Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London @ Gens sun Jan 23rd

+10
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
TipcoSr
Kevy
generalsfan
gensrock
Gens Camper
Oshawa fan
Gensfan_118
ohagan
generalsfan4life
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

London @ Gens sun Jan 23rd Empty London @ Gens sun Jan 23rd

Post by generalsfan4life Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:15 pm

this should be a good game today and i'm gussing bailie will start in net today. Let's GO Gens
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

London @ Gens sun Jan 23rd Empty Re: London @ Gens sun Jan 23rd

Post by ohagan Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:05 pm

We blew a few leads today,too bad we lost as it was a good game, but now that the dust has settled on another 3 in 3 weekend for the Gens, we came away gaining another point on the 67's and we are now 4pts back of 1st with a game in hand. And just to add, Lessio's super stick handling goal was dynamite today. That one should be tops on the mazda goals of the week on the ohl website.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gensfan_118 Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Well, a typical effort under the current coach. Play great for 20 minutes and pack it in for the other 40 (not necessarily in that order though). What could he have said in that 2nd intermission to get them to come out that flat. All I can imagine is something along the lines of:
(comes into the dressing room 5 minutes into the intermission)
"Alright guys, I know I haven't taught you anything all year, but we're on the verge of blowing yet another 3 goal lead. So what I want you guys to do is for EVERYBODY to go right after the man with the puck. I just finished watching team black DOMINATE team white using this strategy. I think it's gonna work just great. - Oh, and Calvin, great work out there on the 1-on-1's. I love the way you let your man walk right by you and don't even bother to chase after him. Keep giving that 10% effort. You'll fit right in on that Islander's blueline next year"

Gensfan_118

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan4life Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:22 pm

i agree and another 2 pts the gens gave away today ugh.
generalsfan4life
generalsfan4life

Number of posts : 125
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Gensfan_118 wrote:Well, a typical effort under the current coach. Play great for 20 minutes and pack it in for the other 40 (not necessarily in that order though). What could he have said in that 2nd intermission to get them to come out that flat.

Or is it possible the Gens just ran out of gas after 3 games in less than 72 hours. London played Thursday and Friday at home so they were rested.

Certainly there were defensive mistakes made and a couple of weak goals but I would be more inclined to blame that on a young team than the coach.

Too many penalties again even if there were questionable calls. Sometimes you have to beat the referees too.

There certainly were some bright spots. Berger's powerplay goal was a nicely practiced play. Perhaps the coaches had something to do with that.

Lessio and Jenner both worked really hard killing the major penalty with Lessio getting the goal.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:41 pm

You guys need to lighten up - we have 14 - 1st or 2nd yr players who were gassed by the 3rd - 3 games in less than 72 hrs.

Calvin makes a few mistakes and jump on him when he plays 35 min a game - give it up - terrible reffing again cost us

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:52 pm

Hey clown (Gensfan_118) please do the true fans of the great youg team a favour....go cheer for one of the other 19 teams on the ohl you make me puke!
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:51 pm

Too bad the Gens couldn't get both points in this one after having leads of 4-1 and 5-3. London's 3rd period reminded me of the good come from behind 3rd periods that the Gens have had. The Gens had some good chances to increase their lead in the 2nd, with powerplays at 4-1 and 4-2...who knows if another goal at either of those points might have made a difference to how the rest played out.

How about that Lessio SH goal! cheers One of Jenner's best games for sure!

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Today's game was refereed by an AHL official and the other is a AAA Manitoba/ Womens CIS official. What's up with that?

Last edited by ohagan on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevy Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:06 pm

Gens lose. Might as well blame the coach. Now that's typical Rolling Eyes
Kevy
Kevy

Number of posts : 789
Seat Section : 114 Row 7
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Pretty strange coments in this thread. The Refs weren't the problem. The coach wasn't the problem. The Gens just ran out of gas. There were some plays in this game that were awesome; the Lessio goal, the Thomas goal, etc. Yesterday's game against the Fronts, well Reffing was a huge issue, today, not so much, it actually wasn't that bad. Coaching??? I don't get it, how can you blame the coaching for today's game. I guess he is a hero when he wins and a goat when he loses.

Strange, very strange.

Gens, great job today, we came up short, but many great efforts. Keep it going and you will do fine.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:26 pm

ohagan wrote:Today's game was refereed by an AHL official and the other is a AAA Manitoba/ Womens CIS official. What's up with that?
maybe you should check your facts...#10 Spada, Craig is OHL ref and #54 Brett Montsion is from the WHL. Part of the new ref system is that they exchange ref's between the leagues
gensrock
gensrock

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:33 pm

gensrock wrote:
ohagan wrote:Today's game was refereed by an AHL official and the other is a AAA Manitoba/ Womens CIS official. What's up with that?
maybe you should check your facts...#10 Spada, Craig is OHL ref and #54 Brett Montsion is from the WHL. Part of the new ref system is that they exchange ref's between the leagues

I did check my facts at www.nhlofficials.com/ao_listing.asp

ohagan

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 pm

A few observations / Cal please start playing like a first round pick in the nhl / I do not see the depth past 2 lines and 4 D to be successful in the playoffs / Dips should have made a trade or two at the deadline to shore up the 3 and 4 lines . The Sabby experiment should finally be over on the first line

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:11 pm

How about trying Lardo on Jenner's left side and demote Berger to the third with Laughlin at centre. Berger does not have the speed to keep up with his two currnt linmates especially since his injury last year.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:20 pm

jaycro wrote:How about trying Lardo on Jenner's left side and demote Berger to the third with Laughlin at centre. Berger does not have the speed to keep up with his two currnt linmates especially since his injury last year.
I agree , Laughton should not be playing 4 line , I personally would have traded Berger at the deadline . Lardo has the speed to complement Jenner and Thomas

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:20 am

ohagan wrote:
gensrock wrote:

I did check my facts at www.nhlofficials.com/ao_listing.asp

you did? but did you actually check yhe OHL website?

OHL Officiating Team
2010-11 OHL Officiating Team

Director of Officiating
Conrad Hache

Director of Administration
Herb Morell

Senior Officiating Manager
Ken Bodendistel

Officiating Managers
Ken Cox

Mark Hicks

Jim Lever

David Lynch

Ken Miller

Bill Prisniak

Dan Marouelli

Referees

2 Bolibruck, Mike
3 Price, Darren
4 Celestin, Joe
5 Faist, Jason
6 Blundell, Kevin
7 Langdon, Bob
8 Koziel, David
9 Carroll, Ryan
10 Spada, Craig
11 Parlette, Matt
12 Sweeney, Tom
13 Hoberg, Scott
14 Kaval, Keith
15 Bannerman, Korey
16 Lewis, Dave
17 Burchell, Darcy
18 McQuigge, Sean
19 Goldenberg, Jason
20 Hutchison, Ryan
21 Beer, Brad
22 Nicholson, Kendrick
23 Oakman, Scott
24 Hodgins, Chris
25 Monette, Joe
26 Reid, Sean
27 Park, Joe
28 Gauthier, Dave
29 Foster, T.J.
30 Washkurak, Joel
31 Marley, Mike
32 Wilson, Ben
33 Pryde, Mike
34 Cairns, Mike
35 Ferguson, Scott
39 Ferguson, Seth
44 Carnegie, Chris
55 McInchak, Mike
gensrock
gensrock

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:55 am

Don't blame the ref's or the coach(only misstake he didn't start Dislavo) there's only one person to blame and that is Kevin Bailie a 3rd year goalie and hasn't shown any signs of improvement,he looked like a fish out of water,if Dislavo was in net we would of won the game,and if everybody thinking next year is going to our year, think again because if Kevin Bailie is your #1 goalie or even a backup we are not going anywhere.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:00 am

Oshawa fan wrote:
Gensfan_118 wrote:Well, a typical effort under the current coach. Play great for 20 minutes and pack it in for the other 40 (not necessarily in that order though). What could he have said in that 2nd intermission to get them to come out that flat.

Or is it possible the Gens just ran out of gas after 3 games in less than 72 hours. London played Thursday and Friday at home so they were rested.

Certainly there were defensive mistakes made and a couple of weak goals but I would be more inclined to blame that on a young team than the coach.

Too many penalties again even if there were questionable calls. Sometimes you have to beat the referees too.

There certainly were some bright spots. Berger's powerplay goal was a nicely practiced play. Perhaps the coaches had something to do with that.

A poor excuse 3 games in less than 72 hrs,Kingston had 3 also(3 evening games)won there 1st game fought back for a point in there 2nd and in there 3rd won the game

Lessio and Jenner both worked really hard killing the major penalty with Lessio getting the goal.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:13 am

Since when did Kingston become a barometer of success? They're a team in complete disarray (as usual) and they managed to actually play a rare strong game on Sunday against Saginaw and you're taking this rare solid effort and trying to use this to say that we should strive to be as successful as the Frontenacs? Kingston is only good on paper.

Also, Kingston didn't win on Friday, they lost 8-6 to Guelph.

Any Kingston fan would love to trade teams with Oshawa right now.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:10 pm

hockeybeats wrote:Since when did Kingston become a barometer of success? They're a team in complete disarray (as usual) and they managed to actually play a rare strong game on Sunday against Saginaw and you're taking this rare solid effort and trying to use this to say that we should strive to be as successful as the Frontenacs? Kingston is only good on paper.

Also, Kingston didn't win on Friday, they lost 8-6 to Guelph.

Any Kingston fan would love to trade teams with Oshawa right now.

Oops my mistake I'm not saying kingston of a barometer of success ,it was posted that the Gen's may have been tired for a 3 game weekend and that's a poor excuse and that's why I used Kingston as an example.
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by goalie gal Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:11 pm

How can you even think of comparing us to Kingston. We are so much further ahead than them. The plan we have put in place will benefit us in the long run . Kingston made too many trades. They have a goalie who's a nut case and thinks every forward is out to get him. Stokes and jones really need help arguing with fans. Conor should know better and Gundbranson. the older one well he just needs a good kick in the ass for his play. what he did was not called for. We are soooo much better than that. Comparing us to them is an insult

goalie gal

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Does anyone have or know where I can find a video of the Lessio goal against London?

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:00 pm

steamed wrote:
Oops my mistake I'm not saying kingston of a barometer of success ,it was posted that the Gen's may have been tired for a 3 game weekend and that's a poor excuse and that's why I used Kingston as an example.

It may be a poor excuse in your opinion but to play a night game followed by an afternoon game is a challenge especially after playing a game the night before and meeting a team that is better rested as London was. It showed as the game went on the Gens were more tired than their opponents.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Oshawa fan wrote:
steamed wrote:

It may be a poor excuse in your opinion but to play a night game followed by an afternoon game is a challenge especially after playing a game the night before and meeting a team that is better rested as London was. It showed as the game went on the Gens were more tired than their opponents.

So what's the excuss for last weekend games Kingston, Ottawa and Sudbury they were all evening games.they got too much rest Laughing
steamed
steamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next