Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alain Berger

+8
UGENS
ogf
Chamoo
bigE88
GENNY
Gens Camper
archer_gens
Gens_Fan_22
12 posters

Go down

Alain Berger Empty Alain Berger

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:52 pm

It has been reported by Alain himself that he broke his ankle at World Junior Camp on his facebook page.
Said he is to have surgery in the next couple of days and won't be back til playoffs.
Connor Stokes told him to shut the F... up.
Tony Dehart said " Are you f...ing kidding me.

Does anyone know if this is true? I certainly hope not.
If so, we will definitely miss him the second half of the season.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Alain Berger Empty Re: Alain Berger

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:06 pm

I tried to go ont the Switzerland World Junior page and don't see anything reported on there at this time.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:36 pm

anyone speak swiss or german? this is an update on berger from the swiss internation ice hockey site, i tried to translate it but couldn't... although the german word for injury is in there....

Eishockeyspieler Alain Berger hat in Prince Albert (Ka) beim 5:2-Sieg der Schweizer U20-Junioren im WM-Testspiel gegen Österreich einen Fussbruch erlitten.

Der 18-jährige Stürmer, der vor seiner Verletzung mit dem Assist zum 1:1 und dem Treffer zum 2:2 geglänzt hatte, wird damit die WM in Saskatoon (Ka) verpassen und in dieser Saison in der Ontario Hockey League bei seinem Klub Oshawa Generals kaum mehr zum Einsatz kommen
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:52 pm

translation not good news

Alain Berger, forward of the U20 national team, must fit for the upcoming U20 world mastery in Saskatoon injury-partly.

In the preparatory play against the Austrian national team Berger has broken the right outside ankle. Berger will undergo in the sphere of his club (Oshawa of general / CAN) an operation. The medical prediction up to full recovery respectively load amounts approximately six weeks
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:05 pm

This is very SAD news for Alain

What bad timing , hoping he fully recovers as Alain was 1 of

our best imports in years to play here

As far as the team goes - it will be tough to replace him

Not only that but to juggle the lines

Our scouts will be busy trying to find a replacement

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:13 pm

6 weeks isn't that bad, all we need to do is focus on the 7th playoff spot and then with him back in our line up it will add a much needed boost down the line.

Get well Soon Berger.

Whats 4 more weeks without him? possible plummet down the standings.... should be able to fend of the bulls and dogs though
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:24 am

Hey Bergey----Here's hoping for a speedy recovery....................
We will miss you and can't wait for you to be back in the line-up.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:48 pm

In any language that just sucks. I've cracked an ankle before and it doesn't tickle. No
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bigE88 Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:39 am

this is bad news for the Gens and the Swiss Missle... damn
bigE88
bigE88

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:18 pm

has anyone heard anything official with this injury? saw an article on the internet today that said he's expected to be part of the swiss team, assuming it was an error

but just curious as to the injurys actual extent

just noticed tsn also has an article from xmas eve saying he's part of the team

i'd love for this to not be a serious injury (not expecting that though) any word?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamoo Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:03 pm

archer_gens wrote:has anyone heard anything official with this injury? saw an article on the internet today that said he's expected to be part of the swiss team, assuming it was an error

but just curious as to the injurys actual extent

just noticed tsn also has an article from xmas eve saying he's part of the team

i'd love for this to not be a serious injury (not expecting that though) any word?

Those TSN articles are full of errors so don't put too much stock into them.

Chamoo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:00 pm

well the other article was from the associated press, Alain is not a big name player, and the injury has not been talked about much, so i was just wondering if theres anything very official from our end yet

the toronto star also has an article out today saying the swiss roster boasts players and names berger in the list
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:50 pm

If you look on the official IIHF site, Berger is listed on the SUI Entry list, but is NOT listed on the official roster. http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/205/IHM2050SUI_33_1_0.pdf

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:27 pm

As I mentioned to start this thread, Alain said he had to have surgery......................
Whether he had been checked out fuly by doctors then is anyone's guess........but youwould think he would know what is going on.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:50 am

thanks ogf

as for gensfan22 yes and no, there team doctors would be different then are team doctors, thats why i was wondering on anything official out of our end
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:00 am

Since he was playing for Switzerland at the time of his injury, you would think that their team doctors would have checked him out and sent him to hospital for xrays etc.
I would surmize that he would have surgery over there and that they would be responsible for his care.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:22 pm

Gens_Fan_22 this happend to Alain in Saskatoon so they were going to send him back to Oshawa after they took care of him there for our team doctors to check him out as well.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Alain Berger Empty Oshawagenerals.com

Post by Gensfansec114 Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Does it not drive everyone crazy that you can never find out anything on the teams useless website? I have been a seasons ticket holder in Kelowna, Kitchener, and Vancouver. Even in a city the size of Vancouver you would hear same day or the next if one of the teams best players was injured. We drop and trade players with no information updates at all. I even sent an email to the team media contact Roger and have never received a reply.

Gensfansec114

Number of posts : 14
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:36 pm

this has driven me crazy for years , its very poor marketing if you ask me , a real lack of respect for the hardcore fan , the gens focus is not on developing a relationship with the hard core fan but rather just get parents out with their kids .......numbers .......sell shit !......when i want to find out the inside story on a gens issue the last place i look is the gens website , nothing current or controversial there!

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:39 pm

oh and forget roger , he may be media , but he tows the company line 100%.......his articles are old news man, a waste of time , having said that i like his radio show , he's not afraid there to speak his mind

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:59 pm

i agree , you notice early on in the season u could post a comment on the website , now all comments are closed

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:49 am

mygens wrote:oh and forget roger , he may be media , but he tows the company line 100%.......his articles are old news man, a waste of time , having said that i like his radio show , he's not afraid there to speak his mind

Because it's a different forum. Anything on the Generals website (or any official team site) is not news or media, it's advertising. No OHL team or business is going to put negative things on their website for the same reason they won't put negative things if they were paying for a big ad on a billboard. The website is no different. I'm not sure why people don't understand that.

Looking for "news" on the Oshawa Generals website is like looking for political news on the website of the Conservative party. It's all positive spin. That's not a criticism of the site, that's why it was created.

What Roger Lajoie does on the radio and on the Generals' website is completely different, that's why you hear him speak his mind. I didn't hear Nick Kypreos criticize the Leafs when he played for the team but he certainly does now that he works for Sportsnet.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down