Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Ideas

+13
opinionated
chupa81
core33
steamed
oshgens2k2
archer_gens
Gens Camper
mygens
StingRay5
Macker88
jaycro
WILLSPEN1966
KHE
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Trade Ideas - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Ideas

Post by chupa81 Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:04 pm

steamed wrote:I also do think Twohey will pick up cast offs that won't cost much. but if a team is willing to make an offer that Twohey can't refuse for Laughton that doesn't really hurt the team this year do you make the trade? my opinion yes but thats my opinion.

I say no... The teams in the West in my mind, don't have enough to offer... But I could be wrong! We now wait and see!

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Trade Ideas - Page 4 Empty Trade ideas

Post by Gens Camper Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:36 pm

It sure is GREAT to see others step up and agree that you DO NOT trade a 16 yr old for a rental

As far as our defence goes - next year Sullentrop is gone - Carlise and Brown could be back - Brown could go to the AHL

It is a hope they are back - most of us thought Valentine a few years ago would be back - how many thought McGuire would not be back

On many nights we could sure use his toughness - NO GUARANTEE WITH OVERAGERS coming back

Why is it London is able to reload every year and not rebuild - I want to have something to cheer about every year

Trades are great but we cannot right now give up the future and our draft cupboard is bare

Why is our draft cupboard bare because we traded multiple 2 nds to get Lessio and multiple 2 nds- Altshuller

This why our options are few and I am OK with that - If our G M can get another Sterk for a 5 th - great

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:53 pm

I never once said you should trade a 16 year old, before you get all defensive in your opinion.. Once again, I simply said if you want to acquire top end rentals that's what it is going to cost. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that ... I followed it by saying if we did decide to trade one an you have to choose between Vande Sompel & Harding at this point it's probably Vande Sompel. But again to be clear, because clearly you don't get it, I never said you should be trading 16 year olds.

But again, yes Brown may go to the AHL.. He likely won't but ill play along with the fact he may be gone. Why would Carlisle be gone? He's not an OA he's not drafted or signed by an NHL club ... Why would he be gone ? Serious question ?

Are cupboard may be lacking 2nds but it's not bare, ask yourself this where would this team be the last few seasons with out Altshuller. He's an elite goalie, arguably the best in the league, if we traded him we'd get twice as much as we got back. Just want to be clear here I'm not suggesting we trade Altshuller... simply saying IF he was to go he'd bring back at least what we traded for him, in all likelyhood more. The Lessio deal wasn't a bad deal, he was an elite player, 2nd round NHL draft pick, consistent 30 goal scorer. You could easily compare him to Kerby Rychel points wise... An look what he just went for. It's easy to knock those trades now because the year has finally come when we don't have those 2nd rounders. But at the time those traded 2nd rounders where 2,3,4 years down the road. At the time they were great deals for the Generals.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:08 pm

I was not a fan of Lessio, niagera could have kept him, as good as he was or anyone who thinks he was.He was too much of a individual player,always beaver taping his stick on the ice and wanting the puck and then belittling his team mates at the bench for not passing him the puck when he did very little passing himself.Always trying to be the hero with the puck when he would just end up giving it away anyways....Of all the people we have had in the last few seasons i would have been fine without him and im happy he did not come back this year as i think he was part of the reason why the dressing room was so disfunctional last year.

Too bad he got injured last year, would have been nice to have seen what we could have gotten for him in a trade.

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:13 pm

I completely agree with your assessment of Lessio. As a former player I can tell you the slapping of the stick an demanding the puck really makes guys not like a player. He was selfish as they come and I'm glad he didn't return either. I could of done without him as well.

But ego aside, an his selfishness aside his production while in the OHL warrants what he was traded for. I still could of done without him

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Trade Ideas - Page 4 Empty Trading of Altshuller

Post by Gens Camper Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:52 pm

If we could get 4 or 5 seconds for Altshuller who is an O A next year - - you do it - parlay those 2 nds into defensive help

But not sure anyone needs help in net

As far as Lessio goes - if he wasn't hurt last year - more than likely he would have been traded - he was not a D J type player

As far as Harding or Mitch - I would keep them both unless you got a good return - can't see it

I would rather trade picks than players

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Mitchell Vande Sompel seems to be saying tonight that "I THINK HES A KEEPER"!!!!!

1 goal & 3 assists  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

hes playin awesome tonight!!!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy 

now im just going by the score sheet here,i dont have rogers so i cant watch the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:03 am

This message is for all you bloggers speculating on selling any number of our top guys to build for next year !!!!!!! Seriously are you all on drugs ??????? This team is way out front in the east 24 and 7 , I honestly can't remember the last time we had this record , after 31 games !!!!!!!

Rebuild for what ? To have a possible 24 and 7 record next year ???????

Guys we have a great team this year ,.....

This is NOT the time to rebuild , we have tried that since 1997 , WE ARE THERE !!!!!!!

Only an idiot would trade away Laughton or Altshuller now ..........and PLEASE ....... DOMI .........no thanks !

We need to add a few pieces hopefully to take us all the way , I'm hoping Twohey can get it done !!!!!

The future is NOW

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:16 am

The young guys we hold onto for the future , Vande Sopel , Harding , Wallace , Busch , Durocher ,"......... We can lose Hore , Manchurek , Mcdade ".......... Additions for this years playoff run , tough winger who can play Brenden Bell (Ottawa ) , Brace would have been nice , no way Burnettt , let's us have him , too bad , and another solid Defenseman , big guy ! Seymour ? , would me nice

Oh and someone needs to let Dundas know he is here to fight defend his teammates !!! Or get rid of him , find someone else , we can't have Brown getting suspended for fighting , need him on the ice

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4