Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petes @ Gens August 30th Pre Season

+4
hockeybeats
southernfan
GENNY
archer_gens
8 posters

Go down

Petes @ Gens  August 30th  Pre Season Empty Petes @ Gens August 30th Pre Season

Post by archer_gens Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:07 pm

HOCKEY IS BACK!!!

what more is there to say

I was fairly impressed at the Red and White game as well as Fridays scrimages.... hoping Berger plays all season the way he's been playing throughout camp....

ya ya its only an exhibition game..... but its all about who has bragging rights come thursday when i go to the game in peterborough

Last edited by archer_gens on Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Petes @ Gens  August 30th  Pre Season Empty Re: Petes @ Gens August 30th Pre Season

Post by GENNY Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:35 pm

Twisted Evil Peterborough Twisted Evil

Hey beats. Any chance of hearing some KISS music tonight?
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Petes @ Gens  August 30th  Pre Season Empty Re: Petes @ Gens August 30th Pre Season

Post by southernfan Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:47 pm

Doe anyone know if the game will be broadcast on CKDO?

southernfan

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:48 pm

I didn't check the board before the game so I didn't see the KISS request. There was a few seconds of Rock n' Roll all Night though coincidently although it never reached the lyrics. How did things sound? It seemed some things weren't working right, it was a bit of an adventure. I guess like a car, the sound system sometimes acts up when it hasn't been used for a long time.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:29 pm

I definitely heard it. Thanks beats. I knew you would come through for me.
Great game tonight. I think the score would be more in favour of the Gens if it wasn't for that first Peterborough gooaltender.
Is it normal to get a misconduct after fighting?
GENNY
GENNY

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:43 pm

I think it's a rule in exhibition Genny that one fight you get tossed.
Stumpy sure scored a nice goal from a very weird position almost the red line at the side of the crease.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:45 pm

I think both teams' goaltending factored into the final score.......rough night for Shea.

A fighting major in an exhibition game is an ejection.

Music sounded good tonight, Beats. You had my daughter hoppin' all night.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:35 am

southernfan wrote:Doe anyone know if the game will be broadcast on CKDO?

The Generals' exhibition games are not broadcast on radio.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:36 am

hockeybeats wrote:I didn't check the board before the game so I didn't see the KISS request. There was a few seconds of Rock n' Roll all Night though coincidently although it never reached the lyrics. How did things sound? It seemed some things weren't working right, it was a bit of an adventure. I guess like a car, the sound system sometimes acts up when it hasn't been used for a long time.

The volume was inconsistent for most of the first period in section 120. But it was better as the game went on.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:28 am

It was a good game playey by the Gen's,some players really stood out,and some bought a ticket back home. the players that stood out for me were Zador,Berger,Stunad,Brown,Thomas,
Jenner,Sullentrop and McDowell and my dark horse to make this team is Emerson Clark.Players that I think had a bad game and my not be here much longer Cooper,Hope,Sabourin and there were a couple of other players that are on the bubble that had some good sifts and some bad.overall I think our streanght is going to be goaltending and defence but offence may surprise us but not getting to excited just yet as this is only ex games.
But I'll tell you it is great being back @ the GMC watching Gen's hockey.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:58 pm

Dips says he's keeping the roster at 33 for most of if not the rest of camp.... so they are all gonna get lots of time to impress

i was watching part of the game on tv last night when i got home....well listening to the broadcast for info while i fiddled on my computer..... they said Dehann is 100% back after Islanders camp..... Nagy,Parhnam, Dehart, Zador, Valentine are all of to camp soon.... feel like i'm missing someone (s) from that list
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:58 pm

i thought cooper didn't play that well when he came into play the 2nd half of the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:38 pm

UGENS wrote:I think it's a rule in exhibition Genny that one fight you get tossed.
Stumpy sure scored a nice goal from a very weird position almost the red line at the side of the crease.

UGENS(Karon)
Thanks Karon, I appreciate the answer.
Are we to refer to Christian as Stumpy? I didn't realize he took on his fathers nickname.
GENNY
GENNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:02 am

we could call stumpy junior lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Several fans have been calling him stumpy since he arrived last year. I also call Calvin Dehaan "Vinny" it's easier to holler, it was a suggestion by his dad and I followed up on it. Calvin doesn't mind it I asked him.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down