Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music at the games

+13
Rinkrat
oshgens2k2
archer_gens
Macker88
golfermum
Oshawa fan
ag48
JPH
pointdexter
mygens
hockeybeats
nerfherder
Gens_Fan_22
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Music at the games - Page 3 Empty Re: Music at the games

Post by nerfherder Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Yelling at kids on the ice is terrible too.....I know who Mr shoot is....I do not yell at the players at all if that is what your statement implies ...if not no harm.

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:06 pm

nope not implying that at all. i guess i'm going to half to change from Shoot to Let it Go hope that won't bother you as much haha, i'm an excitable fan wanting them to do well just can't keep my voice down. Maybe they should play that loud music during the game that way you wouldn't hear me LOL Very Happy 

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:10 pm

Hahaha too funny! Well guess I'd rather hear that than people putting down the kids...shoot away...ps it will still annoy me... Lol

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pointdexter Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Just to update everyone, after receiving numerous complaints, staff at the GMC are in the process of checking the sound levels in all areas.  They know that the sound is too soft in some areas and way too loud in others and they are working to resolve the problem.  Hopefully I won't have to wear ear plugs much longer.......  affraid 

pointdexter

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by federo5 Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:18 am

mygens wrote:OK FINALLY SOMEONE BRINGS THIS UP , AND I HOPE THE GENS ORGANIZATION PAYS ATTENTION .

THE MUSIC IS WAYYYYYY TOO LOUD ALL THE TIME , I UNDERSTAND WHEN THE TEAM SCORES IT SHOULD BE LOUD AND PROUD !

BUT THE MUSIC IS TOO LOUD ALL THE TIME , WHENEVER THERE IS A BREAK IN THE PLAY ITS LOUD TO THE POINT OF BEING ABNOXIOUS , THERE IS ZERO OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH ANYONE DURING THE GAME WHILE WATCHING THE GAME .

WHO ARE THE GENS CLUB TRYING TO CATER TO ???? THE YOUNG KIDS ???? I think its safe to say the young kids are not paying for the tickets !!!! and its SERIOUSLY TURNING THE PAYING CUSTOMER OFF !!!!!

ITS JUST BECOMING UNBEARABLE AND EXTREMELY ANNOYING AND IT NEEDS TO STOP

Ive been told the owner wants it loud !!! well i wish he would come by the platinum section and ask us the fans , WHAT WE THINK

USED TO BE NICE TO BE ABLE TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE GAME WITH YOUR FELLOW FAN ……..ITS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TOP DO THAT

YOU CAN EVEN STAND AT A URINAL AND GET A BREAK FROM THE NOISE ……IST CONSTANT , ITS EVERYWHERE !!!!

REGARDING THE BIG SCREEN , WELL THATS JUST A JOKE !!!! AND I THINK WITH OVER 5000 FANS AT MOST GAMES , SOMEONE CAN AFFORD TO PAY FOR A NEW ONE ………..THE TEAM AND THE CITY OF OSHAWA , BOTH ARE MAKING GOOD MONEY !!!!!

You're point is no more valid because it's in caps. It actually makes it seem juvenile. It sounds like you may have undiagnosed anxiety disorder . I found no speakers in the urinals. Not trying to be mean but this post was pretty silly

federo5

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Nope , not yelling , just trying to make it easy to read , and good thing I did cuz it's still took you over 2weeks to read it , in fact it seems Fedora , that you missed about 30 replies to my post since . If you had read them you would have noticed there are others who find the music , PA announcing , promotions , too loud and invasive constantly through the event whenever there is a break in play .

So I guess based on your expertise as a trained phychiatrist , most of us must have undiagnosed anxiety disorder !

Hey fellow bloggers , let's celebrate , it appears we have a consummate professional shrink in our midst who is more than happy to offer free clinical diagnosis online !!!! Building up his practice I imagine ! 3 cheers for DR Federo5 , we are truly blessed !!

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by federo5 Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:53 pm

mygens wrote:Nope , not yelling , just trying to make it easy to read , and good thing I did cuz it's still took you over 2weeks to read it , in fact it seems Fedora , that you missed about 30 replies to my post since . If you had read them you would have noticed there are others who find the music , PA announcing , promotions , too loud and invasive constantly through the event whenever there is a break in play .

So I guess based on your expertise as a trained phychiatrist , most of us must have undiagnosed anxiety disorder !

Hey fellow bloggers , let's celebrate , it appears we have a consummate professional  shrink in our midst who is more than happy to offer free clinical diagnosis online !!!!  Building up his practice I imagine !   3 cheers for DR Federo5 , we are truly blessed !!

If you're looking to be clearer and easier to read try periods (.) instead of commas(,). DO YOU ,KOW,WHAT ,,I,MEAN?

Your post stood out from everone elses in the manner it was delivered. If you want your point taken seriously you should present it in a proper manner.

NOT,LaiKE A 12YERAS OLD KID CUZ DATS WHY, CUZ I'M NOT YELLING .

federo5

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:28 pm

hey folks i think this session is getting a little out of hand. everyone should read the POST RULES submitted back in 2008 by GENSADMIN.
there is no need for STUPIDITY as the post indicates and i think the above post by federo5 is a bit childish with the last line of his or her post. Very Happy 

on another note has anyone heard anything regarding Captain Brown and his injury in last night's game, hope it's not serious.

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:34 am

Mygens, regardless of opinion on the music or anyone's anxiety issues, there is a general online convention of not writing entirely in capital letters. Yes, some people agree with you but that doesn't mean you need capital letters.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Hmmm. Truthfully my intention was not to give the impression of yelling , but rather highlighting , but in the end wrt online convention , you are quite right , my bad ,!!!

Getting back to the real issue here regarding gmc noise levels , it seems we may all be more or less accurate , in my unscientific study , I discovered that there is a tremendous difference ,in sound levels throughout the building , example on the Bruce street side , the sound levels are quite muffled and much lower than over where I sit in the premium section below the restaurant , in fact it's horribly loud where I sit , I am not a sound engineer , but it seems to me the sound system in the building needs some serious attention , if not an overhaul

Everyone in my row under the speakers feels more or less the same , "it doesn't need to be that loud , we can talk to each other except during the play "

I have somewhat solved the problem for myself , I 've started wearing Bose headphones with noise cancelling features . But I will most likely move sections next season if something isn't done , going to speak with the ticket manager at the end of the season , I like the seats I have in the premium section , but paying a premium to have my hearing bombarded every game is not a smart move on my part , I still have excellent hearing I want to keep it that way !

The Gm centre is a beautiful building , however when built they obviously tried to save money by scrimping on the sound system and big screen , both are brutal and unfortunately , will prevent the Oshawa generals from ever hosting a Memorial cup unless something is done to bring the quality up to the level of other Ohl buildings

I wish more people would speak up but Alas it is the Canadian way to put up with inconveniences and annoyances isn't it ? Don't get me started on that !,,, Smile

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:57 pm

Correction ...can't talk to each other except during the play

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:04 am

I sat in 113 today, first time I've actually sat in the stands since I've been working the games. Is it quieter? Everything seemed perfectly reasonable from my vantage point. I wouldn't say it needs to be louder or softer, I think it was ideal. And I absolutely loved finally being able to watch a Gens home game from the stands and it was a great all-around performance tonight. The Petes looked like we could play seven or eight periods and they still wouldn't score. The Gens really limited their shots against and scoring opportunities.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3