Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're the GM - For 1 player only!

+3
mygens
ohagan
blakejo
7 posters

Go down

You're the GM - For 1 player only! Empty You're the GM - For 1 player only!

Post by blakejo Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Based on what you've all seen so far this season, who would be for one player that you would go and get for next season if you could? Don't worry about the trade price - just play the part of the GM of the Gens and you can fantasy pick one player - currently playing in the OHL - to come play for the Generals next season. Obviously cannot be an OA this year and not available.

And it doesn't have to satisfy a need - i.e it doesn't have to be a goalie - even though I'm sure it would be nice to pluck Jack Campbell from Windsor!
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

You're the GM - For 1 player only! Empty Re: You're the GM - For 1 player only!

Post by blakejo Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:05 pm

For my selection in this Fantasy Draft - Ryan Murphy of Kitchener.

This kid is gonna be to high end player!
blakejo
blakejo

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:26 am

Murphy is a good choice. Pumpel ( sorry if spelled wrong ) from the Petes would be nice. Of coarse this is just fantasy.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:31 am

No doubt in my mind they need to find the best goalie available , as their top priority

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:36 am

mygens wrote:No doubt in my mind they need to find the best goalie available , as their top priority

It's not want they need - it's who would YOU pick up?
blakejo
blakejo

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:52 am

mygens wrote:No doubt in my mind they need to find the best goalie available , as their top priority

Read the question of this thread before you post, key word is fantasy

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 pm

They need a goalie! First choice would be Michael Houser from London who has a year left, plus an overage year. Second choice is Malcolm Subban from Belleville who has two years plus an potential overage year.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:23 pm

jaycro wrote:They need a goalie! First choice would be Michael Houser from London who has a year left, plus an overage year. Second choice is Malcolm Subban from Belleville who has two years plus an potential overage year.

Yeah Subban is fun to watch - also as a confession, I enjoyed it when he stoned the Gens after our fans were goading him - thought he deserved that win - and he showed how much he enjoyed it with his team mates - didn't need to make any gestures out there.
blakejo
blakejo

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:46 am

Sub ban, murphy, puempel, ....I can see you really are fantasizing , none of those players would ever be available , so what's the point ? .....ok I get it , it's just a bit of fun fantasy , ok then I would pick Sidney crosby to play on the gens .......ha, ha ! , ...... Oh better yet , how about , Ryan millar of the sabres , that would be way cool , as I said before we need a goalie ! ... You break me up ohagan !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:20 pm

My fantasy would be for the Gens to pick up a #1 goalie with there import pick. Some hidden Gem from over seas.

More on topic i'd love to see a guy like puempel on our team. Thomas and Peumple what a duo that could be.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:16 pm

Thomas and Puemple are both finishers. Both need a skilled set-up man. Currently, the Gens don't have that kind of a playmaker. They need a Savard-like player and Jenner is not it. He's good at what he does but he's never going to be a huge scorer in either the goals or assists departments. I am still glad we took him ahead of Puemple two years ago as he is the better all-round player!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:55 pm

maybe we could pry prince out of ottawa , he's quite the playmaker , the kid , he 's a 92 , has over 70 pts this year , what a steal he was from kitchener !!!! now thats a fantasy !!!! i'd be happy with a #1 goalie , wherever he comes from , maybe quebec ! Jaycro you bring up a good point , we could have taken puemple over jenner , i struggle with that pick , mistake or not all the time , apparantly the scouts are big on jenner , even though he has NO scoring abilty , the kid really needs to work on his shooting , no acuracy , and no power , for a big strong kids , its puzzling to me

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:10 pm

We drafted by position and we needed a centre - Thus we drafted Jenner

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:36 pm

mygens wrote:Sub ban, murphy, puempel, ....I can see you really are fantasizing , none of those players would ever be available , so what's the point ? .....ok I get it , it's just a bit of fun fantasy , ok then I would pick Sidney crosby to play on the gens .......ha, ha ! , ...... Oh better yet , how about , Ryan millar of the sabres , that would be way cool , as I said before we need a goalie ! ... You break me up ohagan !

There are two words that should never be together in a persons post, ohagan and fantasy. Very Happy

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:54 pm

youre right about that "gens camper " we did need a centre , over the years though i've heard all the time , that with a high draft pick , you always take the best player available , , clearly the gens didnt abide by that policy , and there is no comparison between puemple and jenner , the petes must be feeling pretty smug about that !

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:18 am

I don't think Puemple is any better than Jenner. I predict that Jenner will make the NHL ahead of Puemple., who gets a disproportionate number of his points on the powerplay.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by ogf Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 am

mygens wrote:youre right about that "gens camper " we did need a centre , over the years though i've heard all the time , that with a high draft pick , you always take the best player available , , clearly the gens didnt abide by that policy , and there is no comparison between puemple and jenner , the petes must be feeling pretty smug about that !

The scouts don't agree. In the Rankings just released, Jenner is ranked 18th and Puempel is ranked 29th.

ogf

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down