Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is......

+6
jaycro
Gens Camper
gensman
archer_gens
bigE88
steamed
10 posters

Go down

Where is...... Empty Where is......

Post by steamed Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:09 pm

As the Gens are getting some points as of late and still playing a good game except a few(but I'm not blaming the coach/GM).gensman is not posting any thing negative against Coach/GM DePiero but I'm sure that will change on Sunday when gen's play Windsor and Mississauga on Thursday that's when we will be hearing from the gensman negative comments about the coach/Gm DePiero Laughing Laughing
but till then I'm enjoying the silence Laughing

Last edited by steamed on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Where is...... Empty Re: Where is......

Post by bigE88 Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:17 pm

i miss gensman complaining as much as Darmitage...
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:57 pm

lol
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by gensman Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Where are all ... those who said this team was too young to win ... not experienced enough ... not talented enough ... not their turn ... no scoring punch ...no toughness etc etc? All of a sudden mediocrity might not be so acceptable for this year?

I still think a major coaching upgrade should be considered. Significant picks will sign and left to play ... players will develop. It's ALL about the positive momentum and consistantly winning!

gensman

Number of posts : 835
Registration date : 2007-04-02

Back to top Go down

Where is...... Empty Gens coaching

Post by Gens Camper Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:11 pm

I think the reason for the recent good times is coaching

One thing as a coach is to get your team to play at or above their level

That is happening - also - goaltending has improved lately

We are also getting bounces our way unlike before

BUT - lets wait - we had a 5 game win streak then an 11 game slide

So lets wait until we rebound from that first loss

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:39 pm

I am one who has been harping about the lack of goal scoring on this team and I still feel that way although they have their good nights and the stats page (standings) doesn't reflect that either.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:12 pm

gensman wrote:Where are all ... those who said this team was too young to win ... not experienced enough ... not talented enough ... not their turn ... no scoring punch ...no toughness etc etc? All of a sudden mediocrity might not be so acceptable for this year?

I still think a major coaching upgrade should be considered. Significant picks will sign and left to play ... players will develop. It's ALL about the positive momentum and consistantly winning!

They're all still here and have been posting throughout the winning streak. The message that this was a young team going through growing pains is still true. They are learning how to win. Let's not think that a 5-game winning streak = a championship. If they win a playoff round or two, fantastic but this team is building for next year.

The message was always that the hard work they demonstrated even when losing would eventually pay off and it was just a matter of time.

Had they made the stupid decision to fire the coach of a rebuilding team at the first sign of a losing streak, it would mean uncertainty, division and chaos in the dressing room and these players would have to learn a whole new system while they lose under a different coach.

Nice to see you're still alive. I'm looking forward to your complaints about the coaching after the next Generals loss, whenever that happens to be.

Just wondering, when exactly do you give De Piero some credit? Does it take one Memorial Cup or two? Or perhaps he needs to rescue a baby from a burning building?

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:32 pm

gensman wrote:I still think a major coaching upgrade should be considered. Significant picks will sign and left to play ... players will develop. It's ALL about the positive momentum and consistantly winning!

I really don't get what you are saying. The players are listening to the coach and doing what needs to be done. Instead of letting up when they get down a goal or two they have kept working. Today was a perfect example. They go down 3-1 but don't quit.

Part of that is coaching and team building.

Dipiero is the first head coach with experience in the Davies era. He is showing that given a chance he knows what needs to be done.

As for the scoring Berger is living up to his early promise by finding the net. His scoring has really helped.

No question this team still has a lot of work to do. They will lose games but for a young team they are doing well right now.

Good junior hockey coaches come in two ways. First the same guys get recycled again and again. Second a bright young coach makes a step up. I hope Dipiero does that. I am certainly prepared to say give him time to do it.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:39 pm

I think there has been a lot of postivies all year. Yes we had a losing skid. And I for one am not expecting that this year is the Cup winning year. I think the plan is two years from now. So next year, we will hopefully be a little better, with a lot of guys returning, and having some experience at the OHL level. We have a lot of rookies in this line up. And they are going to make a lot of mistakes still. But the effort and the improvements are showing every game. And from where I am sitting, the future looks very good , for a serious run in two years.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:18 am

It's like making supper. You put something together and hope it taste's O.K.
WE ARE THE GENERALS AND WE KNOW THE RECIPE! study
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: