Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red & White game - Saturday, September 4th 11am start

+4
Seventhman
Gens_Fan_22
archer_gens
hockeybeats
8 posters

Go down

Red & White game - Saturday, September 4th 11am start Empty Red & White game - Saturday, September 4th 11am start

Post by hockeybeats Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:47 pm

I just received an email that the Red & White game has been moved an hour earlier and will run from 11am-1pm. It was previously scheduled to start at 12 noon.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Red & White game - Saturday, September 4th 11am start Empty Re: Red & White game - Saturday, September 4th 11am start

Post by archer_gens Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:18 pm

It was 11am, then it was noon, its back to 11am?

lol
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Red & White game - Saturday, September 4th 11am start Empty Re: Red & White game - Saturday, September 4th 11am start

Post by hockeybeats Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Exactly, you got it. A bit confusing for sure. scratch

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:34 pm

well thanks it would have been upsetting to miss half the game
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Saturday looks better this week has been hell weather wise and so we will actually have fresh cool air that is safe to inhale and Gens hit the ice for the red vs white. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:37 pm

I just received an email from Jason.
I had asked him if the game on Saturday was changed to 11 a.m.
He told me it was and that he would be sending out another email and an updated roster for training camp once he receives from management.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:01 pm

box office is still saying noon, however gens staffers are saying 11am, or at least thats what the box office told me yesterday lol.

The Red, White and Blue Roster did say 11am
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Seventhman Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:05 pm

I went to the game today. 8-6 White.

Players who stood out to me: Thomas, Berger, Lessio, Labardo, Dehart.

Disapointments: Padulo and Jenner (both seemed to lack inspiration), Alcock (saw at least four 2 on 1's where he shot from bad angle instead of passing to open backdoor), Sullentrop/McDowell/Valentine (all played very poorly).

Biggest concern: Defence. The only D man who looked like an OHLer out there today was DeHart. Valentine had a poor game for him, and Sullentrop and McDowell were not impressive at all today. The rest of the D, especially on the Team Red, sorry but they were out to lunch early (11am) today. Backing in on the goalies, not clearing anyone out front, 2 guys going to the same man and leaving the back door open, and putting the puck in your own net............ WOW. Joe Cirella has his work cut out with this group, and despite the popular goalie bashing I read about, this was the biggest problem last year, and with the liklehood of DeHann remaining with the Islanders for a extended look and then going to Team Canada for several weeks in December/early January, and DeHart being an OA that was drafted by the Islanders and hence could end up in the AHL, this is the biggest area of concern for me heading into the season. It won't matter who you put in net with defence like I saw today.

Seventhman

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Seventhman wrote:I went to the game today. 8-6 White.

Players who stood out to me: Thomas, Berger, Lessio, Labardo, Dehart.

Disapointments: Padulo and Jenner (both seemed to lack inspiration), Alcock (saw at least four 2 on 1's where he shot from bad angle instead of passing to open backdoor), Sullentrop/McDowell/Valentine (all played very poorly).

Biggest concern: Defence. The only D man who looked like an OHLer out there today was DeHart. Valentine had a poor game for him, and Sullentrop and McDowell were not impressive at all today. The rest of the D, especially on the Team Red, sorry but they were out to lunch early (11am) today. Backing in on the goalies, not clearing anyone out front, 2 guys going to the same man and leaving the back door open, and putting the puck in your own net............ WOW. Joe Cirella has his work cut out with this group, and despite the popular goalie bashing I read about, this was the biggest problem last year, and with the liklehood of DeHann remaining with the Islanders for a extended look and then going to Team Canada for several weeks in December/early January, and DeHart being an OA that was drafted by the Islanders and hence could end up in the AHL, this is the biggest area of concern for me heading into the season. It won't matter who you put in net with defence like I saw today.

To add to your post a little... Jensen also stood out to me, as did Laughton (but that could have been partly because he was playing with Thomas/Berger)

Jenner was absolutely invisible. Hell I didn't know he was even playing until the 3rd period.

Anyone else notice Stokes was playing defence the entire game?
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by kech67 Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Stokes was playing defense Friday as well, Berger was also playing defense earlier in the week. It will be interesting to see what the bottom six forwards will look like. There will likely be some movement and some disappointed players by the time the season starts.

kech67

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sdspencer Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:23 pm

kech67 wrote:Stokes was playing defense Friday as well, Berger was also playing defense earlier in the week. It will be interesting to see what the bottom six forwards will look like. There will likely be some movement and some disappointed players by the time the season starts.

Lessio looked fantastic, as did Laughton. I'm concern about the defencemen this season and Baille as a backup. Baille has basically won the backup job by default with the other goalies they brought in were horrible. Problem is they little or no players for tradebait. Will be interesting to see how this team looks come the season opener.
sdspencer
sdspencer

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by kech67 Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:56 pm

IMO, Forward locks are:

Berger, Thomas, Lessio, Jenner, Jensen, Laughton and Labardo. All off these are very fast and can move.

For the next five or six forwards it depends on what they want to do with their '94's

Laughton is for sure, Payne and Petaccio are real possibilities. They will be third and forth liners probably for the next two years as the Gens only loose one of the above seven. I would keep both of them. Depends on how much ice they might get. Mitch Eden and Josh Brown I would keep one of those. Probably Brown. Eden is a little smaller and appears to be a Ryan Ellis type defenseman. Outside of Laughton, sending any of them back wouldn't be a bad idea. They probably all have tier two teams to go to and would be getting tons of ice. Dehaan did not get to Oshawa till his second year.

The bottom six forwards will be decided on what happens in the preseason and what injuries occur, which they already are with Brown and Hope. After that you may see a trade or two.

Defense will be hard to predict. Assuming that DeHart and DeHaan are gone, that leaves Valentine, McDowell, Sullentroop and Hope. I would expect they might make a move for an OA defense.

I think this year the best defense is a good offense. Let's hope they score enough goals to win and we can all get McDonalds fries on the way home.

What local content do you think they will keep, Clark, Alcock, Zupancic and Pachis?

kech67

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:39 pm

I think we need to get younger this year.

Why play guys that won't be with us next year, when guys like payne will be.

Also Calvin should be back with the team, I haven't seen the Islanders fans putting him in there predicted rosters for this season.
Not even as a 7th or 8th defenceman.

I'd like to trade him if Dehart is back.

Don't get me wrong I love watching him play, and he's a great guy, but he won't be with the team next year and we aren't competitive enough this year. I'd like to see him traded for a goalie or defencemen that can help us this year, but make us much better next year.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:37 am

Think Graves has a chance of staying... he only got three gosals. You people that want to keep Clark(e) WHY? I liked Eden and Jenson. Labardo really has the wheels but I remember another gen that had that speed and couldn't put the puck in the ocean. I won't know what we have until November, when we see who stays at the OHL level. Let the oa deal rest. Anyone who is good will cost you bigtime. Any one else is a waste of a position.

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:29 pm

I agree building up the team for a big run next year is the best way to move forward this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down