Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

67's vs GENS

+9
Hayes#21
Kevy
steamed
generalsfan
hockeybeats
UGENS
JPH
generalsfan4life
Gens Camper
13 posters

Go down

67's vs GENS Empty 67's vs GENS

Post by Gens Camper Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:31 pm

If you any thoughts of a 1st place in the division - it must start tonight - The tough ? for DIPS who is in net ?

Ottawa took on the chin at home vs Windsor last night as we played like the LEAFS for the first 40 minutes last night vs Kingston

We need to get pucks on the net and PLEASE stop trying to feed Thomas all night - stay out of the box and cut down the shots on net

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

67's vs GENS Empty Re: 67's vs GENS

Post by generalsfan4life Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:11 am

woo hoo gens come back and win 6-5 good job gens,this has to be the biggest win for the gens this season over a divison rival.
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:13 am

Pretty incredible show of resiliency on the part of the Generals. I would have bet a 100 to 1 that they would complete a comeback against the Fronts before the 67's.

The Gens certainly showed what they are capable of in that third period, and as long as they can tap into that and keep it going, this is a team that can make some noise. The frustrating part of course are those other periods where they appear lost. When they're good they are really good though.

Tomorrows game should be a good one, and hopefully the gens can feed off this comeback. A strong first period to set the pace would be ideal.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:45 am

This game was incredible. Way to go lads you showed a lot of character!! For all those fans who supported loud, the lads feed off it, kudos to all of you .

Now if any of you fans are going to tomorrow nights game "PLEASE" bring your hand clapper and give the lads the same atmosphere, they had tonight . I bet coach would say the lads feed off your energy and you were the 7th man tonight, so lets keep this atmosphere going !!!

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JPH Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:46 am

I must say, from watching the game at home on tv....it was louder than I think I've ever heard it there.

JPH

Number of posts : 172
Seat Section : Somewhere in Section 119
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:56 am

It was probably the best atmosphere I've ever seen at the GMC. The fans were awesome! Gotta love those clappers!

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan4life Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:59 am

yup i agree .
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:19 am

Now that was exciting.

What a comeback...4 goals in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd. The Gens powerplay sure gets a great confidence boost with 3 (very timely) powerplay goals in those final 10 minutes!

The excitement in the building was terrific as the Gens got closer and closer and fed off the momentum. Great atmosphere throughout the game. I hope lots of fans bring their hand clappers back with them Sunday night! This Gens team has had some pretty amazing 3rd periods this season. This will be a nice psychological win...should the Gens and the 67's meet in the playoffs at some point, this will be one of those games you always remember.

If I've looked up the stats right, in the last 5 games that Jensen has scored points in, he has 16 points. Fantastic!

For me, one of the more frustrating things about sports in general is the sometimes poorer efforts against weaker opponents. So for the Gens, let's hope we see the energy and commitment from the last 10 minutes of this game on Sunday night. With the 67's in Mississauga on Sunday afternoon, hopefully by the time 6:05 rolls around, the Gens have the chance to be 3 points back of Ottawa with 2 games in hand for the division lead.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:32 am

But if Ottawa wins tomorrow, we would have a chance to be just 10 points back of Mississauga. cheers

Wishful thinking I guess!

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:58 am

The atmosphere in the building was electric and the fans were fuelled by the GENS energy then they scored - fans got exited and it built from there.

It is up to the home team to get the fans into the game and keep them there - hard for fans to get exited when Ottawa was hemming us in our zone

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:57 am

Great work in the come back BUT why don't they play a 60 minute game?
and they still taking too many stupid penalties.let's start playing 60 minutes DeHaan is not the only defencemen playing bad you can add Valentine to the list and sometimes Dehart has a brain freeze and there your vet's.I thought going in to the season our defence would not be the problem.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:58 pm

generalsfan wrote:Now that was exciting.

What a comeback...4 goals in the last 10 minutes of the 3rd. The Gens powerplay sure gets a great confidence boost with 3 (very timely) powerplay goals in those final 10 minutes!

The excitement in the building was terrific as the Gens got closer and closer and fed off the momentum. Great atmosphere throughout the game. I hope lots of fans bring their hand clappers back with them Sunday night! This Gens team has had some pretty amazing 3rd periods this season. This will be a nice psychological win...should the Gens and the 67's meet in the playoffs at some point, this will be one of those games you always remember.

If I've looked up the stats right, in the last 5 games that Jensen has scored points in, he has 16 points. Fantastic!

For me, one of the more frustrating things about sports in general is the sometimes poorer efforts against weaker opponents. So for the Gens, let's hope we see the energy and commitment from the last 10 minutes of this game on Sunday night. With the 67's in Mississauga on Sunday afternoon, hopefully by the time 6:05 rolls around, the Gens have the chance to be 3 points back of Ottawa with 2 games in hand for the division lead.

Jensen had a 7 game point streaking going, but it was snapped Friday in Kingston. Started a new one last night
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:21 pm

What a game last night by our team. I agree with Steamed on one point only....it we played the way we played in the 3rd against kingston and Ottawa....imagine how good we could be with 60 minutes.

I am not taking away from the spectacular comeback and the heart this team showed to not let up even being behind.

I thought hockeybeats would have loved that atmosphere...It felt almost like playoff time!!! It was nice to see....but the gens sure did give us something to cheer about!!!!

Lets keep up the good work tonight. Another two points....we can do it.

Love Lessio's play the last 5 games. He is learning how to use his teammates better and it is resulting in points on the board.
GO GENS GO!!!!!

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Plus a picture-play goal to boot!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Hayes#21 wrote:What a game last night by our team. I agree with Steamed on one point only....it we played the way we played in the 3rd against kingston and Ottawa....imagine how good we could be with 60 minutes.

I am not taking away from the spectacular comeback and the heart this team showed to not let up even being behind.

I thought hockeybeats would have loved that atmosphere...It felt almost like playoff time!!! It was nice to see....but the gens sure did give us something to cheer about!!!!

Lets keep up the good work tonight. Another two points....we can do it.

Love Lessio's play the last 5 games. He is learning how to use his teammates better and it is resulting in points on the board.
GO GENS GO!!!!!

So your happy the way the Vet' defence are playing and all the stupid penalties they take scratch
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by generator Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:08 pm

It was great to see all of the school groups last night. Those young fans create a lot of noise (support) especially when they are given free clappers.

generator

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:18 am

hockeybeats wrote:But if Ottawa wins tomorrow, we would have a chance to be just 10 points back of Mississauga. cheers

Wishful thinking I guess!

I don't think anyone will catch the Majors in the regular season.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:20 am

Having so many of the younger hockey teams there on Saturday night created a great atmosphere. I wonder if the same holds true next Saturday night versus Kingston.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by GENNY Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 am

hockeybeats wrote:It was probably the best atmosphere I've ever seen at the GMC. The fans were awesome! Gotta love those clappers!

What? Did you say something? Speak Up! Eh?
GENNY
GENNY

Number of posts : 609
Seat Section : 103
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down