Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Ice Cross Check

3 posters

Go down

Off Ice Cross Check Empty Off Ice Cross Check

Post by archer_gens Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Heres the article from the Toronto Sun, I find it absolutely disgusting, don't care what the reasoning is behind this, its unacceptable.

TIMMINS, Ont. - A 39-year-old Timmins, Ont., woman has been charged with assaulting an 11-year-old boy with his own hockey stick after a peewee hockey game.

The woman allegedly confronted the boy off the ice following the game and then cross-checked him in the back with the hockey stick, Timmins Police Staff Sgt. Martin Wallingford said.

She is charged with assault with a weapon.

Her first court appearance is scheduled Jan. 21.

Wallingford said no names are being released in order to protect the identities of the child and the teams involved.

archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Off Ice Cross Check Empty Re: Off Ice Cross Check

Post by hockeybeats Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Disgusting but not surprising at all.

I've attended only a handful of minor hockey games in my life and I've seen some really stupid parent behaviour and for how little minor hockey I've seen, I know it's just the tip of the iceberg.

My favourite moment was when one know-it-all hockey dad who had been yelling at the ref on pretty much every single call yelled out "What are you, blind? Will you f'n pay attention? Where's the icing call?!?!". A polite response came from a parent of the opposing team: "They're short-handed so there is no icing so sit down and shutup!". Beautifully done. He was quiet the rest of the game.

While this guy wasn't violent, his harassment of the referee was reaching the point where I feared he might become violent. If not himself, maybe somebody else in response to his antics. We've got a huge problem in minor hockey and it isn't the kids.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:26 pm

My son played minor hockey in Toronto. I could tell you stories that would make you sick. One of the biggest problems with the parents is they all think their kid is the next Gretzkey, Crosby, whatever. They say and do some things that are well beyond comprehension.

Brutle, just brutle

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down