Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 7's Tonight

+6
nerfherder
generalsfan
Macker88
gmc 118
ag48
archer_gens
10 posters

Go down

Game 7's Tonight Empty Game 7's Tonight

Post by archer_gens Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:55 pm

For those of you who don't have the OHL Action Pak, looks like your in luck. According to the rogers website the IceDogs game will be on cable 10 tonight. The Petes game will be on Rogers TV Sports (Digital Channel 368/369 If i remember correctly).

archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Game 7's Tonight Empty Re: Game 7's Tonight

Post by archer_gens Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:56 pm

Need I mention that's for rogers customers only. That said you could probably get the game put on at Buffalo Wild Wings as they have Rogers. Theres probably other bars as well, but all the ones I go to have Bell Sad
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:34 pm

speaking of tonight's game can someone please explain to me how a Player on the Pete's McGuire be suspended for Bullying, not sure what the reason would be I watched the game and it was rough by both teams. Did anyone see something i might have missed. Rolling Eyes

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:06 pm

During a stoppage a few players were roughing each other. McGuire skated across the ice, dropped his gloves and pounded I believe Bennett. Could be wrong with the name. McGuire got a double minor on the play and the announcers were shocked thats all he got. Should have for 2 instigating 5 fighting and a misconduct. The opposing player never dropped his gloves. There was a similar suspension in the west. Forget the teams, but a player was suspended for the same thing.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Anyone Catch the Moffat hit on MacDonald. MacDonald had his head down an got smoked, the incompetent ref originally called it a 2 minute interference, then changed it to a 5 and a game. Moffat is arguably the Fronts best defence man if he is further disciplined the OHL is an absolute joke. May as well take physical contact out of the game.
Hunter Garlent scored on the power play to tie the game. As of now the PP is still going on. It's sad that a penalty like that will likely change the outcome of this game 7.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:57 pm

In other news, the Fromtenacs commentators are by far the worst in the league. Complete homers, it's actually painful to listen to this game.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:01 pm

An then the Refs give Tanus a 5 minute major for hitting Bennett into the net.. When really Tanus merely knock Bennett off balance an his momentum took him flying into the Pete's goalie. In any other league that a goalie interference penalty on Bennett or at worst a 2 minute interference on Tanus. Just horrendous reffing.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:24 pm

We're down to either Barrie or Peterborough as a 2nd round opponent.

If Kingston scores in OT, Gens play Barrie.

If Peterborough scores in OT, Gens play Peterborough.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:31 pm

I agree Macker88 the ref's just evened up the Major penalties. i've watched the last few games of this series and it's been rough but the Petes are getting the worst when it come to penalties. Hope we don't get any of these guys in our series. Very Happy

ag48

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Oh yeah i forgot my thoughts are the same as yours on the Kingston commentators HOMERS for sure. I understand you want to cheer for your team but if your announcing for the TV audience you should be non partial. Very Happy

ag48

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:02 pm

The Petes it is. They have been playing desperate playoff hockey for awhile now so the Gennies better be ready if not they could be behind the 8 ball early. Hope they play in front instead of behind. Gettem going DJ!

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:12 pm

I like this matchup for the Generals. The Generals have Owned the Petes that last few seasons. The Generals are much deeper at forward, an with the Pete's going 7 games their depth will be tested against the generals. Andrew D'Agostini was the Petes best player along with Nick Ritchie, it will be interesting to see if they're play can continue to be top notch. With this all being said, if you shut down Ritchie, Garlent & Cornel (all on the same line) you'll have success. I also like the fact it's the Petes because it give the Generals that added motivation since the Petes are an arch rival.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Schedule for the Gens and Petes:

Friday, April 4 Peterborough at Oshawa, 7:05
Sunday, April 6 Peterborough at Oshawa, 6:05
Tuesday, April 8 Oshawa at Peterborough, 7:05
Thursday, April 10 Oshawa at Peterborough, 7:05
Friday, April 11 Peterborough at Oshawa, 7:05
Sunday, April 13 Oshawa at Peterborough, 7:05
Tuesday, April 15 Peterborough at Oshawa, 7:05

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by sportznut Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:37 pm

This was the match up I was hoping not to get. The Pete's have been playing extremely well and tough. Also, coming from a 3-0 deficit(in the series) they are going to be on a real high. I am hoping the 7 game series the Petes just had will wear on them, but the Gennies will have to pick it up a notch. Going towards the end of the season the Petes picked up there game and beat Oshawa twice in there last 3 match ups. This is going to be a nail biter of a series. I had said earlier in another post watch out for the Petes....entertainment wise we are going to see a great series...

