Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overagers next year?

+13
Gennies22
Oshawa fan
Gens Camper
core33
the croc
GeneralBono
steamed
runner
darmitage
Tuckerfan1
Macker88
jaycro
Gensfan1990
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Overagers next year? Empty Overagers next year?

Post by Gensfan1990 Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:00 am

What are your thoughts on OA's next year. Here is what I've heard/my predictions.

Appleby: will be back until deadline. DJ will ride him out to get in a playoff spot then will trade him to a contender. Possible spots: London, kitchener, kingston

Pedersen: if unsigned I think he will be gone. Traded away for picks. My guess would be Owen sound close to home.

Mistele: I think he will sign with LA. LA has a very deep system, I think he will be back. Same situation as Appleby I think he will play here for half season if not all. Nice to have a hometown kid on the team. If traded, possible destinations: north bay, Hamilton, kingston will all need scoring

Hertzberg: I think he will be gone. No sense to use oa and euro spot on a 7th damn.

Wallace: this guy is one of my favorites. I think he should be back and part if the rebuild. Yes he is not most skilled but his work ethic is unbelievable. He works hard and is a good teammate on and off ice. Good leader for a young team. Deserves to be a leader.

Latour: I don't mind him. He is nowhere close to my top 3. Yes he works hard. Is undersized and looks scared out there. Believe he is one of coaches favourites since he was on the Cassels line. My opinion is trade him back home to barrie. He can be a good 3rd line winger on a good team.

Hunter smith: I believe he will sign. If not he will be traded for picks. My prediction: to Windsor for picks

Petschenig: the Gens have 6 young D. I believe he will be traded to a contender. He can do exactly what mermis did here. Shut down other teams best players. DJ does like his older d but I believe he has lots of value. My prediction is he is traded to London or kitchener for a young forward and picks

Cassels: should move onto pro. Don't expect back.

Mccaron: same as Cassels

Gensfan1990

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-05-03

Back to top Go down

Overagers next year? Empty Re: Overagers next year?

Post by jaycro Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:28 am

A very nice synopsis, Gensfran1990. Dead on! I agree with every one of your points. Well done!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:08 pm

Here are my thoughts,

Appleby - Kenny was fantastic all season for the Generals, he's earned himself an NHL contract, if he signs one don't expect him back. He led or was in the top three of every goaltending category, he should have won Memorial Cup MVP. Appleby struggles with rebound control at times, can fight the puck at time becoming more of a puck blocker, then stopper, based on his size. If Appleby returns expect him to be moved quick as the Generals are rebuilding and its in the best interest of development to move Kenny sooner rather then later, to get the young goalies action.
Landing Spots - Mississauga, they have issues in goal, love going with an OA in net, and will have some forward depth they can move. Kitchener looks to have a strong core next year, however its looking like goaltending will be an issue again. Finally Sarnia, the Sting are making some big moves, have a great young core, however they need a goalie, Appleby makes tons of sense.

Pedersen - The deadline has past for NHL picks to sign, so Pedersen will re-enter the draft. He likely won't be selected, but will in all likelihood get brought into NHL camps. Pedersen plays a gritty game with some offensive upside, he's the type of player who can excel in a top 6 roll as an OA, maximize his value throughout the season, move him at the deadline.
Landing Spots -[b] If North Bay contends, his a Stan Butler type player you can bet North Bay will be in on him. Given Pedersen's versatility and track record he essentially makes for a lot of contending teams.

Mistele - Mistele has nothing left to prove at the OHL level, while the Kings have a strong forward core and the Monarchs are in the AHL final, Mistele is something the Monarchs don't have, a pure goal scorer. He can find a role in Manchester next season, if Justin Auger made the jump after last season Matt Mistele will make the jump this season. While his skating needs some development, he's reached his developmental top in the OHL. Splitting next season between the ECHL and AHL will likely be best for his development.

