Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petschenig Hit (OHL) Vs Petrovic Hit (NHL)

+2
hockeybeats
Macker88
6 posters

Go down

Petschenig Hit (OHL) Vs Petrovic Hit (NHL) Empty Petschenig Hit (OHL) Vs Petrovic Hit (NHL)

Post by Macker88 Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:11 pm

Just wanted to point something out here,

Alex Petrovic gets 0 games for blatantly cross-checking Patrick Kane from behind into the boards, resulting in Kane being out 6-10 Weeks.
Will Petschenig, very similar play except his cross-check on Marner was in front of the net, Marner loses an edge an flies into the boards. Similar situations, not exactly the same.. but close. The NHL gives Petrovic, who plays a similar role with the Panthers as Will does with the Gens, zero games. Marner is a star in the O as Kane is in the NHL.. Petschenig gets 10 games I believe it was.

Something needs to change. We the fans, need to put together some sort of petition or something to get Branch out of office. He's ruining the OHL day by day. Now its not just this one instance, but the rules he's instituted have made the game more dangerous in my opinion. The whole 10 fights an your suspended thing, has made games more chippy, tons more stick work, little rats (Gustavsen from Belleville) run around all game an take cheap shots. The head hits and "vulnerable" position hits an the penalty's that come from them, have almost made players purposely put themselves in bad situations, ducking hits, turning their back and so on. Watch an OHL game today and from even just the 2005-2006 season, you don't see players putting themselves in these positions, you had tough guys protecting stars, suspensions where down, injuries where down, the hockey was better. The game was still fast paced and high scoring.

Yeah I'm a fan of rough hockey, but I don't want people getting hurt. Although I don't want to watch a 60 minute game of guys chirping, hacking one another and it to become a circus instead of a hockey game. Staged fighting, yes it has a circus like atmosphere to it, but lots of the time it has a point to it. Maybe give staged Fights a 5 and 10.

Another point on fighting, A little over a month ago Cameron Liztotte leveled Hunter Smith. The next game Lizotte answered the bell, fought Smith and the game went on with little chippy play.. an that was a Petes/Gens game. Last weekend Crouse wouldn't oblige to a fight.. and all game the Gens where taking cheap shots at him and as a Gens fan, they should have been penalized numerous times. They got away from playing hockey and they lost. Hey good on Crouse in the sense the Fronts won the game, as he got player off their game. But my point is we should of seen Josh Brown, McCarron and Smith all playing hockey, skilled, physical hockey rather then worrying about giving Crouse a shot everytime he was on the ice. one fighr an the issue is solved.

Branch is about 3 seasons away from completely ruining the OHL. What idiotic rule is next.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Petschenig Hit (OHL) Vs Petrovic Hit (NHL) Empty Re: Petschenig Hit (OHL) Vs Petrovic Hit (NHL)

Post by hockeybeats Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:59 am

Three points:

1. While I didn't see the Petrovic hit, if it's exactly the same as you mention, one can argue that Petrovic should have got 10 games as well. Why do we default to zero for equivalent hits?

2. If one league is stricter on enforcement, I'd rather it be the one dealing with kids than adults (yes, they are big boys but they are as young as 16 and sometimes 15).

3. The OHL game has never been more popular than it is now. If the game is being ruined, there are no stats to justify that people aren't enjoying the games. While some people always grumble about the good old days, I have a hard time believing that more and more people would be coming out to watch a game that was more and more boring. I'd much rather watch today's game than the clutch-and-grab fiasco of the pre-lockout era.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Petschenig Hit (OHL) Vs Petrovic Hit (NHL) Empty Branch out - not sure - why ?

Post by Gens Camper Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:26 pm

To start with if I remember right Will did not get 10 games - was it not 8 games

Do you not think it is the O H L  board of governors or O H L owners who approve or pay the commissioner (Branch)

I do not always agree with some of the calls - nothing would change if he was replaced

More fans have attended the G M C in the last 3 years than ever  - and we play a better , faster brand of hockey than ever and do not
want to go back to the clutch and grab style of 15 yrs ago

When players play on the EDGE sometimes you get burned and go over the edge and you must live with it

We must move forward and cannot compare any 2 hits - it's all subjective - and MOST of u would think differently if it was your kid on the ice - The hard part to judge is intent.

Get out and support our GENS don't stay home and be childish because U don't like Branch - If a superstar hits .400 in baseball or
4 out of 10 hits - misses on 60 % We think he is a SUPERSTAR

Well no one is perfect - if Branch gets - 40 - 50 % right  - Bit better than the Superstar - I would think he is hitting over that
It is a tough job - than you would not want

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Petschenig Hit (OHL) Vs Petrovic Hit (NHL) Empty Re: Petschenig Hit (OHL) Vs Petrovic Hit (NHL)

Post by mygens Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Hunter Smith gets 3 games for a solid body check , not dirty and nowhere near the head , another pathetic call by the new OHL !!!!

Total BS

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by HackNSlash Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:41 pm

Absolutely ridiculous. The penalty was not correct and this suspension is ludicrous. It was not a hit to the head. Smith hit Caron so hard his head hit the glass. The referee called the penalty late after seeing Caron's helmet lifted off his head. Basically Hunter was suspended for hitting him too hard.

The prior night, Michael McLeod blindside hits Michael Turner in the head...no suspension. What a joke.

HackNSlash

Number of posts : 4
Seat Section : Section 115
Registration date : 2015-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:08 pm

There is a history here. Last Gens game in Kingston my son and I watched Caron try to fight Hunter Smith in the warmup. Caron gets nothing. We also saw Lawson Crouse's cheap shot on Josh Brown. This is not the time of year for suspensions. Has this cost the Gens first place?

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:50 pm

we have been getting screwed by the league all year , suspensions have cost us first place overall in the long run !

but lately it seems we are the only ones who are aware of the battle for first with the SOO , the team , players and coach don't seem to be that motivated , the players effort has not been there , loses to belleville , kingston ottawa as a result of half ass effort has cost us first place

well in the end the players will pay for it !

we better hope Erie knocks off the SOO .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Petschenig Hit (OHL) Vs Petrovic Hit (NHL) Empty Suspensions cost us what are u kidding

Post by Gens Camper Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:36 pm

What cost us first place is the lack of commitment - We have lost 3 games in the last week vs teams in our own division

Ottawa - Belleville - Kingston - we gave away what 5 points out of 6

Don't put the blame any where but the players

I do remember when Cassels was out for 10 games - I think we only lost 1 game beat Erie twice

We struggle in our own division - # 1 team in Canada but not our division

The playoffs - who knows what team will show up - puzzles me

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down