Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do we have a team?

Go down

Do we have a team? Empty Do we have a team?

Post by jaycro Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:54 am

Just looking at the current Gens roster as posted on their website, I counted 16 bodies. Add in the two acquisitions from Kitchener (Dzielski and Wilson) and you are up to 18 and add in 4 2009 draft choices and you are up to 22. Sounds good as teams usually carry 21 players. But, 2009 draftees have to be the first two selections plus two more. Biggs, our 2nd rounder apparently isn't reporting. Does that leave us with three, reducing the roster to 21? Then we have four potential overagers (including Dzielski and Hayes) if Parnham and Nagy show and I doubt the team will carry three? Also, there are two or three borderline players from last year (defencemen), not to mention names, who would be hardpressed to make a "re-building" team due to their ages and skill level and the fact the Gens have signed three 2009 defencemen who will have to play in addition to DeHaan, Valentine and Dehart, (except, if this isn't possible due to the "rookie rule" above). It looks to me as 3 or 4 players from past drafts might have to be on the team to bring it up to full complement! Insights or clarification, anyone?... Oh, forgot to include the two imports, if both can make the team! Might get that total up to 21 yet!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Do we have a team? Empty Free agents

Post by Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:21 pm

I think you are forgeting a few free agents that have Jr A experience all ready under their belt, I,m pretty sure they will make aqn impact.

We shall see on Thursday.:0

Back to top Go down