Hertzberg - He'll be gone, he didn't play much as a 19 year old this year. In all fairness Sonny is a capable OHL defender, and was this year. He stood out at the WJC, but it makes little to know sense to bring back an Import OA unless he's crazy impactful, an Sonny just isn't of that variety.

Wallace - If DJ Smith is back Wallace will be back. He's a favorite of his, he's got a compete level and a tenaciousness like few in the OHL. Even if DJ isn't back the incoming coach would be wise to keep Wallace around, as his work ethic is contagious and that is trait you want in your OA's with a young rebuilding squad. Plus Wallace has deceptive offensive ability, not top line by any means but he could put up decent numbers in a bigger role.

Latour - Latour is undrafted and unsigned so we should expect him back. He will likely get looks in NHL camps as a free agent, but will see Latour back in Oshawa. Latour is strong on the forecheck, has some finishing ability, and deceptive playmaking ability. The problem with Latour is he struggles to create his own offence. He's a complementary player, and thats not a slight on him, you need guys like that on championship teams. But next season for him an step up to be the guy would be a bit much. Personally I like Latour and would welcome him back. But I believe his trade value would be at its highest heading into the season.
[b]Landing Spots -
Ottawa makes some sense here, he could play his complementary role there again, while balancing out the 67's top six. Ottawa and Niagara look to be in contention for the East next season, those are two spots that make sense to me

Hunter Smith - Hunter is in a unique position. He's 6'7, physically mature, NHL ready body.. but his skills could use more development. His skating has gone from terrible to good enough for pro (as I'll put it), hands have improved, hockey IQ keeps going up, and he shows a willingness to play physically. Which not all big guys do. He'll turn pro, but my worry is he goes down to Calgary's farm club, they have a strong core of skilled prospects in the top 6 at the AHL level. Meaning he'll play in a bottom six role, where he'll have to fight and crash an bang. No biggie he does that right .. well as I said my fear is he simply becomes another enforcer, when he could be so much more if developed properly. Like Mistele Smith actually would benefit from splitting time in the AHL and ECHL.. where he can play a top six roll in the ECHL an learn the pro game.

Petschenig - Will is a heart and soul guy, he's a life time General, he will be back, he deserves it. The Generals will need a veteran on the back end, Will has captain like capabilities, while he's no Josh Brown on the ice, he's an effective minute eating defender, and a leader and he'll be back. Likely will be asked if he wants to move before an deal is done.

Cassels - Gone... he could probably play in the NHL next season and not look out of place in a bottom six role. However a year or two in the AHL will be great for Cole, before he makes the jump.

McCarron - He'll be in the AHL, a first rounder of the Canadiens.. he's moving on to pro. McCarron struggled in his transition to the OHL, it would't surprise me to see him struggle a bit in the AHL early on, however brief stints in the ECHL wont be an indication of him possibly returning to the OHL.

**Dal Colle - With the NY Islanders taking a new approach to prospects an slowly developing them, you can expect Dal Colle to be in the position of Max Domi this past season, proved himself at the OHL level, should be in the AHL, but not eligible. Dal Colle will probably be around until the WJC before moving to London.

Michael Turner is also a 95 and could possibly return as an Overage, however I feel it highly unlikely as he had trouble getting into the line up this season and with Latour, Petschenig and Pedersen likely occupying O/A spots...there simply is no room. Turner may latch on with a struggling OHL club with room for an OA.. similar to a Sudbury situation last year.. but the best bet is you see him head home or to the USHL.

Lindberg - To the best of my knowledge he was not signed by the Senators prior to the deadline, however after his performance at the Memorial Cup and throughout the OHL playoffs he should be signed by an NHL club. He added some heaviness to his game, became more reliable defensively and in all honesty I believe he will be impactful in the pro game. He's gone.. if not to the AHL the Swedish Elite League.

It's a harsh reality Gens fans but after winning a Memorial Cup this is often the result. I can take a year of struggles after that wonderful season.

