Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens announcing captain and alternate captains tomorrow

+4
Gens Camper
archer_gens
Gens Fan 112
generalsfan
8 posters

Go down

Gens announcing captain and alternate captains tomorrow Empty Gens announcing captain and alternate captains tomorrow

Post by generalsfan Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:32 pm

As part of a press conference Tuesday at 4:30 pm, the Gens will announce this year's captain, alternate captains and unveil the 75th anniversary jerseys they will wear this season.

Here is the piece on the Gens website about it. You can also enter a draw to attend the press conference tomorrow.

http://bit.ly/nBbMAE

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Gens announcing captain and alternate captains tomorrow Empty Re: Gens announcing captain and alternate captains tomorrow

Post by Gens Fan 112 Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:50 pm

Seems a little premature since we can't know where everyone will be this year................but just for fun;

C - Andreoff
Alternates, if they go with the home alternates and road alternates, some combination of Maggio, Suellentrop, Jensen, Berger, Jenner, Thomas.

I guess this is the final word on Calvin, since the Gens used the words "new captain" on their website. Interesting that they already have the roster posted............does this mean there won't be any try-outs this year? Wink

Any news on the training camp sched would be greatly appreciated........
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Gens announcing captain and alternate captains tomorrow Empty Re: Gens announcing captain and alternate captains tomorrow

Post by archer_gens Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Berger will not be back.

Andreoff and Maggio will not be named A's or C's

Berger was an OA and is not elligible, the other two are not guranteed to be back. They will probably leave an A open for a reutrning player, because it is possible dehaan valentine maggio or andreoff will be back.

Thats my guess at least.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:28 pm

Look for Jenner to be named

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:50 pm

I say Valentine with Andreoff, Thomas and Jenner as A's...with a possibility of Maggio.

I have never seen an announcement on captain/assistants so early before. My guess is that they have already been in contact with NHL teams and are already aware that any eligable players who could possible not return after training camps in September, will be returned.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Right...........forgot Berger was an OA.

I agree it makes sense to hold open a spot for a returning player, but I question whether or not they would make this announcement if there was any hope at all of Calvin coming back..............is there any possibility at all that the team was dissatisfied with Calvins leadership?
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:01 pm

Congrats to Boone - Logical Long Term choice.
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Very surprised naming Valentine and Andreoff as A's since technichally there is a chance neither returns. Generals must know more then we do.

I dislike the jerseys very much.

archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by dewitl Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm not a fan of the commemorative jerseys either. I'm so used to seeing the logo in red, white and blue that it's weird to see it in yellow and black. I like the red and blue striping on the older jerseys as opposed to just the white striping on the 75th red jersey. I do like the old black and yellow jerseys (from the 60's I think) but they look too much like Kingston's jerseys now. Maybe that's why I don't like yellow and black. Laughing I much prefer my red 70th anniversary jersey.

dewitl

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 116
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by the croc Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:30 am

I remember the black, gold and white in 1965-1966 the memorial cup year. They were Boston Bruin property as were the Niagara Falls Flyers/Barrie Flyers. Personally I liked the early GM sweaters that they wore a couple of years ago since GM had a very big part in the team in the early days.I wondered about announcing anything this early although with the Gens not active in the trade market I guess it gets people interested again/still. Can hardly wait. Is there info on home exhibition games? Any other word about parking costs if you use the Mary Street garage?

the croc

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dewitl Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:06 pm

According to a schedule I have from early June, it looks like there are two home exhibition games- Sept. 14 and 18 (against Belleville and Peterborough). It's listed under the home schedule so I'm assuming they aren't doing a home game that's not at the GM Centre like last year.

As for parking, they started event parking last year for some events and concerts at the garage on Mary St. If it's the same, they had people at both entrances charging $5 as you went in and then the gates were up when we left. It sucks to have to pay more, but I'll pay the $5 for the convenience of parking inside and not having to search for a spot.

dewitl

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 116
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down