Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm surprised...

+2
wannabe
steamed
6 posters

Go down

I'm surprised... Empty I'm surprised...

Post by steamed Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:28 pm

I'm suprised at the lack of traning camp talk on this site compared to other team fans(not one meantion on the NOOF about the Gen's)My only visit so far was on Thursday and there was only about 50 people and I bet most of them were parents of the players,I'm just comparing it to the last couple of Gens training camps which I thought there were more maybe it was the JT thing.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

I'm surprised... Empty Re: I'm surprised...

Post by wannabe Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:11 pm

I was thinking the same thing steamed!! Hopefully interest is not wanning. I doubt it though. This is a hockey town. Just look at the number of fans out for tonights game. Kids are playing well and it's into the 2nd period. I hope they keep the vets out as much as they can. They need to build this team as if Nagy and Parnham will not be back. If they win this game in pre=season it will create some buzz and good buzz not ownership buzz. A win tonight will generate some chatter.

wannabe

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 104
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:31 pm

There's a lot of people that don't think about hockey in August.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:55 am

there were over 4000 fans tonight... and i believe are opener last year was 3500 ish didn't break 4000 if i recall correctly.... thats a good sign
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:14 am

archer_gens wrote:there were over 4000 fans tonight... and i believe are opener last year was 3500 ish didn't break 4000 if i recall correctly.... thats a good sign

They announced 4000 but I really don't think it's a scanner count season ticket holders got 2 extra tickets for the ex games,I'm sure they took that as part of the attendance,but still even if it wasn't 4000 it was a good crowd and a good game.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

I'm surprised... Empty Last nights attendance

Post by Gens Camper Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:07 am

I don't know if anyone can remember BUT

When we played at the Civic we would be lucky to get 7 or 800

Last night was a good crowd- but if it was a hot weekend crowd might have been smaller.

Exhibition games should be $5.00 and the 2 free tickets is a great way to fill the place.

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:09 pm

The attendance did include all season ticket holders who may or may not have been present. Either way, the two Oshawa/Peterborough pre-season games (last season and this season) at the GMC were both by far the biggest pre-season junior hockey crowds that I've seen and that includes Ottawa who had 5000+ season ticket holders with free tickets ... although that made the announced attendance higher over there but more people in the seats for the Gens/Petes.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum