The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by StingRay5 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Well folks just heard some news I did not want to hear. Just spoke with a friend who has very close connections to another Junior team. Twohey has been working the phones but trying to sell rather than buy. Apparantly at least asking King's ransoms.
Word is the deal to send Laughton to London is very real and very possible.

Not happy at all with this news.
avatar
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Location : Pickering
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by steamed on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:21 pm

Well everybody knows someone that knows someone,will see come January 10th.
But if we did trade Laughton dosn't mean we are giving up this season,the return for Laughton would be great and also OA & Euro spot open,we problaby could still win the east with out giving up on the future.
avatar
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Location : The Shwa
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by chupa81 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:32 pm

I hope your inside information is wrong! Would like to upgrade this team rather than downgrade! We saw over the weekend what the loss of Laughton will be like! I'm sure all ownership wants is a couple of playoff dates and they will be happy. If they are sellers, there will be a lot more empty seats in my mind!

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by KHE on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:22 pm

If they end up trading Scott I'll be surprised. IF however he goes to Erie and Dylan Strome plus another body and a slew of second round picks comes back it would ease my pain.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by fullbright on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:47 pm

Trading Laughton would be nuts ,unless you get Marner ,plus, plus in return.

fullbright

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by KHE on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:10 pm

fullbright wrote:Trading Laughton would be nuts ,unless you get Marner ,plus, plus in return.

Marner would be good... but London doesn't have the second round picks that Oshawa would want. I just can't see a deal with London happening. Erie is the only team with the picks that Oshawa would want. I'd be very surprised to see a deal with London...

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by fullbright on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:17 pm

it would only make sense to deal Laughton to London if you believed that you could still win the East, and London would surely win the West with Scott, so you're in the Mem Cup automatically. And that plan could backfire because of the threat Sudbury poses.

fullbright

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by KHE on Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:57 pm

fullbright wrote:it would only make sense to deal Laughton to London if you believed that you could still win the East, and London would surely win the West with Scott, so you're in the Mem Cup automatically. And that plan could backfire because of the threat Sudbury poses.

True.. but if you're going to deal Laughton you'll want the best package available.  Erie will be the only team that will be capable of putting the best package available. If Oshawa does decide to trade Laughton their thoughts won't be about getting to the Memorial Cup.  I'm sure London will offer $$ under the table as well.. .they've been known to do that.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by Macker88 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:25 pm

I'd have to say Guelph could have the pieces to acquire Laughton as well. We all know they gave up a boat load of 2nd rounders in the Rychel deal, but with that being said. The Storm could be willing to deal some youngsters. Robbi Fabbri, Garrett McFadden who was their first round pick this year, Adam Craievich, and goalie Matt Mancina are all possible targets. Fabbri and Mancina are 96's, Craievich & Mancina are 97's. If perhaps we do move Laughton and its to Guelph, Fabbri would have to be the must have and then one of the other 3 mentioned players.. along with some 3rd or 4th's. Also if we did make this deal, yeah we are weaker, but Fabbri is a very quality player, and could keep the Generals in the mix of things in the East.

Now the London rumors, I'd like him to go to London as I feel if he heads there, London becomes the best team in the West, meaning Oshawa would just have to win the East, as its been mentioned. But I don't see what London would give us that Guelph or Erie couldn't top. Unless there willing to move Dvorak, Marner and some other "prospects" not currently in the OHL and some picks. Plus as its also been mentioned, Sudbury, Barrie & Kingston are all tough teams as is, bound to improve in the coming weeks.

Erie, If they really wanna throw everything into a Memorial Cup this year, they involve Dermott or Raddysh along with Strome and picks for Laughton. If they make this move they've locked up the OHL.

In my opinion logical moves if we are sellers would be Laughton to Guelph or Erie. Then if where sellers you can't keep Alltshuller, so I see him landing in London.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

View user profile http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by steamed on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:33 pm

We wouldn't get the return for Laughton from London or Guelph, so Erie maybe a trading partner, I would want Dylan Strome,Adam Pelech, Jake Evans and 2 seconds 1st one either there's or Ottawa's and the 2nd either there's or SSM.I think asking alot but that's what I want, and remember we have room for an OA & Euro.this trade would still help win the East and biuld for the future.My opinion
avatar
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Location : The Shwa
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by Macker88 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:43 pm

If you replace Pelech with Raddysh or Dermott then you have a possible deal. Erie wouldn't trade Pelech, he's there number 1 defensemen. It would just open another hole they'd need to fill. Plus Pelech is gone next season, he's a 2nd round pick of the Islanders bound to be in the AHL.

I think Fabbri, McFadden and some 3rd's is pretty similar to your proposed deal, seeing as Strome was the 2nd overall pick and you'd be getting 2nd's in the Erie deal, not 3rds. The London deal your right would likely never happen as that effects London's depth to much an just creates more holes.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

View user profile http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:26 pm

If we trade LAUGHTON anywhere i want it to be ERIE and i WANT MCDAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OR

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by jaycro on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:51 pm

I think Erie has the most to offer (three seconds this year including Ottawa's which is almost a 1st and I would love to see Strome, Raddysh and those three seconds but Erie doesn't need more firepower; they need a big, strong defenceman. London doesn't have 2nds to offer in the near future (next three years) and they are the currency of the day. Guelph is loaded and don't need Laughton (and they don't have 2nds to deal!):they may want Altschuller and I'd take Fabbri and Stevens or Baltisberger! Everything I have read, however, is that Marner, Strome and Fabbri are untouchable.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by jaycro on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:59 pm

Steamed, in your proposal above you dreamed (wished) this could happen!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by WILLSPEN1966 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:35 pm

steamed wrote:We wouldn't get the return for Laughton from London or Guelph, so Erie maybe a trading partner, I would want Dylan Strome,Adam Pelech, Jake Evans and 2 seconds 1st one either there's or Ottawa's and the 2nd either there's or SSM.I think asking alot but that's what I want, and remember we have room for an OA & Euro.this trade would still help win the East and biuld for the future.My opinion

WOW!!! why would a first place team with a 10 point cushion be sellers?? Is this not like the best team we have put out on the ice in years?? So that leads me to believe that ownership isn't serious of ever putting a championship team in Oshawa. So we sell off the 2 best assets in Laughton and Altshuller amd we get a ton of players in return.. So Oshawa will never be serious like the Hunter's in London since they go after it ever year, not like every 6 or 7 years here.. What a disappointment to the fans if this does become reality.
avatar
WILLSPEN1966

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by WILLSPEN1966 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:37 pm

jaycro wrote:Steamed, in your proposal above  you dreamed (wished) this could happen!

If Laughton is traded its during the World Juniors, and if that is true.. We have seen the last of Scott Laughton
avatar
WILLSPEN1966

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by chupa81 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:33 pm

[quote="WILLSPEN1966"
WOW!!! why would a first place team with a 10 point cushion be sellers?? Is this not like the best team we have put out on the ice in years?? So that leads me to believe that ownership isn't serious of ever putting a championship team in Oshawa. So we sell off the 2 best assets in Laughton and Altshuller amd we get a ton of players in return.. So Oshawa will never be serious like the Hunter's in London since they go after it ever year, not like every 6 or 7 years here.. What a disappointment to the fans if this does become reality. [/quote]

I agree 100% as a season ticket holder this would be a disapointment!! It would make me consider on renewing my tickets, I know some people on the board like the ownership group but the last few years they have done less and less for the fans! This in my mind would be another slap in the face, first place club and selling!!! Makes no sense to me.

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by chupa81 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:39 pm

If they do sell the farm, you will see attendance drop big time. When you are in first why sell? Make a run for it!!!

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:09 pm

i would agree as well, if we do sell i hardlly doubt i would be back and would highlly recomend to my dad not renew our tickets to a organization who clearlly does not give a rats a$$ about winning or the old tradition of this ONCE storied franchise.....

P.S - Why do they still announce the gens as once 4 time memorial cup champs every time they come on the ice, why wont they FIX THE PRESENT instead of worry about the past...We are not living and playing 20 years ago, WE WANT TO WIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!

But if they trade laughton while still in 1st place then clearlly they are just like the other team i cheer for who does'nt seem to care bout winning,just putting butts in seats....funny thing is though they putt butts in seats no matter what....(LEAFS)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

WOW - settle down everybody

Post by Gens Camper on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:43 pm

First players that are in the World juniors cannot be traded until the World juniors are OVER

Second - no player is untradeable - If John Travares and DelZotto can be traded anyone can

My thoughts are if we stay pat we can win 1 round - playing Kingston or Sudbury or Barrie is not a lock to win

Why are we not buyers - simple we don't have the picks or players that other teams want

And no we can't trade our 16 yr olds

Laughton was sent back to our surprise - who knows maybe he wants a trade

We can place near the top our division with or without Laughton

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by WILLSPEN1966 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:27 am

[quote="chupa81"]If they do sell the farm, you will see attendance drop big time. When you are in first why sell? Make a run for it!!![/quote

As a former season ticket holder. I agree 100%. The reason I dumped my seats was because the price got way out of reach and we got zero for our dollar. I guess with Twoohey's first move we will find out what direction they are taking. But I can't remember every a first place conference team ever being sellers.
avatar
WILLSPEN1966

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2013-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by chupa81 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:03 am

BIGGSTIMEGENSFAN wrote:i would agree as well, if we do sell i hardlly doubt i would be back and would highlly recomend to my dad not renew our tickets to a organization who clearlly does not give a rats a$$ about winning or the old tradition of this ONCE storied franchise.....

