Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada Wins Gold!

3 posters

Go down

Canada Wins Gold! Empty Canada Wins Gold!

Post by archer_gens Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Congrats to Jenner, Lessio and Sullentrop on Gold and Silver.

as per tsn

PIESTANY, Slovakia -- Canada has clinched its third straight gold medal at the Ivan Hlinka Memorial hockey tournament.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored in the first period to give the Canadians the only goal they needed in a 1-0 win over the U.S. on Saturday.

Canada has won the under-18 summer tournament in each of its last three attempts, and six of the last seven years.

The Canadians did not lose a game this year, rolling through the preliminary round with big wins over Sweden (6-3), Switzerland (7-3) and Slovakia (6-1).

Canada romped to a 6-2 win over the Czech Republic in the semifinal, while the U.S. beat Sweden 5-4 in overtime.

Side Note, sounds like Jenner scored two goals throughout the tournament, and Lessio scored 3.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Canada Wins Gold! Empty Re: Canada Wins Gold!

Post by Guest Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:29 pm

cool congrats guys

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:18 am

I really wish they would put this tournament on tv, theres no hockey all summer, and the under 19 is so popular so why not?

I know its summer and people might not be thinking hockey, but when the NHL does the world hockey championship (last done in 2004 (i think)) its a summer event and people watch it.

So why no tv coverage?
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:03 am

archer_gens wrote:I really wish they would put this tournament on tv, theres no hockey all summer, and the under 19 is so popular so why not?

I know its summer and people might not be thinking hockey, but when the NHL does the world hockey championship (last done in 2004 (i think)) its a summer event and people watch it.

So why no tv coverage?
the tournament was under 18 not under 19 Wink
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:18 pm

i meant it as the under 19 is popular, so why not put the under 18 on, would it be as popular probably not, but i can't see why it wouldn't get quite the following after all most of the players for team canada are chl players and the hardcore fans will probably instantly support team canada.

p.s. we love to correct each other eh? lol
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:30 pm

archer_gens wrote:i meant it as the under 19 is popular, so why not put the under 18 on, would it be as popular probably not, but i can't see why it wouldn't get quite the following after all most of the players for team canada are chl players and the hardcore fans will probably instantly support team canada.

p.s. we love to correct each other eh? lol

I'm assuming you are talking about the World Jrs...it's U20
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down