Go Gennies Go

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:04 pm

The Gens in 6.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:17 pm

The Gens are deeper. The Petes will play tough and will get some goals. Altsy and Laughton have to rise to the challenge.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Agree completely StingRay, as I wrote in the round 2 playoff preview, The Generals are just much deeper then the Petes & will need Altshuller to regain his regular season form.
Peterborough is gonna win a game or 2, but after a physically demanding 7 game 1st round series where they used their 3rd and 4th lines sparingly I don't think they'll be able to keep up with the Generals. An I don't expect D'Agostini to continue his out of this world goaltending.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeyguy Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Macker88 wrote:Agree completely StingRay, as I wrote in the round 2 playoff preview, The Generals are just much deeper then the Petes & will need Altshuller to regain his regular season form.
Peterborough is gonna win a game or 2, but after a physically demanding 7 game 1st round series where they used their 3rd and 4th lines sparingly I don't think they'll be able to keep up with the Generals. An I don't expect D'Agostini to continue his out of this world goaltending.

Not true about Petes using their third and forth lines only sparingly. They did play their third line (Stefano- Nosad -Lorentz)a fair bit the whole series and the fourth line somewhat until suspensions and injuries hit them. There was a lot of line juggling too so that muddies the waters. McCartney from the fourth line played first line minutes in the last two games. Now he's hurt so The Petes will have a short bench.

hockeyguy

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:30 pm

StingRay5 wrote:The Gens are deeper.  The Petes will play tough and will get some goals.  Altsy and Laughton have to rise to the challenge.

even more so because suspensions of Maguire (5games) & Clarke (8 games) both can be back the 4th game in the series also just wondering if Taunus(sp) will be suspended for his push from behind on Bennette to the net which he got 5 minutes and a game.
Here is hoping that Pete's bubble will burst  Very Happy 
GO Gens Go

PS- has anyone know anything on Harding injury ?
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeyguy Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:51 pm

StingRay5 wrote:The Gens are deeper.  The Petes will play tough and will get some goals.  Altsy and Laughton have to rise to the challenge.

The Petes actually have deeper, more balanced scoring at least with a full lineup which they don't have.. The gens are more top-heavy in their scoring.  The Gens scored the same amount as the Petes over the course of the season but allowed a lot fewer goals.  If the Gennies have an advantage it's on defense and the fact that they have had the Petes number for several years.

hockeyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:18 pm

I have to disagree with that, The Generals top 6 forwards are far better then the Petes, and if you go man for man our top scoring forwards out score their's. Dal Colle more then Ritchie, Laughton more then Garlent, Cassels more then Cornell, Sterk more then Clarke, and so on. An even when you get down a little further Betzold & Nosand barely out score Manchurek, Harding and Busch. Also the Petes 4th line is basically non existent. We have a very capable fourth line, and even throw in Owen McDade who is capable as a 13th forward.
Put it this way what group of forwards would you rather have, - Dal Colle, Laughton, Cassels, Smoskowitz, Smith, Latour, Sterk, Harding, Wallace, Dundas, Busch, Manchurek & McDade OR
Ritchie, Garlent, Cornel, Clarke, Tanus, MacDonald, Stefano, Betzold, Nosad, Lorentz, MaGuire, McCartney & Webb.
Factor in no Clarke and No MaGuire for the Petes in the first 4 games and hands down the Generals are deeper up front. Tanus may also be missing after a 5 minute penalty last night resulting in a game misconduct.
I know I sound like a homer right now, but the Generals are just better up front, on the PP, PK and even strength

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeyguy Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Yeah I was just going by pure stats as far as spread out scoring goes. As far as the Petes go , on paper they were weaker offensively then Kingston too and dagostini did what he did. But with the top six forwards you're right about Oshawa's better depth.

hockeyguy

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:04 am

steamed wrote:PS- has anyone know anything on Harding injury ?

My question as well. Haven't heard anything about the injury. Just speculation.
From my angle and watching how he reated after being hurt it sure looked like a separated shoulder.

Who takes his place if he is out?
StingRay5
StingRay5

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:35 am

one of the players referred to him as a cripple on twitter
archer_gens
archer_gens