Macker88

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2012-11-16

http://everythingsports88.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Macker88 wrote: Lindberg - To the best of my knowledge he was not signed by the Senators prior to the deadline, however after his performance at the Memorial Cup and throughout the OHL playoffs he should be signed by an NHL club. He added some heaviness to his game, became more reliable defensively and in all honesty I believe he will be impactful in the pro game. He's gone.. if not to the AHL the Swedish Elite League.

It's a harsh reality Gens fans but after winning a Memorial Cup this is often the result. I can take a year of struggles after that wonderful season.[/b][/b]

I thought there was something about Lindberg being a euro prospect, that the Sens are still able to sign him? The Sens SB Nation blog posted and article today saying that they expect Lindberg to be with Binghamton next season.

http://www.silversevensens.com/2015/6/3/8695891/tobias-lindberg-likely-making-the-jump-to-binghamton-in-2015-16

Edit* NHL CBA
8 8.6(d) Players Drafted from a Club Outside North America.
(i) Notwithstanding any provision of Sections 8.6(a) or (b) to the contrary, if
a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is drafted from a club outside North
America, his drafting Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation
for his services through and including the fourth June 1 following his
selection in the Entry Draft. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to
such Player to retain such rights.
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Number of posts : 59
Seat Section : 101
Registration date : 2014-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Yeah it's confusing how it all works, different rules for Euro's and they get even more complex when you have a Euro who plays in the CHL. Hopefully the Sens get him signed, he deserves to be signed, proved it all year and only got stronger as the season went on. If he goes unsigned, he will be picked up by another NHL club.

I guess with that all being said, Lindberg won't be back next season due to all the options he has.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by darmitage Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:24 am

Macker88 wrote:Here are my thoughts,

Appleby - Kenny was fantastic all season for the Generals, he's earned himself an NHL contract, if he signs one don't expect him back. He led or was in the top three of every goaltending category, he should have won Memorial Cup MVP. Appleby struggles with rebound control at times, can fight the puck at time becoming more of a puck blocker, then stopper, based on his size. If Appleby returns expect him to be moved quick as the Generals are rebuilding and its in the best interest of development to move Kenny sooner rather then later, to get the young goalies action.
Landing Spots - Mississauga, they have issues in goal, love going with an OA in net, and will have some forward depth they can move. Kitchener looks to have a strong core next year, however its looking like goaltending will be an issue again. Finally Sarnia, the Sting are making some big moves, have a great young core, however they need a goalie, Appleby makes tons of sense.

Pedersen - The deadline has past for NHL picks to sign, so Pedersen will re-enter the draft. He likely won't be selected, but will in all likelihood get brought into NHL camps. Pedersen plays a gritty game with some offensive upside, he's the type of player who can excel in a top 6 roll as an OA, maximize his value throughout the season, move him at the deadline.
Landing Spots - If North Bay contends, his a Stan Butler type player you can bet North Bay will be in on him. Given Pedersen's versatility and track record he essentially makes for a lot of contending teams.

Mistele - Mistele has nothing left to prove at the OHL level, while the Kings have a strong forward core and the Monarchs are in the AHL final, Mistele is something the Monarchs don't have, a pure goal scorer. He can find a role in Manchester next season, if Justin Auger made the jump after last season Matt Mistele will make the jump this season. While his skating needs some development, he's reached his developmental top in the OHL. Splitting next season between the ECHL and AHL will likely be best for his development.

Hertzberg - He'll be gone, he didn't play much as a 19 year old this year. In all fairness Sonny is a capable OHL defender, and was this year. He stood out at the WJC, but it makes little to know sense to bring back an Import OA unless he's crazy impactful, an Sonny just isn't of that variety.

Wallace - If DJ Smith is back Wallace will be back. He's a favorite of his, he's got a compete level and a tenaciousness like few in the OHL. Even if DJ isn't back the incoming coach would be wise to keep Wallace around, as his work ethic is contagious and that is trait you want in your OA's with a young rebuilding squad. Plus Wallace has deceptive offensive ability, not top line by any means but he could put up decent numbers in a bigger role.

