Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congrats to 2 former GENS + 1 MORE ?

4 posters

Go down

Congrats to 2 former GENS + 1 MORE ? Empty Congrats to 2 former GENS + 1 MORE ?

Post by Gens Camper Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Well David Corrente and Justin Shugg will both play in the OHL final plus the Memorial Cup

After tonight if Owen Sound can beat Windsor tonight (I hope) then Mike Zador will be in the OHL final and Memorial Cup as well

Congrats to all -

Well the player that former GENS GM Brad Sellwood had no use for Justin Shugg will play in his 3rd Memorial Cup in a row

Maybe next year we should try and get Justin back to the GENS and maybe we will go to the Memorial Cup

I think Justin is an OA next year

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Congrats to 2 former GENS + 1 MORE ? Empty Re: Congrats to 2 former GENS + 1 MORE ?

Post by jaycro Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:10 pm

Justin has "grown/matured" over the years. Initially, he was hesitant to come here as he was unhappy with the "package" he was being offered. He did not impress as a first rounder during his brief stint here, but he certainly developed into a scoring machine over time, very much like Taylor Carnevale, another talent we couldn't keep. Wouldn't they have both looked good here this year?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Congrats to 2 former GENS + 1 MORE ? Empty Re: Congrats to 2 former GENS + 1 MORE ?

Post by Gens Camper Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:50 am

How many 16 yr olds with limited ice develop the way they should

He would have been fine with time

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chamoo Sun May 01, 2011 2:16 am

Gens Camper wrote:How many 16 yr olds with limited ice develop the way they should

He would have been fine with time

There was a feeling right from the start that Shugg and management didn't see eye to eye. He always seemed to be left out, and every single trade rumor involved him.

Chamoo

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon May 02, 2011 2:24 pm

So you give him away for Ryan Baldwin

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Mon May 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Gens Camper wrote:So you give him away for Ryan Baldwin

Lets not forget Michal Neuvirth Camper...he was part of that deal as well, and many Gens fans were very happy to see him arrive. He got injured and things didn't work out as planned. Now you reduce the trade Shrugg for Baldwin. I'm willing to bet that a healthy Neuvirth and a Memorial Cup would have changed your Shrugg for Baldwin thoughts.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue May 03, 2011 3:22 pm

You forget we gave up Dale Mitchell as well as a goalie plus a pick plus 16 yr old in Shugg - for Ryan Baldwin and Neuvirth

Neuvirth was injured in the World champion ships and came to us as damaged goods - and no one can convince me we could have beat the BULLS with Murphy in net.

It was a bad trade that set us back - thankfully our GM today would not do that - eg this yr we get an OA goalie for a 5th rd pick

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Tue May 03, 2011 8:02 pm

I didn't forget about Mitchell...I never said what the deal was. You said Shugg for Baldwin and I merely pointed out that wasn't the case. If you ask the Gens and the Spitfires, they would tell you Mitchell was not part of that deal, the Mitch trade was a seperate deal Shocked

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed May 04, 2011 9:28 am

If that is the case - help me remember what we got for Mitchell

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed May 04, 2011 10:32 am

Exactly, Gens Camper!!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Wed May 04, 2011 10:34 am

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed May 04, 2011 10:47 am

Actually, Mitchell was acquired fro a second round pick that the Gens sent to Windsor as part of the Neuvirth/ Baldwin deal so I think he was really part of that deal and the 2nd was a "placeholder", truth be told. As Yogi Berra used to say, " it's too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence"!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Wed May 04, 2011 11:16 am

Jayco, no one is arguing. I agree with you, thus my 'shock face' at the end of the post. What you are saying is against the rules (again I believe that is what happened too), but Shocked The Gens and Spitfiers will tell you they are seperate deals, heck, so will the OHL Shocked

The bottom line and reason for my post, was the comment the Shrugg was traded for Baldwin, and that wasn't the case.

TipcoSr

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed May 04, 2011 11:34 am

Exactly, Tipco! Dead on!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Wed May 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Next ? - that 2nd rd pick - do we still have it if so we have 2 2nds - not sure

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed May 04, 2011 5:30 pm

Shawn Cayley is quoted in an earlier thread (below-'OHL draft 2011....) as stating we have Windsor's, but not our own!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down