take over the NHL when Bettman steps down. That's not a theory, I've heard rumors of him being next in line for Bettman's job

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:42 pm

if he (david branch) took over bettmans job, that would be the final straw...i would no longer care for the NHL.....I would sell or burn all my merch and no longer watch any NHL hockey,its bad enough now!!!!

Back to top Go down

Suspensions Empty Hunter Smith

Post by Homer Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:47 pm

chupa81 wrote:The Hunter call was horrible.. It happened right in front of me, Ref wasn't going to call anything until the player went down and grabbed his head. The funny part of this was when the trainer came out, was taking his helmet off slowly, and when 5 minutes get's posted he gets up!  He was on the bench for the rest of the game
Smith never threw a check all season, this was an open ice collision that should never been called a penalty. Very poor refereeing the whole game.

Homer

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:05 am

I couldn't help but yell "smith can't skate fast enough for a charge" after the call. I don't mean that as an insult to hunter, he has drastically improved his game but not the fastest guy out there. I am getting very tired of the "player might be hurt (i know some are) then The 5 min is put on the board and up they get. At least the guy smith hit didn't play after that. (Not hoping he is hurt with that said)

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:02 am

LX wrote:I couldn't help but yell "smith can't skate fast enough for a charge" after the call. I don't mean that as an insult to hunter, he has drastically improved his game but not the fastest guy out there. I am getting very tired of the "player might be hurt (i know some are) then The 5 min is put on the board and up they get. At least the guy smith hit didn't play after that. (Not hoping he is hurt with that said)
He wasn't hurt, he was back on the bench..

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:30 pm

LX wrote:I couldn't help but yell "smith can't skate fast enough for a charge" after the call. I don't mean that as an insult to hunter, he has drastically improved his game but not the fastest guy out there. I am getting very tired of the "player might be hurt (i know some are) then The 5 min is put on the board and up they get. At least the guy smith hit didn't play after that. (Not hoping he is hurt with that said)
The folks sitting near my section share the same sentiments on Smith as well. (sec 104-105). I agree he is getting faster. My thoughts if he quieted down his upper body he would improve.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:12 pm

One thing about Smith is that his passing is very accurate. He is a project but is moving forward.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down