Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

They say every playoff team needs ADVERSITY

+5
Macker88
LX
KHE
steamed
Gens Camper
9 posters

Go down

They say every playoff team needs ADVERSITY  Empty They say every playoff team needs ADVERSITY

Post by Gens Camper Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:39 am

Well Adversity has hit our Gennies BIG time - going into the PETES barn where the PETES have won the last 3 vs GENS

We play without our leader Scott Laughton for 3 games - we are riding a 6 game playoff win streak and our focus must be DISCIPLINE

We need to rise above the Petes chippy play and move ON -

GO GENS GO

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

They say every playoff team needs ADVERSITY  Empty Re: They say every playoff team needs ADVERSITY

Post by steamed Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:47 am

Gens Camper wrote:Well Adversity has hit our Gennies BIG time - going into the PETES barn where the PETES have won the last 3 vs GENS

We play without our leader Scott Laughton for 3 games - we are riding a 6 game playoff win streak and our focus must be DISCIPLINE

We need to rise above the Petes chippy  play and move ON  -

GO GENS GO

Someone should of told Scott  Laughing 
we have to come out with a split at least in Peterbourough, But I do hope we win both  Very Happy 
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

They say every playoff team needs ADVERSITY  Empty Re: They say every playoff team needs ADVERSITY

Post by KHE Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:16 am

I think the ideal scenario for Oshawa is that they split the games in Peterborough and then close it out on Friday at home. That guarantees that Laughton is available for game 1 of the Eastern Conference Final and it also gives Rocco another home playoff gate which will only help the bottom line. I'd rather have them do this than close it out in 4 games and have Scott miss game 1 of the ECF.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:34 am

I'm sure Kingston was thinking 1 extra playoff game is good for the pocket. An look what happened. I agree it would be best to have Scott back, but if u can win in 4, you wanna win in 4. Especially if NB finishes Barrie in 4

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:39 am

KHE wrote:I think the ideal scenario for Oshawa is that they split the games in Peterborough and then close it out on Friday at home.  That guarantees that Laughton is available for game 1 of the Eastern Conference Final and it also gives Rocco another home playoff gate which will only help the bottom line.  I'd rather have them do this than close it out in 4 games and have Scott miss game 1 of the ECF.

To Hell with the gate if the Gen's have a chance to finish the Pete's off in 4 games you do it don't play for the gate or the quicker return of
Scott "selfish" Laughton.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:22 am

steamed wrote:
KHE wrote:I think the ideal scenario for Oshawa is that they split the games in Peterborough and then close it out on Friday at home.  That guarantees that Laughton is available for game 1 of the Eastern Conference Final and it also gives Rocco another home playoff gate which will only help the bottom line.  I'd rather have them do this than close it out in 4 games and have Scott miss game 1 of the ECF.

To Hell with the gate if the Gen's have a chance to finish the Pete's off in 4 games you do it don't play for the gate or the quicker return of

Now steamed, Scott has been instrumental this year leading this team and to call him 'selfish' is getting a little much. Selfish is something Scott is not. We've got to remember that these players are still just young men and they will make mistakes. Has he learned from last year? Yes.. I do believe he has. There have been numerous times I've seen Scott avoid making a hit on another player due to the potential consequences of making the hit. It's to bad that that's what it's come to in the league but that's what Mr. Branch wants I guess. This was a stupid non-hockey incident and I'm sure he feels like an arse for doing it.
Obviously you want to win in 4 games if you can however Oshawa's record without Scott in the lineup is fairly well known. Don't get me wrong... I want them to win in 4 games but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they won in 5. Oshawa is NOT Kingston by any means. Can Peterborough beat Oshawa in 4 of the next 5 games? No.. I'm sorry but they can't. I realize what happened in the Kingston series but Oshawa is a different beast. I have a feeling that you'll see this Generals team rally around the loss of Scott for the next 3 games and I'm sure they realize tonight is a big one..if Oshawa wins they'll just step on the Petes throat a little harder. You don't want to give them anything.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:13 pm

KHE wrote:
steamed wrote:

Now steamed, Scott has been instrumental this year leading this team and to call him 'selfish' is getting a little much.  Selfish is something Scott is not.  We've got to remember that these players are still just young men and they will make mistakes.  Has he learned from last year?  Yes.. I do believe he has.  There have been numerous times I've seen Scott avoid making a hit on another player due to the potential consequences of making the hit.  It's to bad that that's what it's come to in the league but that's what Mr. Branch wants I guess.  This was a stupid non-hockey incident and I'm sure he feels like an arse for doing it.
Obviously you want to win in 4 games if you can however Oshawa's record without Scott in the lineup is fairly well known.  Don't get me wrong... I want them to win in 4 games but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they won in 5.  Oshawa is NOT Kingston by any means.  Can Peterborough beat Oshawa in 4 of the next 5 games?  No.. I'm sorry but they can't.  I realize what happened in the Kingston series but Oshawa is a different beast.  I have a feeling that you'll see this Generals team rally around the loss of Scott for the next 3 games and I'm sure they realize tonight is a big one..if Oshawa wins they'll just step on the Petes throat a little harder.  You don't want to give them anything.