P.S - Why do they still announce the gens as once 4 time memorial cup champs every time they come on the ice, why wont they FIX THE PRESENT instead of worry about the past...We are not living and playing 20 years ago, WE WANT TO WIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!

But if they trade laughton while still in 1st place then clearlly they are just like the other team i cheer for who does'nt seem to care bout winning,just putting butts in seats....funny thing is though they putt butts in seats no matter what....(LEAFS)

I agree with you big time!!! It also shows the players that are still here that this ownership don't give a rats A$$, and why would any player want to come here knowing this! I still can't imagine a first place team selling but you never know! I hope that the guy in the know, is wrong! I remember a year that the gens where firmly in a playoff spot and sold the farm thinking they would still make the playoffs and they didn't! They do have a firm grip on a spot, but there is no way if they trade Laughton and maybe more they have a chance to win a round, like some of you think. I am a true Gens fan but it's getting old. I know this team is overachieving, but lets go for it!!

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by sportznut on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Quite a unique situation the Gens are in this year. A first place team rumoured to unload rather than build to go for it. I think this makes it clear the Gens can not acquire the needs to get over the hurdle or the cost is far too high. I believe we could get out of the east but its the west that is too big and strong for our club. The two divisions have a huge gap. There is far stronger teams in the west and too many holes too fill to compete. I believe management would move Laughton because the cost to go for it is too much. In one hand you go for it and in the other you build for next year. I am sure management analysed the pros and cons. You will get a sweeter deal on the receiving end and make a run for it next year. Lets be honest its much more difficult to buy rather than sell. Your always expected to give up more when buying and the Gens looks like they want to keep there youth. The Gens would of required a block buster to compete with the west and this would mean giving up there youth. Or maybe pieces of the puzzle where just not available...who knows for sure. I have great respect for coach Smitty seeing how he plays his youth and develops them. Not like some teams sitting there youth and giving them a couple a shifts a game(thats friggn old school). If the Gens trade Laughton and gets good young players, that fits into next years plan, I do see a very strong team next year...a cup contender.
But again, its hard to grasp how a first place team in there division.....dumps...On paper it looks ridiculous, but if you hear all the facts then you go....hmm.  Sure would like to hear all the facts tho, we know on the message board its all speculation.


Last edited by sportznut on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by chupa81 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:30 pm

sportznut wrote:Quite a unique situation the Gens are in this year. A first place team rumoured to unload rather than build to go for it. I think this makes it clear the Gens can not acquire the needs to get over the hurdle or the cost is far too high. I believe we could get out of the east but its the west that is too big and strong for our club. The two divisions have a huge gap. There is far stronger teams in the west and too many holes too fill to compete. I believe management would move Laughton because the cost to go for it is too much. In one hand you go for it and in the other you build for next year. I am sure management analysed the pros and cons. You will get a sweeter deal on the receiving end and make a run for it next year. Lets be honest its much more difficult to buy rather than sell. Your always expected to give up more when buying and the Gens looks like they want to keep there youth. The Gens would of required a block buster to compete with the west and this ment giving up there youth. Or maybe pieces if the puzzle where not available...who knows for sure. I have great respect for coach Smitty seeing how he plays his youth and develops them. Not like some teams sitting there youth and giving them a couple a shifts a game(thats friggn old school). If the Gens trade Laughton and gets good young players, that fits into next years plan, I do see a very strong team next year...a cup contender.
But again, its hard to grasp how a first place team in there division.....dumps...On paper it looks ridiculous, but if you hear all the facts then you go....hmm.  Sure would like to hear all the facts tho, we know on the message board its all speculation.

Very well said.. The issue I have, is what do the players inside the room think? I know for myself it I was in the room and in first place and we are told we are going to shake up the team, I wouldn't be very happy! Yes the West is very strong but they are going to beat the crap out of each other.. Who ever wins the East could get through!

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by chupa81 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Gens Camper wrote:First players that are in the World juniors cannot be traded until the World juniors are OVER

Second - no player is untradeable - If John Travares and DelZotto can be traded anyone can

My thoughts are if we stay pat we can win 1 round - playing Kingston or Sudbury or Barrie is not a lock to win

Why are we not buyers - simple we don't have the picks or players that other teams want

And no we can't trade our 16 yr olds

Laughton was sent back to our surprise - who knows maybe he wants a trade

We can place near the top our division with or without Laughton

I can tell you that Laughton does not want to be traded, and we will not be near the top if we lose him.

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Gens are sellers. Not good news

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum