Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

intersting articale....

+5
UGENS
GENNY
Gens Fan 112
hockeybeats
steamed
9 posters

Go down

intersting articale.... Empty intersting articale....

Post by steamed Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:20 pm

I found This Articale on loosepucks.com if you want to read the whole thing go there but I found this very intersting paragragh:
Windsor could use a goalie and has room for an import, but not an overager unless one of Harry Young, Scott Timmins or Dale Mitchell is moved.

If the Spitfires are desperate enough for a goalie that they pick up an OA, a player like Young, Timmins or Mitchell would work very nicely in an Oshawa, Kingston or Belleville uniform to help one of those teams make a bit of noise in the playoffs while bringing along some of the younger players.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

intersting articale.... Empty Re: intersting articale....

Post by hockeybeats Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm

I doubt that would happen but it definitely is an interesting proposition. I've never heard of a player being dealt from a rebuilding team to a contender and then back to an improving rebuilding team before. I'm sure Mitchell would get a really warm reception upon his return if it were to happen.

Usually loosepucks is pretty good but Belleville? A team with a .378 winning percentage is going to make a trade for a Dale Mitchell to make some noise in the playoffs? This is really an off-the-wall sort of suggestion.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:36 pm

no thanks.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:02 pm

What happened to the goalie they won the cup with? I don't know his name but If I remember correctly he was from Oshawa. The city that is, not the team.
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:10 pm

Engalage (sp) is playing in the ECHL.

Now I know some of you seem to hate Dale Mitchell, but he was the main reason the Spitfires made it into the the finals at the Memorial Cup, even though for some stupid reason they made Hall the be all end all which was totally wrong. Dale yes is a chirper, but he also leads by example on the ice in his game and the young lads could learn from him but I also liked, what I saw in Rimouski of Harry Young and Timmins as well. Anyone of those three would be good for our young lads, but I don't like what we would have to give away to get any one of them!!!
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Now what I've been told the Gens are looking @ two forwards but no player will be given up they are only offering draft picks and not the ones we got from London for JT & MD we will find out how true it is Jan 11.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:32 pm

GENNY wrote:What happened to the goalie they won the cup with? I don't know his name but If I remember correctly he was from Oshawa. The city that is, not the team.

Andrew Engelage: He also played 5 games for the marlies, when the leafs had goalie injuries.He participated in the leafs skills competition a couple weeks ago.

If we could get on of those three for draft picks, that would be a good deal.This will only happen if windsor goes for an O/A goalie, word is jaroslav janis from erie, but for starters the spits would have to drop an O/A plus an import player off their roster. Plus whatever erie would want in return.Not sure this will happen.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:51 pm

I could be wrong but I checked Windsor roster and they only have Richard Panike as an Euro
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:59 pm

steamed wrote:I could be wrong but I checked Windsor roster and they only have Richard Panike as an Euro

According to some windsor fans on thenoof.com another forum for those of you that arnt aware of it. In order for a deal for janis they will have to give up on panik or another euro player tom khunhackl who is playing hockey for a german elite league team.His rights are owned and protected by the spits and will be in their lineup next year. Hopefully this helps you STEAMED.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamoo Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:10 am

Well, the thing about getting one of those overagers from Windsor is that we would be getting them at a discount, which would be quite nice. Windsor HAS to move one of those three guys if they want to bring in an OA goalie, and it's to Windsors advantage to ship them off to a team that will not be a threat to them in the playoffs (ie: Oshawa, Belleville, Kingston).

Chamoo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:16 am

Gens are in an interesting position because they're rebuilding, but at the same time, they have to be thinking they can win the east division this season and take the 2nd seed in the conference in the process. You'd avoid Barrie and Mississauga right away and could have some good playoff success. Hard to know whether you stay the course with what you have or try to add a puzzle piece here and there without giving up too much.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:15 pm

i dont want mitchell at any price , his bad attitude could possibly hurt the dev of our young stars !!!! no doubt windsor would like to unlaod him !!! no thanks

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:17 pm

give em zador for young !!! ha!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:17 pm

kidding i know its an overage thing

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down