Latour - Latour is undrafted and unsigned so we should expect him back. He will likely get looks in NHL camps as a free agent, but will see Latour back in Oshawa. Latour is strong on the forecheck, has some finishing ability, and deceptive playmaking ability. The problem with Latour is he struggles to create his own offence. He's a complementary player, and thats not a slight on him, you need guys like that on championship teams. But next season for him an step up to be the guy would be a bit much. Personally I like Latour and would welcome him back. But I believe his trade value would be at its highest heading into the season.
[b]Landing Spots -
Ottawa makes some sense here, he could play his complementary role there again, while balancing out the 67's top six. Ottawa and Niagara look to be in contention for the East next season, those are two spots that make sense to me

Hunter Smith - Hunter is in a unique position. He's 6'7, physically mature, NHL ready body.. but his skills could use more development. His skating has gone from terrible to good enough for pro (as I'll put it), hands have improved, hockey IQ keeps going up, and he shows a willingness to play physically. Which not all big guys do. He'll turn pro, but my worry is he goes down to Calgary's farm club, they have a strong core of skilled prospects in the top 6 at the AHL level. Meaning he'll play in a bottom six role, where he'll have to fight and crash an bang. No biggie he does that right .. well as I said my fear is he simply becomes another enforcer, when he could be so much more if developed properly. Like Mistele Smith actually would benefit from splitting time in the AHL and ECHL.. where he can play a top six roll in the ECHL an learn the pro game.

Petschenig - Will is a heart and soul guy, he's a life time General, he will be back, he deserves it. The Generals will need a veteran on the back end, Will has captain like capabilities, while he's no Josh Brown on the ice, he's an effective minute eating defender, and a leader and he'll be back. Likely will be asked if he wants to move before an deal is done.

Cassels - Gone... he could probably play in the NHL next season and not look out of place in a bottom six role. However a year or two in the AHL will be great for Cole, before he makes the jump.

McCarron - He'll be in the AHL, a first rounder of the Canadiens.. he's moving on to pro. McCarron struggled in his transition to the OHL, it would't surprise me to see him struggle a bit in the AHL early on, however brief stints in the ECHL wont be an indication of him possibly returning to the OHL.

**Dal Colle - With the NY Islanders taking a new approach to prospects an slowly developing them, you can expect Dal Colle to be in the position of Max Domi this past season, proved himself at the OHL level, should be in the AHL, but not eligible. Dal Colle will probably be around until the WJC before moving to London.

Michael Turner is also a 95 and could possibly return as an Overage, however I feel it highly unlikely as he had trouble getting into the line up this season and with Latour, Petschenig and Pedersen likely occupying O/A spots...there simply is no room. Turner may latch on with a struggling OHL club with room for an OA.. similar to a Sudbury situation last year.. but the best bet is you see him head home or to the USHL.

Lindberg - To the best of my knowledge he was not signed by the Senators prior to the deadline, however after his performance at the Memorial Cup and throughout the OHL playoffs he should be signed by an NHL club. He added some heaviness to his game, became more reliable defensively and in all honesty I believe he will be impactful in the pro game. He's gone.. if not to the AHL the Swedish Elite League.

It's a harsh reality Gens fans but after winning a Memorial Cup this is often the result. I can take a year of struggles after that wonderful season.
[/b]

I thought all born in 1995 players can,t come back? that's what I understood
darmitage
darmitage

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by runner Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:42 am

No Darmitage you are mistaken. Each team can have 4 overagers at beginning of the year and three after the trade deadline (i think thats the cut off date). An overager is a player who turns 20 in the year the season begins. Josh Brown was born in 1994 and turned 20 in the year this past season began. He actually turned 21 in January 2015.

So the Gens (and all other teams) can have players born in 1995 on their roster for the 2015/16 season

runner

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2007-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by darmitage Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:11 am

runner wrote:No Darmitage you are mistaken. Each team can have 4 overagers at beginning of the year and three after the trade deadline (i think thats the cut off date).  An overager is a player who turns 20 in the year the season begins. Josh Brown was born in 1994 and turned 20 in the year this past season began. He actually turned 21 in January 2015.

So the Gens (and all other teams) can have players born in 1995 on their roster for the 2015/16 season

just wasn,t sure how the rules worked for overage players, thanks
darmitage
darmitage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Macker88 wrote:Yeah it's confusing how it all works, different rules for Euro's and they get even more complex when you have a Euro who plays in the CHL. Hopefully the Sens get him signed, he deserves to be signed, proved it all year and only got stronger as the season went on. If he goes unsigned, he will be picked up by another NHL club.

I guess with that all being said, Lindberg won't be back next season due to all the options he has.

He's not an OA next year, but if we're looking at next years lines I figured I would ask. The gens quietly signed one of their 2013 picks Jalen Smereck, during the Niagara series. Should we expect him to come over and take one of the 4 open D spots?
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:35 pm

Tuckerfan1 wrote:
Macker88 wrote:Yeah it's confusing how it all works, different rules for Euro's and they get even more complex when you have a Euro who plays in the CHL. Hopefully the Sens get him signed, he deserves to be signed, proved it all year and only got stronger as the season went on. If he goes unsigned, he will be picked up by another NHL club.

He's not an OA next year, but if we're looking at next years lines I figured I would ask. The gens quietly signed one of their 2013 picks Jalen Smereck, during the Niagara series. Should we expect him to come over and take one of the 4 open D spots?

If you are talking about Tobias Lindberg he is a '95 birth date so that makes him a OA next season
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerfan1 Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:47 pm

steamed wrote:
Tuckerfan1 wrote:

If you are talking about Tobias Lindberg he is a '95  birth date so that makes him a OA next season

Whoops, no I meant that in regards to Smereck who's a 97
Tuckerfan1
Tuckerfan1

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralBono Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Darmitage why do you run your mouth here and other boards (HFboard) claiming to be the know all of Oshawa Generals hockey when you are nothing but negative and if you did know everything about the Generals and OHL you would have known how the overage rule worked. So bash me like you do everyone else that questions your credibility be WE are Memorial Cup Champs and none of your sour grapes can take that away from the TRUE OSHAWA GENERALS FANS.
GeneralBono
GeneralBono

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:40 pm

I am confused as well but you have cleared up the overage question. By the way you can send some of those great gens to Kingston as the boys know how to win. My question: If a boy/man is 20/overager he doesn't have to return to junior. If he is 19 or younger, he can only play NHL or junior. Right? The croc

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralBono Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:01 pm

Croc hope this clarifies things for you

Qualifications for 2015-2016 season

Birthday's Jan 1 1995 - Dec 31 1995: Each OHL Team can carry a Max of 4 on their roster but only dress 3 unless 1 is a goalie until the OHL trade deadline then all OHL teams must cut that number down to 3 95 birthdays on their roster. A player born in 1995 can play in any professional league (NHL, AHL, ECHL ect) or Junior League.

Birthday's Jan 1 1996 - Dec 31 1996: OHL teams can have as many 96 birthdays on their roster as they want. A player born in 1996 can play ONLY play for the NHL team that drafts him or back to their junior team, 96 birthdays can not play in any other professional league (unless European player) until their junior team has been eliminated from play.

Birthday's Jan 1 1997 - Sep 15 1997: OHL teams can have as many 97 birthdays on their roster as they want. A player born between Jan 1 1997 - Sep 15 1997 can play ONLY play for the NHL team that drafts him or back to their junior team, these players can not play in any other professional league until their junior team has been eliminated from play.

Birthday's Sep 16 1997 - Dec 31 1997: OHL teams can have as many 97 birthdays on their roster as they want. A player born between Sep 16 1997 - Dec 31 1997 can play ONLY play for their Junior team as they are not NHL Eligible until the 2016 NHL Entry Draft.

