Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens @ Bellville Wed Oct 14th

+6
drifter
UGENS
Gens Fan 112
gmc 118
hockeybeats
archer_gens
10 posters

Go down

Gens @ Bellville  Wed Oct 14th Empty Gens @ Bellville Wed Oct 14th

Post by archer_gens Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:54 pm

No rest for the Boys

Should be a good game.

On a side note I've done the drive to Bellville once before map quest puts it at an hour and a half, does that sound right to anyone? it seemed off to me. Curious cause I really want to drive down but couldn't hit the highway until 5... want to make sure its enough time
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Gens @ Bellville  Wed Oct 14th Empty Re: Gens @ Bellville Wed Oct 14th

Post by hockeybeats Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:20 am

I remember it being about 90 minutes to Belleville from the Scarborough Town Center when I drove to Ottawa in March. That was with perfect conditions, leaving at 4am so there was absolutely no traffic and an average speed of 120-130. I have no idea what it would be like during rush hour.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:25 am

Its about 1hr 20 min, driving the speed limit. From oshawa That puts you at the arena around 6:30. 7:15 game time you are doing ok.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:02 am

thanks guys

hopefully they keep there mini streak alive
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:54 pm

You have lots of time, Arch as the arena is right off the 401........
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:12 pm

Anyone else besides archer_gens heading down to bullville tonight ???? I'll be there, but wondered who else was going!!!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:38 pm

I'm going with Archer
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:28 pm

Well gens pull out a close one.Didnt watch game just listened on radio.Hopefully maybe catch some if its on tape delay.Not sure who is aware, one of calvin dehaans grand parents passed away, i forget which one. thats why he wasnt in the lineup, he went home to ottawa.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Great to see the Gens pick up a win in Belleville. Always a good feeling to win there!

Granted not all teams have played the same number of games, but isn't it fantastic that the Gens are not only tied for the most goals for in the conference, but they're also tied for the 2nd highest goals for in the entire league. Very Happy Terrific confidence booster!

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:11 pm

True about the goals for but this team's success or lack of success will be determined entirely by its goals against. Their GF over the last three games is pretty much the same as it was when their record was 2-3-2. If they keep the opposition under three goals, the Gens win almost every time. We know they can score 4-5 per game and that will be even more true when Parnham is here. I didn't see this game but I do have a concern about the high shots against. Belleville is not that strong a team, they should be contained to under 30 shots. Was that reflected in true scoring chances or is Belleville a "shoot-from-anywhere" sort of team that runs up arbitrary high totals? I can't complain about the shots against really without having seen what kind of shots Zador was facing. We criticize goalies a lot but good team defence makes goalies look good and gives them more confidence.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:01 am

Brett it two weeks out though so we need to forget about him for a little while longer

great game though

Gens deserved the win

Taylor is a good lol
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:06 am

The online scoresheet has Tony DeHart now getting that 2nd assist that Rob and Mike on the radio thought he should have got on the empty net goal. They only announced the one assist to Berger at the time. The DeHart point streak is still on! 10 games and counting! Very Happy

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:27 am

The boys got the much needed win in the Yardmen. The monkey is finally off their back. A few times I thought that Bellville goalie should have got a delay of game penilty. Holding the puck when the gens just crossed the blue line and he stopped the play. The lads played a good game and besides a 2 to 3 minute laps in the 3rd They played hard. Finally a goal disallowed in our favor. Not sure if it was a high stick or gloved in. From our vantage point hard to tell. It was De Haans grandmother taht passed. Sorry to hear Calvin. Well on the bus tomorrow for the north run. It should be a dandy. See you Sunday.
drifter
drifter

Number of posts : 272
Seat Section : 115 row 7
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 108 Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:04 am

Just saw the final game report ... Taylor 4 mins for spearing at 20mins in the 3rd!! Does anyone know who he went after?

Condolences to de Haan and his family on their loss.

Gens Fan 108

Number of posts : 81
Seat Section : 108
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:35 pm

I watched the game last night in the entirety. Taylor was going after Berger. The camera angle did not show what happened to start the scuffle, only the end of the malay,......where Brown was doing everything he could to get his hands on Taylor. And then he added salt to the wound by showing Taylor the scoreboard...It was right at the end of the game. Would have loved to have seen a replay to see what started it.

Excellent Game. Hayes was on fire again. The coach had a great interview in the first intermission talking about the "team" strategy...versus the 1 or 2 big guns. He is much happier with the full effort being put out on the ice and likes the attitude of the team. Not sure if it is available online anywhere, but is was really nice to see him talk to highly of Parnham and Hayes and the leadership the two young men bring to the team.

I for one have noticed since Panham has been back skating with the team...we have a little more fire in the belly. Can't wait to see how much our powerplay improves when we have a plalyer that will be able to finish!!! I think we are going to be overlooked by alot of people...but that is in our advantage.

Keep up the hard work boys. Your fans are really enjoying the ride....Rebuilding or whatever...Its really good hockey, period.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:30 am

I spoke to Tyler last night I asked who he was trying to get at as I couldn't tell and I was right there. Anyway he said he was after Berger because of his celebration of scoring the empty net goal. So I said he is a rookie and a euro, so cut the kid some slack. Then Brown and him tried to go at each other, but the linesman stepped in to stap anything happening. Brownie showed him at least three times with his two fingers use your eyes and look at the scoreboard.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:48 am

UGENS wrote:I spoke to Tyler last night I asked who he was trying to get at as I couldn't tell and I was right there. Anyway he said he was after Berger because of his celebration of scoring the empty net goal. So I said he is a rookie and a euro, so cut the kid some slack. Then Brown and him tried to go at each other, but the linesman stepped in to stap anything happening. Brownie showed him at least three times with his two fingers use your eyes and look at the scoreboard.

UGENS(Karon)

UGENS you should know that Hayes scored the empty net goal not Berger.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down