Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petschenig's Hit

+8
Macker88
Gens Camper
KHE
jalobo71
steamed
mygens
oshgens2k2
Tuckerfan1
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Petschenig's Hit - Page 2 Empty Re: Petschenig's Hit

Post by Tuckerfan1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:33 pm

steamed wrote:
Tuckerfan1 wrote:Brian McNair saying 8 games....

and you didn't believe me Rolling Eyes

lol looks like we both posted right when it broke. I didn't even notice your post after mine was sent.

London fans are saying Marner will likely miss 2-4 games
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Number of posts : 59
Seat Section : 101
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Evil or Very Mad where in the hell do these numbers come from and can the player and team appeal the suspension.

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:18 pm

8 games... Wow. I saw this earlier and couldn't even bring myself to comment. Just an absolute joke. Was it some what of a dangerous play, sure.. was the nudge necessary.. no. But common 8 games.. I can see you making a point for 2,3 even 4.. but 8 games is nearly a month of action. Branch thinks his Iron Fist type of suspensions make a difference. 1. they don't as players are continually getting suspended night in an night out. 2. Junior hockey is becoming a no hit, no fight, no entertainment game. You literally cannot touch a player without some sort of discipline. I'm all for skill, but there was skill in the 90's even the early 00's before these rules came into play.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Aside from the suspensions to Betzold and Marchment, the league has handed out a total of 6 suspensions that have been 8 games or more. The Gens claim 2 of them. We've been getting punked pretty bad this season in that regard. Im sure Petschenig wasn't the first player to hit someone from behind this season.
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Number of posts : 59
Seat Section : 101
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:38 pm

The numbers come from the czar , if is cranky that day , or hungry , look out , there is no real rational , and nobody to appeal to , the czar rules

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by nerfherder Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:52 pm

He always sticks a few extra games to any Oshawa player and has for years. As soon as it happened i said well he's gone for 8 to 10.  Marner hit a player from behind a couple weeks ago. Was given 5 and a game .....no further discipline. All the London fans said it was a shove and player lost balance. This in my mind is the same thing. But we all knew this was happening. Play thru the adversity and stick a championship right up Branches ass. That is the only way to beat him.

Last edited by nerfherder on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)

nerfherder

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:56 pm

i've only been around for 4 seasons now and i can see why you long term Gens fans get frustrated with this person. i'm with you on this one nerfherder win the whole damn thing and have him hand the trophies to the captain and we can all smile. Very Happy

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:45 pm

check out the head check by Chapman of sarnia and against Ottawa player , a nasty clear intentional hit to the head , that could have taken the guys head off ……12 games

Petshenig gets 8 games for his unintentional nudge that hurt Marner ………should have gotten 2 ………CHapman should have gotten 20

when is the league going to get this right , the discrepancies in these suspensions and inconsistencies are brutal .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:57 pm

Going off Branches suspensions and comparing Petschenig's and Cassels earlier in the season Chapman should of got 20.

But in saying that, look he intentionally stuck his elbow out, know doubt about it, but watch the full play if you can find it, Chapman got beat, he was the only guy between the 67's player and the net, he stuck his elbow out to try an get a piece of the 67's player to not let him go in all alone on goal. It wasn't an attempt to injure him, it wasn't malicious. It was a hit to the heat, it was intentional, but you have to believe when accessing the suspension you have to watch the full play. When you see a guy charge from 20 feet away, elbows up, jumps into the guy.. that's a clear attempt to injure. But I mean at full speed the hit looks really dirty so I can see why he got 12 an probably should of got more. Just being a former player, the game moves so fast, it only take a split second to realize you beat. An you stick knee's, leg's, stick's, elbow's out.. anything to get a piece of the guy.. you really have no intent to injure.

One final point, why is the player being vulnerable part of the suspension. Again as a former player, your taught not to put yourself in vulnerable positions, I was always told don't turn my back to the boards when taking a hit... it's all kids do these days, then there shields smash against the glass, which cuts them then the guy hitting him gets 5 and a game, plus a suspension. This vulnerable position stuff is complete BS.

This may be a bit off topic but look, last week against Peterborough, Smith went and fought Lizotte.. the player who put him out for a few weeks. Did we all notice once that happened the issue was put to rest..no chippy play, no guys running Lizotte. The players policed themselves. Pancel and Mermis dropped the gloves, that was that. The Owen Sound game where Cassels got suspended, the Refs where awful, if they had allowed the players to police the game themselves, I honestly belief the game wouldn't have been as chippy and Cassels probably would have never been suspended.

I know some, maybe most won't agree with some of what I said here, an yes I do have the Old school hockey mentality, but seriously the game is becoming a no hit, no physicality, no fight league. I love skill to, don't get me wrong, but part of hockey's appeal since day one has been the physicality mixed with the skill. I was born in the late 80's but watching the Bruins and Canadiens from the 70's are some of the best hockey games I've ever seen. Players need to get it out of there head that if this guy hits me its 5 an a game ill turn my back.. because soon someone is going to do that an break their neck.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Petschenig's Hit - Page 2 Empty The Hit and Suspension

Post by Gens Camper Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:26 pm

I may not like the 8 games BUT common get over it

It is like this - any hit close to or near the boards is over 5 games not matter what team it is

We have the # 1 team and some of you are still not happy - I did not like the x check - that resulted in an awkward hit and injury

If someone x checked Dal Colle liked that - you guys would be crying for 20 games

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:43 pm

well Gens Camper , you seem perfectly indoctrinated by Branch , where you really believe any hit by the boards where a player goes down is automatic more that 5 games

well many of us disagree , its hockey, not every crunch , or player losing an edge and gets hit , should be met with an automatic suspension , its ludicrous , this is hockey !

everytime a players gets hit by the boards I cringe because I know the ref is looking to be a hero in Branches eye , and throw another guy out . Its the leagues attempt to be politically correct in the eyes of people who not only likely never played the game or even been that interested to watch it , its totally hypocritical , its ok for boxers to hammer the shit out each other for 15 rounds though !!!!!!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:46 pm

get rid of the instigator penalty and misconducts and suspensions for fighting and i bet we would have much less cross checking guys from behind by the boards and concussions …….no doubt in my mind

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by kvj Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:04 am

chapman was also a repeat offender. so his suspension would have been less if this would have been his first offence. which makes Wills' suspension look even more harsh.

kvj

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum