Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fan Fest May

4 posters

Go down

Fan Fest May Empty Fan Fest May

Post by archer_gens Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:04 am

May 15th Circle your calenders.

I'm moving that day Mad
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Fan Fest May Empty Re: Fan Fest May

Post by steamed Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:46 am

archer_gens wrote:May 15th Circle your calenders.

I'm moving that day Mad

It's the weekend you shouldn't be working so hard,take a 3 hr lunch Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:07 pm

That date sucks I'll be in Brandon, Man for the Memorial Cup. Why couldn't they have done it, like they did last year in June? So I guess this means they will probably have mini camp while I'm gone as well.

I for one liked it when it was in June, it broke up the long time off from having no hockey since March!!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:55 am

ya i don't get the date either, maybe they decided to have it earlier since we haven't had hockey since march this year, but memorial and stanley cup playoff games..... tough sell
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:19 am

archer_gens wrote:ya i don't get the date either, maybe they decided to have it earlier since we haven't had hockey since march this year, but memorial and stanley cup playoff games..... tough sell

What? Shocked we didn't go far last season,I'm pretty sure we didn't make the playoffs last season so we would of played our last game in March also so whats the differance Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Does anyone know what's going on at Fan Fest this year?

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:25 am

I know there will be the second annual award ceremony.... dunno where i read that, also recall something about afternoon activities before hand.... if i had to guess, autograph session, and shinny with the rookies, maybe unveil plans for the STH lounge.

dunno
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:29 am

Found it, it's tucked away in the last Gens insider, posting the whole article below just in case anyones interested, if not all it says is that it will be fun filled, with activities and will be followed by the awards, i'm bummed, i missed the awards last year as well

Generals Gear Up for Draft Day

The Generals are one month away from one of the most important dates on the OHL calendar. The OHL Priority Selection will take place on Saturday, May 1st beginning at 9am with the Generals selecting 3rd overall.

Generals General Manager and Head Coach Chris DePiero knows the importance of the draft and the impact it has on your team.

“You look at our draft from last year and we had four of those selections make our team this past season,” (Jenner, Suellentrop, Hope, McDowell) DePiero said. “There are more players from last year’s draft we are hoping to make this team in the coming years but certainly this year’s draft is very important.”

In addition to the 3rd overall pick, the Generals will be selecting five times in the first 60 picks.

“Our scouting staff has done a tremendous job picking out some key players that we are now targeting,” DePiero continued. “Obviously it’s still early and a lot can happen, but we like the possibilities.”

In 2001, the Ontario Hockey League conducted the Annual Priority Selection process by way of the internet for the first time in league history. The new process allowed for eligible players and their families, as well as fans across the league to follow the process in real time online.

The 2010 OHL Priority Selection will once again be conducted online on Saturday, May 1st beginning at 9am at www.ontariohockeyleague.com.

Fans can also check out www.oshawagenerals.com throughout the day for exclusive coverage of each one of the Generals draft picks. Be sure to visit the Generals website for more news and updates leading up
to draft day.

FANfest is Coming!

Attention All Gens Fans!

On Saturday, May 15 the Oshawa Generals will be hosting FANfest
A fun, and interactive day with the Generals at the General Motors Centre as we celebrate and thank our great fans.

FANfest will be followed by the 2nd Annual Oshawa Generals Awards Ceremony.

Save the Date… Saturday, May 15 – Oshawa Generals FANfest!

Stay Tuned to the May edition of Gens Insider and the Oshawa Generals website for further information…

Big Savings on Season Tickets!

Enjoy the season and support the Generals every step of the way with Oshawa Generals 2010-2011 season tickets.

Whether it’s spending quality time with family and friends, rewarding employees for going that extra mile or as a networking opportunity to enhance your relationship with current and potential clients, Oshawa Generals season tickets can make sure that day or night is a special one.

Many season ticket holders already know the virtues of owning season tickets; however, here are a few of those reasons for those of you who might be on the fence. Until the end of the month, April 30, 2010, you can save as much as 25% off the price of season tickets when you pay in full!

Some other reasons to own season tickets include having your very own reserved seat for all 34 home games and invitations to exclusive events with the team. Additionally, every game day you will receive all of the latest stats e-mailed to you prior to the game so that you can follow along closely.

We know that season ticket holders love to show their Generals Pride. In recognition of this, season ticket holders receive monthly deals at the Generals Store as well as 15% off regularly priced merchandise so that you can let everyone know who you’re cheering for!

These are only a few of the reasons for you to own Oshawa Generals season tickets. For a list of over 100 reasons, please visit http://www.oshawagenerals.com/redwhiteblueandyou.

Reminder to pay before April 30th and save!
Reminder that anyone who places a deposit before April 30th will be entered into the draw for a trip for 2 to New York to see the New York Rangers during the 2010-2011 season! Additional information on season tickets can be found at www.oshawagenerals.com/seasontickets.

An Important Part of Our Community

This past season saw the Oshawa Generals give it their all on and off the ice. The Generals made great strides to get out in the community this season and speak with fans of all ages.

A community highlight from this past season would definitely be the Read, Dream and Achieve partnership with the Oshawa Public Libraries. The first of its kind, the program was designed to encourage youths and their families to realize their dreams by reading, and also to show their role models sharing the same passion of reading a great book!

Gens players, along with local personalities, were invited to create an “all star reading team” that read throughout the season in each of the Oshawa library locations on weekends. The reading sessions also included games with the players and autographed jersey raffles.

Parents were enthused and remarked that it was “a great way to get boys out to the library” and “we all learned something from them--and still talk about them”. Young Gens stars Colin Suellentrop, Jimmy McDowell, Jeff Brown, John Padulo, Boone Jenner, Christian Thomas and Kyle Hope all participated in Read, Dream and Achieve.

Other events allowed the team to interact with fans in a not-so traditional manner. Whether it was strolling the street of Downtown Oshawa in December to hand out tickets to eager Christmas shoppers, participating in a hockey shootout inside the local TD Canada Trust branch, serving up great food at the United Way/East Side Mario’s Charity Dinner, or snapping photos with youngsters at the Durham Family YMCA, the Generals were there.

This Spring and Summer you’ll see even more of the Generals as they prepare to launch the Oshawa Generals Road Tour. Be on the lookout at events in Durham Region over the coming months where you’ll have your chance to have an interactive, grassroots experience with the Generals!
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down