Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liambus

3 posters

Go down

Liambus Empty Liambus

Post by archer_gens Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:55 am

The Maple Leafs are giving banished junior Michael Liambas a chance to resume his hockey career.

On Oct. 30, 2009, Liambas was playing for the Erie Otters when he drove Kitchener’s Ben Fanelli into the boards, causing a serious head injury. Liambas, now 21, was given a season-long suspension by CHL commissioner David Branch that ended his junior career.

The Leafs invited Liambas to their rookie camp, which begins Saturday in London, Ont.
“We’re going to give him a chance at rookie camp,” said Toronto general manager Brian Burke. “He’s an honours student. Everyone that’s ever played with him raves about his character. (Erie GM) Sherry Bassin and (coach) Robbie Ftorek told me he’s as good a kid as they’ve ever had.

“He’s a very intelligent player, a natural leader, and he’s tough. So we’ll see what he can do to stay with the Marlies.”

This news thrills me, I felt like this kid was thrown under the bus, glad to see he gets a second chance. Not saying what he did was ok, but theres been alot worse done with alot less punishment handed out.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Liambus Empty Re: Liambus

Post by ohagan Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Yes I agree that Liambas should get a second chance. He has certainly paid dearly for his on ice actions as so he should. He make an error in judgement but that not the type of player he is known to be. Everyone makes mistakes but good people learn from their mistakes. I'm sure he will make the most of his chance to resume his hockey career. I heard a few clips on the radio and it sounded like he played a good game the other night. I think he scored a goal.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Liambus Empty Re: Liambus

Post by GENNY Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Maple Leafs? Never heard of them. Razz
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103