Birthday's Jan 1 1998 - Sep 15 1998: OHL teams can have as many 98 birthdays on their roster as they want. A player born between Jan 1 1998 - Sep 15 1998 can play ONLY play for their Junior team as they are not NHL Eligible until the 2016 NHL Entry Draft.

Birthday's Sep 16 1998 - Dec 31 1998: OHL teams can have as many 98 birthdays on their roster as they want. A player born between Sep 16 1998 - Dec 31 1998 can play ONLY play for their Junior team as they are not NHL Eligible until the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.

Birthday's Jan 1 1999 - Dec 31 1999: Each OHL Team can carry a Max of 3 on their roster. A player born in 1999 can play in the OHL or their midget teams. A 99 player can be called up for a maximum of 10 games during the year until their midget team have been eliminated.
GeneralBono
GeneralBono

Back to top Go down

Post by darmitage Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:30 am

GeneralBono wrote:Darmitage why do you run your mouth here and other boards (HFboard) claiming to be the know all of Oshawa Generals hockey when you are nothing but negative and if you did know everything about the Generals and OHL you would have known how the overage rule worked. So bash me like you do everyone else that questions your credibility be WE are Memorial Cup Champs and none of your sour grapes can take that away from the TRUE OSHAWA GENERALS FANS.

no one is running there mouth off but you right now and I was a Generals fan long before probably you were on planet earth and I just didn,t understand the overage ruling okay so maybe you should just simply grow up be happy Generals just won the Memorial Cup okay you are just simply taking things wrong way okay
darmitage
darmitage

Back to top Go down

Post by GeneralBono Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:20 am

darmitage wrote:
GeneralBono wrote:Darmitage why do you run your mouth here and other boards (HFboard) claiming to be the know all of Oshawa Generals hockey when you are nothing but negative and if you did know everything about the Generals and OHL you would have known how the overage rule worked. So bash me like you do everyone else that questions your credibility be WE are Memorial Cup Champs and none of your sour grapes can take that away from the TRUE OSHAWA GENERALS FANS.

no one is running there mouth off but you right now and I was a Generals fan long before probably you were on planet earth and I just didn,t understand the overage ruling okay so maybe you should just simply grow up be happy Generals just won the Memorial Cup okay you are just simply taking things wrong way okay

Ya I find it VERY hard to believe that you have been a fan longer then i have been born better yet even being a fan longer then me but you keep trying to tel your self that Super Fan
GeneralBono
GeneralBono

Back to top Go down

Post by core33 Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:15 pm

The overage age rule has been the same for at least 25 years now if not longer. Its all based on yob.

core33

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Overagers next year? Empty Over Agers

Post by Gens Camper Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:11 am

Ken Appleby will go down as the best goalie the GENS have ever had - he will not be back next - as a free agent - 2 many teams are looking for goaltending help - Maybe he will end up in Edmonton and be friends with Connor - why not ? It costs very little

What I would like is Will Petsching - Wallace and Bradley Latour - they may not be the most skilled BUT they have the HEART of a

General to be an example for our next group of Gennies

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Gens Camper wrote:Ken Appleby will go down as the best goalie the GENS have ever had

While Appleby was key to the Memorial Cup I would not say was the best. One of the best would be correct. Ian Young was an incredible goaltender who had his career ended when he was hit in the eye by a puck during a game at the Civic. Kirk McLean, Rick St. Croix, Mike Fountain among others would also get a mention. I am not taking anything away from Appleby. I hope he will be back but I doubt it.

There certainly will be some opportunities for trades for the rights to OA player so Roger Hunt will have his work cur out for him.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gennies22 Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:19 pm

Appleby will probably get drafted this year but won't be in the AHL next year, more than likely back as an OA. Latour is already gone to Windsor as part of that trade this year. Wallace will be a candidate as an OA, along with Mistele, he's not AHL ready, maybe in the ECHL & will be up to the Kings to decide which is better ECHL or as OA in the OHL. Petschnig will be traded to Saginaw to recoup some of the draft picks traded away this year.

Gennies22

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:01 pm

What trade with Windsor was Latour part of? Unless it's for the return of "placeholder draft picks" the Gens owe them nada as I think they overpaid in that one already unless Chase Pearson is a no show in Windsor which is how it currently looks. Can you clarify?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:40 am

Gennies22 wrote:Appleby will probably get drafted this year but won't be in the AHL next year, more than likely back as an OA. Latour is already gone to Windsor as part of that trade this year. Wallace will be a candidate as an OA, along with Mistele, he's not AHL ready, maybe in the ECHL & will be up to the Kings to decide which is better ECHL or as OA in the OHL. Petschnig will be traded to Saginaw to recoup some of the draft picks traded away this year.  

Where did you hear this ? as this was the trade made with Windsor, Oshawa sends Chase Pearson, 2nd rd '21 a 3rd rd '18 and Oshawa gets Ryan Moore & Gue's 4th rd '15. And maybe it's a trade that does send Bradley to Windsor and the Gen's get 1 of there Draft picks back that was in that deal
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:35 pm

Those are some fairly bold predictions.. Petschenig to Saginaw ? Latour to Windsor..

I don't understand why everyone seems to think Mistele will be back, the kids got nothing left to prove at the OHL level. His skating isn't the best, but he's not going to develop it any further playing an OA year. If anything Mistele will regress if he's brought back. He's in Brady Vail territory, nothing left to prove in the OHL, but probably not exactly AHL ready. He'll start with Ontario in the ECHL and move up quickly to Manchester.

Appleby might be back in the OHL, but he won't be a General. It makes absolutely zero sense for a rebuilding club with a depleted draft pick cupboard to keep an O/A goaltender. You need to give Brodeur games and recover picks. If he's back it will be a short stay.

I've heard absolutely zero about Latour, as the Generals already grossly overpaid in the trade with Windsor. There was no conditional picks moved in the deal, so Latour will be back. However he will in all likelihood be moved at some point.

Petschenig won't go anywhere until the deadline and even then he probably won't leave.

Wallace, Petschenig and Pedersen will be the O/A's.

Pedersen over Latour simply because Latour's value right now is higher then Pedersen's after a playoff where he didn't produce offensively. Pedersen will benefit from top line minutes, get his point totals up again and then be sought after at the deadline. Win/Win for the Gennies.

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Appleby will definitely start the season with the gens.......I'm not sold on the fact he might be gone by the trade deadline.....depends on a few factors.

I don't there is a fire sale going on as I believe we'll be fine next year
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Macker88 Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:03 pm

The Gens lose guaranteed five forwards that all played in their top 6 (McCarron, Mistele, Cassels, Lindberg and Smith) then they decide between Turner, Pedersen, Latour, Wallace, Petschenig and Hertzberg for the final three OA spots. Assuming Latour is moving.. six of their top seven players are gone. Turner likely gone as well from the forward core. Then you lose Mermis, Brown and Carlisle on the back end, your three best defenseman.

Why wouldn't you trade Appleby ? The Generals are rebuilding, why have Brodeur on the bench again all season. Why hang on to Appleby when his value is at its highest right now, especially when you have no picks and heading into a rebuild.

The Generals may be okay, as in they will probably still make the playoffs, but there not gonna be a contender. If there isn't a fire sale then this team will be in trouble moving forward as they have no picks of quality in the next 3 or 4 drafts.

Here's a look at your Generals lineup next season (on the assumption Dal Colle Returns to the OHL)

Dal Colle-Cirelli-Pedersen
Manchurek-Harding-Studnicka
Huether-Wallace-??
??-??-??

Vande Sompel-Petschenig
Desrocher-Templeton
Robertson-??

Brodeur
Devine

I'm a life long Gens fan, an could not be happier for their Mem Cup, but there not going to be an elite team next year, its time to trade the assets and build for another run, such is the cycle in Junior Hockey

Macker88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next