Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congrats to Marc Savard

5 posters

Go down

Congrats to Marc Savard Empty Congrats to Marc Savard

Post by Oshawa fan Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:18 am

He scored his 200th NHL goal one day after signing his 7 year 28 million dollar contract.

Not bad for a guy who was too slow and too small. Many of you will remember at the Memorial Cup in Hull in 1997 when all the talk was about Christian Dube as the next star with the Rangers who had also drafted Marc Savard (but he had no hope of making it).

Dube's NHL stats reveal that he scored 1 goal.

It is still a little sweet to see Savard succeeding.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Congrats to Marc Savard Empty Re: Congrats to Marc Savard

Post by jaycro Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:13 am

I have to "eat crow" on this one. I never imagined Savard would make the NHL much less accomplish what he has. I thought he was one of those hotshot juniors (a la Corey Locke!) who light it up in the "O" but fade to an AHL career. Good thing I'm not a scout or talent evaluator!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamoo Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:28 pm

jaycro wrote:I have to "eat crow" on this one. I never imagined Savard would make the NHL much less accomplish what he has. I thought he was one of those hotshot juniors (a la Corey Locke!) who light it up in the "O" but fade to an AHL career. Good thing I'm not a scout or talent evaluator!

Alot of NHL scouts felt the same way Jay.

Chamoo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:15 pm

I allways had high hopes for Marc. There's too many critics around here. Razz
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:16 pm

Congrats to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:57 am

His contract is under investigation by the NHL. Sneaky move by the Bruins. The way the salary is distributed is $7 million, $7 million, $6.5 million, and $5 million for the first four years and then $525,000 per year for the final two years when he will probably be retired anyways. The salary cap uses the average salary for the length of the contract. A sneaky move by the Bruins to reduce the salary cap hit? Savard has done very well but this contract might have to be renegotiated although by the letter of the law, I don't know if the NHL has the legal authority to void it if there is nothing in the CBA about front-loading the salary to the first few years. Interesting case regardless!

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down