Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where did our powerplay go?

+3
Generalizations
ogf
Peter_Puck
7 posters

Go down

Where did our powerplay go? Empty Where did our powerplay go?

Post by Peter_Puck Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 pm

When is Dehaan going to shine as much as Dehart does on the pp. Dehaan hesitates way too much before shooting if he shoots. Dehaan has in my opinion been corrupted by going to the NHL camp. He is not reliable, he can't keep up with the oppose players blazing past him. The staying outside the box with no one in front of the net is killing us. This team can't really on a few players to carry this team. Seriously, powerplay should equal scoring opportunities. JMO.
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Where did our powerplay go? Empty Re: Where did our powerplay go?

Post by ogf Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Very interesting post from a person that joined the board today!! Maybe you should get his autograph before he leaves to play in the NHL.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Where did our powerplay go? Empty Look at the stats

Post by Peter_Puck Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:12 pm

So your crediability comes from your 400+ posts hmmm. Guess that Makes you a hippocrate I would match my 32 years of following the Gens. By the way Dehaan was responsible for one goal because he was outplayed, I realize his is human. Dehart far outplays Dehaan. If this gets people talking so be it at least something is going on this message board. Ogf should I preview with you before I post. Not.

Last edited by Peter_Puck on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:13 pm

Our powerplay is injured, that is Christian Thomas and Allain Berger.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:17 pm

Peter_Puck wrote:So your crediability comes from your 400+ posts hmmm. Guess that Makes you a hippocrate I would match my 32 years of following the Gens. By the way Dehaan caused Canada to lose in the final and Dehart far outplays Dehaan.

One player does not cause a loss. If any situation ever arose that one defender has to cover two opponents, there was other mistakes made by the team as a whole that created an odd-man situation. Win as a team, lose as a team.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:18 pm

Peter_Puck wrote:So your crediability comes from your 400+ posts hmmm. Guess that Makes you a hippocrate I would match my 32 years of following the Gens. By the way Dehaan caused Canada to lose in the final and Dehart far outplays Dehaan.

I got you beat on the 32 years, but have a nice day.... and DeHaan was not the reason Canada lost the Gold, that is just another post to show everyone here what you are all about. I am finished responding to you, so post what you like that will make you feel better.

Cheers!!

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:13 am

Peter_Puck, congrats on editing your post. I am glad you took the Canada game out of it....guess you had time to think about it. The edit doesn't make it go away though, I quoted it in my earlier response.

As per passing things by me, please NO, I don't really want to read your rubbish.

ogf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindy88 Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:39 am

Peter_Puck, you couldn't be more off base with your assessment of de Haan. He has struggled at times this year but only by comparison to his play last year.

He is desperately need on our power play. BTW, how did you like that Jenner to de Haan to Jenner shortie to win in OT vs the Petes on Friday night? de Haan's end to end rushes remind me of Del Zotto. How's he doing in the NHL? de Haan will be playing in the NHL in two years.

Further, I don't know how you could say that he caused Canada to lose the gold medal game by have one puck bounce over his stick when he decided to pinch. Goaltending in that game was far more suspect than de Haan's fluke play. He did not lose that game for Canada. Last time I checked hockey was a team sport.
Lindy88
Lindy88

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 104 row 13
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:32 am

Some of you forget that Calvin plays over 35 minutes per game

Yes more minutes than DE Hart - he plays PP - shorthanded

and regular shift

I think it is very unfair to bring up Calvins name & Team Canada

it is amazing he even played - jumping into a tournament in the

later stages and after one of the teams top DEE gets injured on a

dirty play - after Calvin was injured (concussion) very stressful

A bad bounce on the boards - leads to an odd man rush that

the GOALIE didn't stop

As for the Power play - we are not deep enough to replace injured

players - we had 1 group on PP - after that it was whoever was

hot that day.

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter_Puck Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:59 am

"Lindy88 - Peter_Puck, you couldn't be more off base with your assessment of de Haan. He has struggled at times this year but only by comparison to his play last year.

He is desperately need on our power play. BTW, how did you like that Jenner to de Haan to Jenner shortie to win in OT vs the Petes on Friday night? de Haan's end to end rushes remind me of Del Zotto. How's he doing in the NHL? de Haan will be playing in the NHL in two years."

Some great points. I didn't say I hated Dehaan I know he can play better than he has this season. I agree in two years but he has his work cut out for him.
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan 2k2 Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Dehaan doesn't have as many points as last year but we also had Tavares and Parnham and Nagy on the PP last year. Dehart and Dehaan are steady back there. We are really missing the size of Berger in front of the net and the shooting of Thomas from the side of the net. Ultimately this team is a fringe playoff team and the future is brighter for this team.

gensfan 2k2

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-01-18

Back to top Go down

Where did our powerplay go? Empty Thomas is a pleasant surprise

Post by Peter_Puck Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:52 pm

For Thomas to come from a team where he was only getting a few minutes a game, has matured greatly and responded to the ice time Dips has thrown his way. But he was never to replace JT. He is amazing to watch. Perhaps things will come together when the new players are added to the line up.
Clark around the net may be an option.
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Back to top Go down

Where did our powerplay go? Empty 1/14 Powerplays - 7% Last two games effectiveness

Post by Peter_Puck Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:01 am

Berger is gone for at least 4 more weeks, we are missing padulo. What are we supposed to do, surely Dips can come up with a strategy to improve the powerplay. Obviously we are not going to win each game this season and St. mike's is a no standout player team that is good at winning nothing exciting. We can't penetrate the box formation and we never have anyone in front of the net. Tommorrow is going to be huge against Kingston.
Peter_Puck
Peter_Puck

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:05 am

What ever happen to a simple button curl at the hash marks
Did not see one tonight . I thought they played a pretty decent 1 period , but something does not compute between periods .

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum