Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHERE ARE THE TRADES????

+3
steamed
oshgens2k2
mygens
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WHERE ARE THE TRADES???? - Page 2 Empty Re: WHERE ARE THE TRADES????

Post by Macker88 Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Here's some info on Generals Prospects - American Prospects, NCAA commits & prospects doing well in Ontario.

Thomas Di Pauli (C/LW) - born April.29.94. Currently playing at Notre Dame in the NCAA. To date he has 1 goal and 6 penalty minutes in 9 games. He suited up for the USA at the WJC putting up 3 assists and 2 penalty minutes in 5 games. He's drafted by the Wasington Capitals in the 4th round 100th overall in 2012.
*Washington asked him to go to major junior, as they did with Andre Burakovsky, but he declined. Not sure if it was due to his rights being owned by Oshawa or not, but likely zero chance we ever see him.

Zachary Stepan (C) - born Jan.6.94. Currently playing for Minnesota State of the NCAA. So far on the season he has 5 goals and 4 assists for 9 points in 15 games. He also suited up for the USA at the WJC, where he posted 2 assists in 4 games. He is a Nashville pick , 4th round 112th overall in 2012.

Patrick McCarron (D) - August.13.1994. Currently playing at Cornell University. In 15 games he has 1 goals and 4 assists for 5 points an 8 penalty minutes. Spent all his junior eligibility with the St Mikes Buzzers in the OPJAHL. Undrafted an Un-Signed.

Mitch Eden (D) - Nov.11.1994, playing in the BCHL with the Prince George Spruce Kings. In 35 games he has 5 goals and 17 assists for 22 points. He's committed to St.Lawerence University for 2014-15

Rory McGuire (D) - Jan.29.95, also playing in the BCHL but with the Victoria Grizzlies. Has 2 goals and 9 assists for 11 points in 35 games. He's committed to Colgate university for 2014-15

Kelly Summers (D) - April.29.96, playing in the CCHL for the Carleton Place Golden Senators. In 16 games he has 3 goals and 15 assists for 18 points and 4 penalty minutes. He's committed to Clarkson University for next season.

Cory Caruso (F) - 6'0 174lbs. April 6, 1996. Caruso is currently suiting up for Hamilton of the OPJAHL. He has 11 goals and 16 assists for 27 points in 30 games. Committed to Mercyhurst for 2014-2015

James De Haas (D) - 6'3 205. May 3, 1994. De Haas is a Detroit Redwings 6th round pick, 170th overall in 2012. Currently suiting up for Clarkson University, he has 2 goals 4 assists for 6 points in 19 games. He seems to be firmly sticking to the NCAA route.

Michael Turner (LW) - Sept.23.1995. Turner is American born currently attending Cushing Academy, he has 12 goals and 14 assists for 26 points in 30 games. I can't find out if he's going to the USHL and then NCAA or what. He's an intriguing prospect though.

Liam McGing (D) - August.4.1995. Currently suiting up for the Chicago Steel of the USHL. In 24 games he has 6 assists and 25 penalty minutes an is a minus 5.
I'm assuming he's going the college route, but nothing is confirmed.

Ryan Burns (LW) - Jan.4.95 - Suiting up for the Milton Icehawks. Has 9 goals and 22 assists for 31 points in 35 games, to go along with 60 penalty minutes. Not NCAA committed as far as I could find out. Could be a good depth player. He's produced so far in his Tier 2 Jr career.

Tyler Cooper (D) - August.5.1996, currently playing for the Mississauga Chargers of the OPJAHL. He has 4 assists and 63 penalty minutes in 30 games. Look for this kid to be around next season. An I highly recommend if you can see him play to do so. Check him out Vs the Whitby Fury, Pickering Panthers or St Mikes Buzzers.

Brett Seney (LW) - Feb.29.96 - 5'7 139lbs. Suiting up
For the Kingston Voyaguers of the OPJAHL. He is definitely undersized, but is an offensive threat at all times. 31 games played 15 goals 18 assists for 33 points to go along with 57 penalty minutes. Not sure his future plans but this kid is also a pretty solid hockey player despite being undersized.

Chase Pearson (C) - 6'2 181 August 23.97. Pearson is playing with the Cornwall Colts of the CCHL. He has 4 goals and 12 assists for 16 points on 26 games. He's apparently going the NCAA route, but it wouldn't surprise me if we see him in Oshawa next season. I believe he's the son of Rob Pearson, a former OHLer.

Stephen Templeton (D) - 6'0, 170 - Jan.26.1997
Currently playing for Milton in the OPJAHL, in 34 games he has 1 goal and 6 assists for 7 points & 57 penalty minutes. A strong candidate for an OHL roster spot next season.

Daniel Robertson (D) - 6'0 154. June.4.1997. Currently
Playing Jr.B with Leamington, he hasn't recorded any points with them in 7 games. We've seen him up with the Generals already this year, but in my opinion this kid needs to add weight to be an OHL Calibre d-man.

Jeremy Brodeur (G) 6'1, 165 Oct.29.96
Currently suiting up for Shattucks St.Marys in the US high school series. In 13 games he has a 2.28GAA & a 0.912%. He wants to come to the OHL next season, which is his draft year. But will be battling with Appleby ( a former 1st round pick) for playing time. Could be an interesting trade piece.

Patrick Grasso (C) - 5'5 130 - May 29 96. Currentt suiting up for Des Moines of the USHL. He has 6 goals and 4 assists for 10 points in 29 games this season. He's committed to the University of New Hampshire for next season. Apparently he wants to come to the O but the size issue has the Generals non committal at this point an wont risk guaranteeing him anything if he forgoes his NCAA eligibility.

Rhodes Dolan (D) - 6'4 179 - May.2.96
I couldn't find any stats for this season but he is American born playing his hockey in the USA. He's has good numbers in minor midget and last season.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:28 pm

mygens wrote:you could be right , but in any case we still need a solid , big , veteran defenseman , hope our Gm finds one somewhere ?

i'd be happy with Carrick or koekoek !!! Smile

I think both are not in the Gens plans as it would cost too much and I'm sure now one of them is going to a team that got a boat load of 2nds,Guelph is waiting for Windsor to pick up the phone  Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:32 pm

Question? Why do the Gens draft so many players that are non-commital or going the American college route?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:41 pm

[quote="Macker88"]Here's some info on Generals Prospects - American Prospects, NCAA commits & prospects doing well in Ontario.

Chase Pearson (C) - 6'2 181 August 23.97. Pearson is playing with the Cornwall Colts of the CCHL. He has 4 goals and 12 assists for 16 points on 26 games. He's apparently going the NCAA route, but it wouldn't surprise me if we see him in Oshawa next season. I believe he's the son of Rob Pearson, a former OHLer.

Chase Pearson is the son of Kingston grad Scott Pearson
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Jaycro, most teams do draft non committal players in later round because they usually have two years to "woo" them into coming to the OHL. London and Windsor are the best examples. It's worth the risk in the later rounds. Also lots of guys don't declare their intentions that early unless their doing it so teams pass on them an they end up with the OHL team of their choice... Sam Gagner and Max Domi with London are examples.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:48 pm

jaycro wrote:Question? Why do the Gens draft so many players that are non-commital or going the American college route?

They take a flyer on them, lot of them are late round picks, or change there minds (kids Rolling Eyes )
and we are not London or Windsor that I'm sure they line the players pockets $$ (Windsor got caught)
and London I think there lining Branches pockets  Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Loosepucks.com ‏@loosepucks 1m

Done trade: Sarnia trades Tyler Hore and Bryan Moore to Sault Ste. Marie for Kevin Spinozzi. #OHL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Is very excited about our newest GENERAL DYLAN SMOSKOWITTZ....I cant wait to see what he can do!!!!

Wondering what else towey has up his sleeve????

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:15 am

As we sit roster wise right now,

Dal Colle - Laughton - Latour
Cassels - Sterk - Smith
Busch - Smoskowitz - Dundas
Wallace - Harding - Manchurek
McDade - Hughes - Hore

Brown - Suellentrop
Vande Sompel - Carlisle
Desrocher - Petschenig
Kuronen

Alltshuller
Appleby
Mabley

Personally I'd like to see Latour pushed down into Busch's spot an a top 6 winger brought in to play on the top line. An I'd like to see a top 4 D come in making Desrocher the 7th/8th D. I think adding two more give us a great amount of depth up front an on the back end.

Eric Diodati is a name not often mentioned but he would be a nice upgrade to our D core an come much cheaper then Koekkoek or Carrick. Gianluca Cucuruto from Plymouth would be nice to. If those 4 aren't options, Jake Worrad, Max IaFrate, Josh Chapman, Luke Mercer, Brayden Rose, Kurtis MacDermid & Jimmy McDowell are all cheaper options.

Forwar wise Van Stralen would be ideal. As Hartman & Vail could be quite expensive. Ben Johnson, Joseph Blandisi or Gemel Smith could come slightly cheaper but not by much. Brendan Bell, Kurtis Gabriel, Eric Ming, Billy Jenkins, Matia Marcantuoni & Scott Simmonds are all other options.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:26 am

kurtis MacDermid would be nice , big tough ,mean , good scrapper , we could use that kind of player on D , stop guys from running Altshuller

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:41 am

And he's a 1994 so he wouldn't take up an OA spot. I like MacDermid an Gemel Smith more then Vail & Koekkoek strictly based on the price tag being far more cheaper. At least in my opinion it would/should be.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:21 am

Great write up macker, Appelby was a 2nd rounder. I think you'll see brodeur staying, he has stated he wants to come. And oshawa will need a goalie.

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:28 am

There's a lot of chatter on HF Boards that a deal is going down today between the Gens and Ottawa. Speculation is a '94 for a ' 94 or a 19 year old for a 19 year old. Comments included "Gens players tweeting goodbye to Hughes". Could be Van Stralen or Blandisi? Stay tuned!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:02 am

It appears the Generals have moved Brian Hughes to free up another OA spot. so I guess the deal with Ottawa or Sarnia still on  Very Happy 
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:11 am

Steamed, is the possible deal with Sarnia for Latta or Chapman?

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:17 am

All I'm hearing it's Latta,but who knows,all's we know is there is another OA coming and or Euro and theres been rumblings of OA Euro Schumacer(sp) not playing in the O but SSM owns his rights,OA's are got to be done by Jan 9th so I'm sure something going to happened today.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2