It still is hard to believe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It still is hard to believe

Post by Gens Camper on Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:39 pm

Well for some reason my heart thinks I should be going out for dinner then going to the GENS game seeing some buddies and talking up

the GENS at the game 2 night - 1 week ago tonight we were exited for the start of the final - and its OVER - my head knows that

Well I will now watch more of my other favourite team - GO BRUINS GO - not sure what do Leaf fans do at this time of year

Oh RIGHT - they watch the Marlies - anyways IT WAS A great run - at times I believe that winning or the path to win the final

of any championship is who you meet on the way - I didn't think we matched up well vs the BAY - Barrie was a better matchup

As far as the final goes Guelph is too strong will win in 4 - they can skate and there Power play can kill you - ask Erie

Anyways - Good luck to all

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It still is hard to believe

Post by StingRay5 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:45 pm

I agree it was a great run.

I'm having fun cheering for CBJ and Boone Jenner. Wished the Leafs would have picked him in the draft.
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:09 pm

The gens website is thanking the fans for an "incredible " gens season , well maybe it was incredible at the gate and they made lots of money , but It was NOT an incredible hockey season for the team , let's not get carried away , this attitude is like that of the leafs , ecstatic about any form of success .

Get this straight it was a good season that's it , we finished first in a week eastern division , we won two nice rounds , although we certainly didn't blow anyone away , and we got swept in the 3rd round , like we were no tthreat at all !

I hold the bar higher for the gens , !

Thanks for a good year boys , but more needs to be done and a greater effort by all from the manager down to the players to have an incredible season

I

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:11 am

It was an incredible season.. Then Generals where projected as a boarder line playoff team going into this season and they won the Division and finished first in the Conference. That's an incredible season !

"We won two rounds but didn't blow anybody away" ..
Sweeping two series back to back is blowing a team away. If you expect the Generals to win every playoff game by 5-6 goals then your expectations will never be reached.

Comparing the Generals to the Leafs is a joke. The Leafs aren't okay with mediocracy. Is it their fault die hards still spend 300 bucks a ticket to watch a board line playoff team play night in an night out, No. The leafs don't market mediocracy they market tradition and tradition will
Keep butts in the seats even if they go 0-82 every year.

I really don't understand what your issue is with the Owners or the Generals. It's as if they only thing that reaches your standards is an undefeated season where we sweep every series and go undefeated in the Memorial Cup and still have 10 2nd round picks. The Generals had an amazing season, they overachieved and they deserve a whole boat load of congratulations for how well they played. Sure they crapped out in the East Final but this season was absolutely an incredible season for them.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

View user profile http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StingRay5 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:43 am

I agree Macker. Many including me thought they would be hard pressed to make the playoffs at the beginning of the season. Especially after watching Kingston roll over the team in the last exhibition game in Pickering.

Two straight playoff series sweeps was very impressive to me and should be considered a success!
StingRay5

Number of posts : 265
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2013-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:46 pm

That last pre season game in Pickering had me thinking we might be in a race to get the first overall pick, so the outcome of the season was very welcomed.

This season was a complete success as you said, anyone who doesn't see that, either doesn't follow the Generals or doesn't know hockey at all.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

View user profile http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum