Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rumor trade

+4
jaycro
mygens
Macker88
steamed
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rumor trade - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor trade

Post by jaycro Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:10 pm

Totally agree mygens. he's typical of what the Gennies used to pick up in the last 10 years with the possible exception of last year. The problem is the Gens have few draft picks to move, especially 2nds so the Wigles of this world is all they can afford. The Petes, Storm and a couple of others have 5 or 6 or more 2nds to move over the next three years, so I doubt we will see any M&M's (Moutreys and Misteles) here this year!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by oshgens2k2 Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:29 pm

The obsession with seconds continues....lol. No worries we are now playing the game of the knights and others. A couple seconds will be moved from futures this year and next year we will acquire a few when we move a few players from this year.

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:56 pm

jaycro wrote:Totally agree mygens. he's typical of what the Gennies used to pick up in the last 10 years with the possible exception of last year. The problem is the Gens have few draft picks to move, especially 2nds so the Wigles of this world is all they can afford. The Petes, Storm and a couple of others have 5 or 6 or more 2nds to move over the next three years, so I doubt we will see any M&M's (Moutreys and Misteles) here this year!  

This year I think we know we need something to put us over the top but Gen's don't want to give anything up youth or picks to acquire high end talent, that's why I think Wigles is in play, I don't think he is the guy but more than likely will be the guy as he will come cheap as in a 3 to 5 round draft pick
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:10 pm

we need a vet D man , not another 4 th line forward , we have enough of those already .

we haven't been this close to an ohl title and the memorial cup since 1997

the gens HAVE to add another vet D and 2nd line forward to really strengthen their position , injuries happen , peschineg prime example .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:34 pm

Could have had Callaghan for a 4th! The Gens cannot afford Baptiste-like prices! But that's the calibre of defenceman , maybe two, we need.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Mygens and Jaycro I agree with the both of you on a couple things,

Mygens, I agree we need a veteran defenseman not another depth forward, Wigle would be okay to add if you get him for a 10th round pick and plan to play him in a depth role. He's a veteran and plays a style of game that will be effective in the playoffs. However he is not worth an O/A spot.

Jaycro, I couldn't agree more Callaghan for 4th would of been ideal, I think a 4th is a little high for Callaghan but with a Memorial Cup in reach this season, I would have pulled the trigger.

Steamed, Wigle is not on the Generals radar I can confirm that. I posted last night he was exploring options in the GOJHL, I can confirm today that he has been speaking with Caldeonia.

As far as Belleville, I apologize I forgot they added Bignell last week, filling their previously open O/A spot

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:49 pm

Macker88 wrote:Mygens and Jaycro I agree with the both of you on a couple things,

Mygens, I agree we need a veteran defenseman not another depth forward, Wigle would be okay to add if you get him for a 10th round pick and plan to play him in a depth role. He's a veteran and plays a style of game that will be effective in the playoffs. However he is not worth an O/A spot.

Jaycro, I couldn't agree more Callaghan for 4th would of been ideal, I think a 4th is a little high for Callaghan but with a Memorial Cup in reach this season, I would have pulled the trigger.

Steamed, Wigle is not on the Generals radar I can confirm that. I posted last night he was exploring options in the GOJHL, I can confirm today that he has been speaking with Caldeonia.

As far as Belleville, I apologize I forgot they added Bignell last week, filling their previously open O/A spot

I didn't say Wigle was on the gens radar all's I was saying is that's the type of deal the Gen's will probably make as it won't cost nothing of value, but I do hope they make a pitch for a veteran defenseman and another depth forward, so far the 2 of the top players that were traded Baptiste and Ho-Sang I'm glad we didn't trade for.Time will tell less than a month till deadline
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:12 pm

I personally think a guy like Jeff Corbett from Sudbury would come at a reasonable price, yes he's a minus 24, but he plays 20+ minutes a game for a terrible Wolves team. If you take out this year's stats he's a plus 7 over his career. 6'2, 185 pounds, from Uxbride, solid defensively, makes smart decisions, physical but physical under control. Really high on him as far as a good solid 4/5 defenseman.

