Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Hore was reassigned

3 posters

Go down

Matt Hore was reassigned Empty Matt Hore was reassigned

Post by StingRay5 Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Just following up on what happened with Matt. He was not cut nor did he leave on his own. He was reassigned to his Tier II team. Should do much better there.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Matt Hore was reassigned Empty Re: Matt Hore was reassigned

Post by jaycro Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:32 am

Sounds like "cut" to me.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Yup, Re-Assigned is being cut. Only difference is we retained his OHL rights by not classifying the demotion as a release.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:56 am

Hore is playing with the Mississauga Chargers of the OPJAHL. He Suited up last Sunday, and recorded 2PIM vs Pickering.
Tyler Cooper, 2012 8th Round pick of the Generals as well as Austin Washkurak 2011 15th round pick also currently play with the Mississauga Chargers.

An if anyone cares Lucas Venuto former Mississauga Steelhead also plays for them.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:26 pm

Just a little follow up side note, completely unrelated player. Mark Manchurek, brother of Joe, born in 1996 is currently tearing up the GOJHL with 14 goals and 19 assists for 33 points in 32 games. I believe he was briefly in camp with the Generals this season. He's produced points at every level he's played at from AAA, Jr.C to Jr.B. He's an OHL free agent I'm hoping the Generals give him a shot.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:13 pm

Not too long ago I saw a Windsor thread on HF Boards where someone brought up Mark Manchurek and his potential. I thought he said Windsor had signed him, or should sign him or bring him to camp....one of the three. I also thought there was a third brother , a defenceman, who I thought was at the Gens camp. I may be totally wrong about much of the aforementioned. You who know more of this, feel free to enlighten me. Thanks!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:29 pm

Ok, I dug a little deeper into Mark Manchurek and found the post to which I was referring. The poster said he read where Jim Parker, a writer for the Windsor paper, I believe, tweeted that the Spits had signed Mark Manchurek to their 50 man protected list. If so, the Gens may be too late. And there is a third bother, Rob, (triplets!!) , a defenceman, who might be at Ridley College.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:48 pm

There is a 3rd brother, his name is Robbie like you mentioned. He was listed on Ridley Colleges roster for 2012-2013 but I can't seem to find anything on him for 2013-2014. As far as Mark Manchurek goes, he was the brother who was in camp with the Generals. He was on Team Tilson which was the Blue team or Michael Dal Colle's team if that makes anything easier.

As for an update, I can't find anything that states he's on Windsor's protected list, I could be completely wrong, but I think if he was in camp with the Generals he wouldn't be on the Windsor List.

I found this on the Draft & Eligibility site..
Player Protected List
Each team can place a maximum of 50 players between the ages of 16 and 20 on their Protected List. A player may not be added to the list until they've been eligible for the Priority Selection.

This list includes the team's roster. OHL teams can have a maximum of 25 players on their roster, which would leave 25 spots on the list for future prospects. Teams can make changes to their list throughout the year.

A player on an OHL team's Protected List may not play for any other CHL team, or attend training camps or rookie camps for another CHL team. Being on a team's list doesn't restrict a player from playing for or attending a camp of a non-CHL team.

*So if he is on the Spits protected list it came after camp.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:38 pm

Excellent info, Macker88! Are you sure you are not Jeff Twohey? You are a font of information and analysis. Enjoy reading your insightful posts!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down