I did not say anything on Scott's play during the season, He was a leader out there,  he was selfish to do sometime stupid as a leader(and he is a repeat offender) in the playoffs when it means something, you can say what you want about Branch and his punisments alot I don't agree with either, but it wasn't that Scott hit someone and just happens to hit the the player from behind and it was a questionable call, but this was a butt end and no need for that it was after the wistle went,if he had his stick down this would not of happened. you may agree what Scott did and your justification he is just a young man. I could see a rookie making that mistake but not a leader on your team.
This is my opinion as you have yours
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm

steamed wrote:
KHE wrote:
steamed wrote:

Now steamed, Scott has been instrumental this year leading this team and to call him 'selfish' is getting a little much.  Selfish is something Scott is not.  We've got to remember that these players are still just young men and they will make mistakes.  Has he learned from last year?  Yes.. I do believe he has.  There have been numerous times I've seen Scott avoid making a hit on another player due to the potential consequences of making the hit.  It's to bad that that's what it's come to in the league but that's what Mr. Branch wants I guess.  This was a stupid non-hockey incident and I'm sure he feels like an arse for doing it.
Obviously you want to win in 4 games if you can however Oshawa's record without Scott in the lineup is fairly well known.  Don't get me wrong... I want them to win in 4 games but it wouldn't be the end of the world if they won in 5.  Oshawa is NOT Kingston by any means.  Can Peterborough beat Oshawa in 4 of the next 5 games?  No.. I'm sorry but they can't.  I realize what happened in the Kingston series but Oshawa is a different beast.  I have a feeling that you'll see this Generals team rally around the loss of Scott for the next 3 games and I'm sure they realize tonight is a big one..if Oshawa wins they'll just step on the Petes throat a little harder.  You don't want to give them anything.

I did not say anything on Scott's play during the season, He was a leader out there,  he was selfish to do sometime stupid as a leader(and he is a repeat offender) in the playoffs when it means something, you can say what you want about Branch and his punisments alot I don't agree with either, but it wasn't that Scott hit someone and just happens to hit the the player from behind and it was a questionable call, but this was a butt end and no need for that it was after the wistle went,if he had his stick down this would not of happened. you may agree what Scott did and your justification he is just a young man. I could see a rookie making that mistake but not a leader on your team.
This is my opinion as you have yours

That was a long sentence. First of all, I do not agree with what Scott did. I never said I did. However, I can't consider this incident a "selfish" incident. I don't think Scott got any satisfaction out of butt ending the Petes player. It appeared as though it was a reaction to something although I don't know what, perhaps something was said on the ice. The only people that know are Scott and the Petes player. It was stupid, we both can agree on that and he should have had thicker skin.

With regards to Branch, I think we agree? I'm not quite sure as I really didn't understand what you typed. I think his suspensions the majority of the time are a little over the top, especially with the ridiculous Ho-Sang suspension. However, I do think his intentions are good in regards to head shots. Unfortunately there are incidents like the Ritchie hit on Friday night where I thought it warranted further action by the league and nothing is done. I really think he only gives major suspensions when an injury is involved and in my opinion that's the wrong practise. You suspend for the act not the result of the act. I think 3 games for what Scott did is a little harsh as I really think 1-2 is probably more appropriate but I don't run the league (i wish). However it really pisses me off that Ritchie gets NOTHING for what I think is a much more dangerous incident on the ice.

We'll see how both teams react this evening.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:40 pm

I'll make it short and sweet. This is my last post on this subject. you say it was harsh I say he was lucky he didn't get between 5 to 8 games as I don't think there was video of the butt end and they relyed on the Linesman version.I see it as an selfish acted you don't and problably a lot of other fans may agree with your point of view, oh well
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:30 pm

I agree Steamed it was a selfish act. Laughton has smartened up a bit in comparison to previous seasons, but as a player you know what your doing when you butt-end someone, slew foot someone or target someone's head. It's not an accident. Does he regret it, of course, it was still a selfish act. Laughton is a leader an a unselfish player, but this specificly is a selfish move.

As for suspensions & Branch in general, there is no consistency, while I believe his suspensions are to harsh to begin with, I would be less upset if there was at least consistency with the suspensions. Hayden Hodgson of the Sarnia Sting got 8 games towards the end of the year for nearly the exact same hit Ritchie threw on Petschenig, in my opinion his hit was less dangerous, but.. The video on the OHL website noted, Hodgson left his feet, targeted the head, came from players blind side, the player was not injured on the play. I really feel David Branch's time has run out with the OHL. He plays favorites with teams & players ,An it effects his suspensions. The Ho-Sang suspension is absolutely ridiculous. What Ho-Sang did was a routine play you see in every OHL game, it's just unfortunate Zach Bell fell awkwardly into the boards. This is a developmental league an suspending a player for an eighth or a quarter of the season is beyond ridiculous. Sure suspend a kid for a head check, but hey 2-3 games is more then enough for a player In the OHL. Keep in mind 3 games keeps a kid out for a full weekend set of
Games, has him out of game action for 7-10 days. The kid will learn just as much from 2-3 games as 10-12. You think kids wanna be suspended period, they're kids trying to get drafted an make the NHL, trust me 2/3 games for a head check is just as effective. When you give a physical
Player a 10 game suspension for hitting to the head, it turns the player soft as he's scared to hit an get suspended again.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:44 pm

we're lucky we didn't get 8 games from branch , the way he goes sometimes !

hopefully SCOTT and the rest of the Gens , get the message from this !!! a thing like this is all it takes sometimes to end your run for the cup !

the rest of the boys need to pick it up and cover for scott , then give him the shit he deserves in the dressing room .

nuf said

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:40 am

A message to Petes' fans on their Peterborough Petes Message Board Forum..... quit your whining, it doesn't look good on you! Hunter Smith, a goon...! Really?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:43 am

jaycro wrote:A message to Petes' fans on their Peterborough Petes Message Board Forum..... quit your whining, it doesn't look good on you! Hunter Smith, a goon...!    Really?

Hunter Smith a goon No maybe they should look at there team  Laughing  I also read on there board that we only have 1 line and the Pete's are deeper confused 
Gen's just have to play there game as 4 the game is always the most dificult to win.
GO GEN'S GO
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:56 am

steamed wrote:
Hunter Smith a goon No maybe they should look at there team  Laughing  I also read on there board that we only have 1 line and the Pete's are deeper confused 
Gen's just have to play there game as 4 the game is always the most dificult to win.
GO GEN'S GO

Just did the same thing and read through their posts. Looks like they have only a couple of folks that have any real hockey knowledge and the rest are just homers, fans of the Petes only can look at their team and the players objectively.

Calling Hunter a goon and that the Gens having only 1 line is completely ridiculous.
StingRay5
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Although the comments on their measage board are crazy. All teams have homers. We watched the game in the resterant area at the pmc. Listening to some of the homer general fans in that area was pretty bad. Keep playing our game and the gens will be off to the next round. It would be nice to see Barrie and nord bay battle to a 7 game series.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:02 am

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A SWEEP - BUT ALSO WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT END

ON FRIDAY NIGHT AT HOME

Hope Barrie can win at home tomorrow then it is at least a 6 game series

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:55 am

Gens Camper wrote:I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A SWEEP - BUT ALSO WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT END

ON FRIDAY NIGHT AT HOME

Hope Barrie can win at home tomorrow then it is at least a 6 game series

Then maybe you should go up to Peterbourgh just in case  Wink 
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:43 pm

I have been informed that 3 games is the minimum suspension for a player when he receives a match penalty for a butt end from a referee. The league will review to see if more games are needed but 3 is the automatic minimum. The same goes for Lizotte and the slew foot. Apparently the 1 game is the minimum when a match is given by the referee. I wasn't aware of that....

KHE

Back to top Go down

They say every playoff team needs ADVERSITY  Empty Game # 4 in Peterboro

Post by Gens Camper Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:02 pm

The reason I cannot be in Peterboro as I planned - I was in Mississauga for game # 4 and I communicated to Karon about going on Tues

for game # 3 and game # 4 however my daughter was expecting on Apr 5 and was late and went into labour late on Tuesday afternoon

and I was up all Wed night and she delivered a Baby boy this morning ( hoping a future GEN ) so if there is a game # 5 - I will be there

hoping all goes well tonight - GO GENS GO

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Gens Camper wrote:The reason I cannot be in Peterboro as I planned - I was in Mississauga for game # 4 and I communicated to Karon about going on Tues

for game # 3 and game # 4  however my daughter was expecting on Apr 5 and was late and went into labour late on Tuesday afternoon

and I was up all Wed night and she delivered a Baby boy this morning ( hoping a future GEN ) so if there is a game # 5 - I will be there

hoping all goes well tonight - GO GENS GO

Congratulations is order!
StingRay5
StingRay5

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:39 pm

jaycro wrote:A message to Petes' fans on their Peterborough Petes Message Board Forum..... quit your whining, it doesn't look good on you! Hunter Smith, a goon...!    Really?

Pete's message board is not saying anything now  Laughing 
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:38 pm

steamed wrote:
Pete's message board is not saying anything now  Laughing 

Ha! cheers 
StingRay5
StingRay5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down