Just wondering about this????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just wondering about this????

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:15 pm

anybody else find it really odd seeing SCOTT LAUGHTON on the 4th line?????

I find it very hard seeing him play on the 4th line when hes probablly one of the top players on that team.

Does the coaching staff really know what they are doing, more specificlly brent sutter.

i don't see canada winning gold either.

Back to top Go down

Re: Just wondering about this????

Post by steamed on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:23 pm

No I don't find it odd,there are more pure goal scores out there than Scott,
he is doing a good job winning faceoffs and killing penilies (when hes not in it  Laughing )
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:51 pm

I don't find it odd that he's on a so called checking line with Gauthier & Anderson, but I do find it off that he's getting so little Ice time. Laughton is arguably the best overall in the CHL, sure guys like McDavid and Drouin and such are better offensively but Laughton is really no slouch in the scoring department. I don't think Sutter has the right mix on team Canada's lines. He's got all 6 off his pure offensive guys together on the top 2 lines, then all his checkers an character guys in the bottom 7.
Personally I think Laughton should Center the 1st line with Mantha & Drouin on the wings. They need a physically & checking presence on that line. Laughton or Horvat centring the top line would be ideal for me.

Drouin-Laughton-Mantha
Lazar-Petan-Hudon
Horvat-Gauthier-Anderson
McDavid-Reinhart-Rychel
Leier

Dumba - Pouliot
Reinhart - Ekblad
Morrissey - Pelech
Bigras

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

View user profile http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:25 am

i have also found it weird that Laughton is not playing a bigger role , centering a top scoring line , Personally i'm not a big fan of sutter , but you can't argue with his success !!!!

just weird ?

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:43 pm

mygens wrote:Personally i'm not a big fan of sutter , but you can't argue with his success !!!!

Now you can.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:52 pm

He played the same 4 or 5 forwards the whole damn game, it was ridiculous. Sure Drouin is amazing hockey player, Petan has boat loads of points & Mantha is a lethal scorer, and Lazar is a good all around player. But McDavid's offensive ability sat on the bench the majority of the game. I'm not trying to be biased, but how do you have Scott Laughton not play a shift in the 3rd. Freddy Gauthier, I don't think saw the ice all game. Horvat was used sparingly, these kids are all elite players. Canada is successful because of their depth, but when you dont use it, our top 3 players are basically on par with most other nations top 3 players.

How does Chris Bigras not play for basically 3 games, he was the Colorado Avalanches last cut !!!

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

View user profile http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:21 pm

NO WAY THEY WIN BRONZE TOMMORROW, SEEMS SUTTER HAS ISSUES WITH PLAYING OHL PLAYERS...INSTEAD HE PLAYS PUCK HOGS LIKE DRUOIN....SUTTERS A OVER RATED COACH AND SHOULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL.....

THEY WOULD HAVE WON IF THEY WOULD HAVE PICKED ALLTSHUILLER OVER PATTERSON!!!!

HONESTLLY I PRETTY PEEEEVED THEY DECIDED TO PLAY THIER WORST GAME ALL TOURNEY IN THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE,NO WAY THEY BEAT RUSSIA TOMMORROW.ANOTHER 4TH PLACE FINISH.

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top