If the Gens could also maybe get a package deal where they also add Nathan Pancel, that would be ideal. 74 points last year, nearly a point per game player throughout his 200+ game OHL career. Really think he'd thrive in a top 6 role with the Gens. A single trade where Pancel and Corbett come to the Gens, would pretty much get us exactly what we need.

Other ideas would be Jacob Ringuette and Nick Moutrey from Saginaw, the price tag for Moutrey would be slightly higher because he is a '95 an there is a very slight chance he returns. At 6'3, 220 Moutrey is the ideal player for the Gens up front.

Matt Mistele is quietly being shopped, I expect him to return as an O/A as LA is fairly deep in prospects and at the AHL level. Given he struggled last year and had a shortened rookie season, returning for a 5th season makes sense. If the Generals could acquire Mistele it would be huge, but I think of the players I've mentioned his price tag is the highest. An considering the Plymouth GM is still considering buying you have to think he's probably asking a ridiculous sum for Mistele. Campagna is another option, although I don't exactly think his style of play fits the need for the Generals. Mitch Jones is readily available in Plymouth an I think he could be a nice addition as well.

In a perfect world, the Generals would acquire Gianluca Curcuruto from Plymouth and then Corbett and Pancel from Sudbury.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:21 pm

I would have been thrilled with Baptiste but he came at a huge cost , two players, two 2nds and two 3rds. We will have to send two or three younger players and two seconds and some combination of two 3rds or 4ths to acquire what most people think they need, that is,a big defensive type defenceman and a big scoring winger, preferably for the right side.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by oshgens2k2 Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:56 pm

People need to get picks out of their head. We move futures in seconds even four or five years down the road to acquire them back next year like the London's , belleville a of the world do. We are not changing the chemistry of this team. A solid 19 or oa forward plus a solid defensive defenseman is what we need. Remember we roll four lines here and lindberg is on the third line.

oshgens2k2

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:10 pm

I would not give up a 2nd round pick for an overage , you don't need to , 4 th round pick at best is the going rate in my opinion

A'95 is a different story if they can return next year

The gens are not pressed to make a knee jerk trade right now , I suppose , since this team still keeps winning , so the trade deadline will probably be when it happens , so they don't pay too much for an overage

Sure would love a Calkaghan or the big D from Sarnia , name escapes me

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:29 pm

I agree folks, look what Erie did, they moved a second in 2020, and a 3rd in 2018, those picks won't effect them at all in the next 3-5 seasons. By then they could arguably be terrible and sell guys like Strome or DeBrincat or Raddysh for those picks, plus more back (Just a scenario, we all know Strome could be gone next season).

The Baptise trade really wasn't a lot all things considered, they gave up a journey man player in Wood who never had more then 20 points in a season. They gave up their 7th defenseman, and the 2nd an 3rd in 15 were not even theirs. I basically see this trade as they gave up a 2nd and 3rd in 15. Could the Generals live without Templeton and Manchurerk.. absolutely.. well that's the quality of player that went to Sudbury in the Baptiste trade.

Mygens, a 2nd rounder for an O/A is a bit much unless its for a player of the Josh Brown quality. Meaning a player that arguably should be playing pro hockey but was returned do to the NHL club that owns their right having a deep farm system. Example. I would give up a second round pick for a Barclay Goodrow type player if they where available this season.

Jaycro, you can acquire a guy like Corbett, Ringuette, Zottl or Jones for a 4th at the most. They are along the lines of Callaghan's price tag. A guy like Pancel will cost a future 2nd or two future 3rd's plus a younger player. Not a top young player like Harding or Pu but a young player along the lines of a Templeton or Huether.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Hope you are right, Macker and you seem to have the sources/resources to prognosticate. The "give-ups" I alluded to earlier in this thread were for a Moutrey/Ringuette or Mistele/Curcurato combo.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:57 am

I hope that this don't happen and it's just a RUMOUR that's been posted,I'm happy with the last line of the rumour Very Happy :
OHLInsiders @OHLinsiders
They're said to be closer on Mermis than McCarron but likely don't have the assets to get both. #Knights want Vande Sompel, no go for OSH
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:14 am

This is what I'm thinking don't know who I'm willing to give up but what about getting from the Kitchener rangers OA Max Iafrate Defensemen & last year player
forward Justin Bailey.

steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:35 pm

Hearing there is a blockbuster Trade in the works between Barrie & Guelph,
And I assuming one of the names going to Barrie is Berttuzzi
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:04 pm

Done deal? Bauman and Harpur for Smith and C.J. Garcia?

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Pancel would have been a nice pickup for the Gens but the purse is empty. I would have moved Carlisle to fit him in. 40 goal scorers are hard to come by!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Harpur should would have looked good in a GENS uniform

Pancel was just moved to the Petes for picks

After moving Boland they had an open O A spot

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:25 pm

London still may move some players - they will win round 1 in the playoffs - then what

Surprised Kingston who was ranked # 1 in the country before Bennett got hurt have not added more

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:07 pm

We could have opened up an OA spot before Pancel went to the Petes. Can't deal with London...they over-rate their players and fleece most GMs. See the Welycha and Herbst move among many over the years! I hope the Gens pick up one more player before noon tomorrow like they did Lepkowski last year only for a lesser price!!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:37 pm

I don't know what a lesser price than free is? As they picked up Lepkowski for nothing when he was left unprotected by Barrie

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:48 pm

Sorry, was mixing up Lepkowkski with Smoskowitz who, I believe, cost a 2nd.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:00 am

Stating the obvious here, but a 2nd isn't exactly a lesser price, it's basically the highest price.

Here are some forwards that are possibilities if the Generals do decide to add another body up front, that provide an upgrade on our bottom 6, but would cost something relatively cheap,

Sam Povorozniouk - Windsor - 38 GP - 11-17-28 - -6 - 24 PIM
Jacob Harris (C) - Sudbury - 29 GP - 4-7-11 - -15 - 9 PIM
Danny Desrochers (LW) - Sudbury - 35 GP - 9-4-13 - -23 - 57 PIM
Sam Studnicka (C) - Ottawa - 28 GP - 7-5-12 - -4 - 39 PIM
Connor Chatham (RW) - Plymouth - 25 GP - 7-12-19 - -1 - 30 PIM

Here are a few defenders, also would I feel would have reasonable price tags,

Mitch Jones - Plymouth - 29 GP - 6-4-10 - +1 - 98 PIM
Mike Vlajkov - Ottawa - 1 GP - 0-0-0 - -2 - 0 PIM

Personally I would like to see Mitch Jones come in, he bring a whole lot of physicality and nastiness on the backend. While the Generals are team tough, I'd like to see a guy like Mitch Jones come in, he's a guy that will provide solid bottom pairing minutes, but can also drop the gloves and protect teams. I don't want Pedersen, McCarron, Smith or Brown fighting as one broke hand throws 6 weeks of the season away at the very least.

Connor Chatham from Plymouth would also be ideal, NJ prospect, good size and physicality, could play in a 3rd/4th line role, contribute offensively and to the PK, and while he'd cost more then any of the other forwards I mentioned it wouldn't be an exuberant sum.

Danny Desrochers would be the best of the truly cheap costing forwards, veteran forward, can play centre or wing, kill penalties, has playoff experience, he's physical, fights, good team guy. I think flipping a guy like Manchurek for him isn't a bad deal for either side. But when its all said and done if that's the case Desrochers isn't much of an upgrade if any upgrade on Manchurek.

In goal the DaSilva move was pointless, a waste of a pick, I'd rather let a random 16 year old in the stands strap on pads an play goalie if Appleby got injured then have DaSilva ever put on a Generals jersey. He's been terrible every where he has been in the OHL, and he's been terrible in Junior B. Picking up Samuel Tanguay from Sudbury would be an ideal move for me. Here's why, he's a 95 with starting experience and has the ability to steal games, although he's not a starter in my opinion, he's a quality backup. He would return next year and would provide some shelter for Brodeur as he's giving Timpano now in Sudbury. He's a cheap option, I feel you could get him and Desrochers for Templeton and a 6th.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:41 am

Macker, when I referred to picking up someone like those pickups from a year ago, for "a lesser price". I was thinking a 3rd or 4th compared to the 2nd last year.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2