Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jenson signed

+7
ohagan
gmc 118
archer_gens
bologna
gensfan4life3232
jaycro
steamed
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jenson signed Empty Jenson signed

Post by steamed Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Vancover signed Jensen to an NHL entry level contract...
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Jenson signed Empty Re: Jenson signed

Post by jaycro Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:36 am

I wonder if there is anything to read into two new names on the team list on the Gens website. I see John Urbanic and Bradley LaTour now listed there and both are listed as RW's which is the position Jensen plays. A coincidence? Maybe, maybe not! Perhaps the Gens are preparing for Jensen not returning or perhaps they just need bodies with Jensen, Thomas and Andreoff not yet returning. Should we panic?

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:56 am

Tommorrows game in kingston will tell alot about what our season will is going to look like.We either stand out and look good against a week fronts team or because all our top players are not returning like we all hoped it will be a bust.Our goaltending is shaky,our defence needs help,and our top players are makin it big......Should we panic??? ......Ask that question again tommorrow after our season opener and I shall have a better answer for ya.

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:19 am

well kingston played tonight against barrie and lost 7-4 so maybe they will be tired tomorrow's night's game.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bologna Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:08 am

way to much panic going on right now....niagara lost 7-1 to the petes last night ...im sure there not as worried as you guys right now

bologna

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:50 am

Petes have there team back, Icedogs didn't.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Vancouver Canucks sign first-round draft pick Nicklas Jensen

by
Jeff Paterson
on
September 22, 2011
at
3:00 PM

Apparently the Vancouver Canucks liked what they saw from Nicklas Jensen in his National Hockey League preseason debut. The 18-year-old scored the winner and also had an assist in a 4-3 victory over the Calgary Flames on Tuesday night and today has signed a three-year entry level contract with the hockey club. At 6’3”, the big winger certainly didn’t look out of place in exhibition action and the hope is he will one day develop into a power forward at the NHL level.

Jensen, who was selected 29th overall in June’s NHL draft, won’t play in tonight’s preseason game in Edmonton and he won’t make the big league club this year. But the contract shows the Canucks’ commitment to the youngster who will return to his Ontario Hockey League team in Kitchener with the hopes of improving on his 29 goal, 58 point season of a year ago.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:32 pm

I hope he doesn't return to KITCHENER!!! Not really panicking about Jensen; just a little "tongue in cheek" comment.. I guess I was a little too subtle!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gmc 118 Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:05 am

jaycro wrote:I hope he doesn't return to KITCHENER!!! Not really panicking about Jensen; just a little "tongue in cheek" comment.. I guess I was a little too subtle!

Before you get a little excited and think that this signing means jensen may end up in vancouver sooner than later, i think its a little overreacting, the canucks also signed frank corrado a sudbury wolves d-man who they drafted in the fifth round.Maybe with the cba ending at the end of this nhl season, teams and players are wanting to get a deal done.
gmc 118
gmc 118

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Watching hockey night in canada and jensen is in the line-up for the 2nd game of ducks vs. canucks...So i guess this means he wont be in the line-up tommorrow for us.I figured not,so go gettem jensen.!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Major cuts and re assignments tonight, as chicago starts there training camp tmrw. Cuts are expected very late tonight.

Last edited by archer_gens on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:34 am

Nicklas Jensen got an assist tonight vs the sharks on a Powerplay goal..hes really doing well out there,im really happy for him!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ohagan Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:58 pm

According to Shawn Caley tweet, Jensen will be returned to the General's by the end of the week.

ohagan

Number of posts : 360
Seat Section : 119 standing room
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:15 am

Coach mentioned during the Blast off BBQ that Jensen will be back with the Generals this week. Hopefully that is the case.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Theres an article floating around he's heading back, but only after the team finishes the next to ex games.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:45 pm

well i think its becoming pretty clear guys , that this year's team has the best chance of advancing in the playoffs , making a run for it , since next year we won't very likely have jensen , and possible jenner , as well of course no valentine ., for those who think next year is our year , you may want to re evaluate your position . the pros are taking away players younger every year it seems , it really sucks , since one rarely sees a team really develop for 4 yrs , it seems to be a constant state of rebuilding , retooling .

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:52 pm

it has really caught me off guard losing Andreoff , i was really counting on that line of jensen and lesio to be a killer this year , really disappointed , it frustrates me , i can only imagine how frustrating it must be to the coaching staff , sure they will say the right thing like they are happy for the player etc , but in terms of our league it stinks , and sorry but like a lot of you guys we are paying big bucks now to watch what is becoming more and more like minor hockey .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:52 pm

mygens wrote:it has really caught me off guard losing Andreoff , i was really counting on that line of jensen and lesio to be a killer this year , really disappointed , it frustrates me , i can only imagine how frustrating it must be to the coaching staff , sure they will say the right thing like they are happy for the player etc , but in terms of our league it stinks , and sorry but like a lot of you guys we are paying big bucks now to watch what is becoming more and more like minor hockey .

Where did you find this info about Andreoff? last I heard he was sent down to LA's farm team.Dosn't he still has to make it there and sign a contract?
There is still a chance that he is returned to the Gen's.
Let's hope
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:51 pm

your right Steamed , there a slim chance he may be back , i think it all depends if he signs a contract , it seems to me they would offer him a better contract next year , if he plays with the gens this year and improves again on last years performance , two big years in a row in junior would bring him more money in his first contract i would think , since he's not a first round pick , i could easily see andy get 40 goals and 90 points playing with lesio and jensen a whole season ! The way i see it he has lots of time to take on the men in the AHL , why rush it ? why not hone his offensive skills more in Oshawa .....just my 2 cents worth .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:54 pm

on a positive note , this uvira kid looks like he could slip right into last years swiss kid position on the line with jenner , and thomas !!!!

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:58 pm

sure they will say the right thing like they are happy for the player etc , but in terms of our league it stinks , and sorry but like a lot of you guys we are paying big bucks now to watch what is becoming more and more like minor hockey .

Players that aren't OA's have to go straight to the NHL and can't go to the AHL. If players are being picked younger and younger for the NHL, the opposite of what you said is true - these top junior players are one step below the NHL instead of two because they won't play minor pro. So you are currently watching players that are almost NHL-calibre when they're 18. I saw Sidney Crosby play in Gatineau for $13 and the following year, I saw the Penguins/Sens @ the Corel Centre for $33 (the very last row!). Regardless, never assume any player is sticking with an NHL club until they've played nine regular season NHL games.

As for OA's that can make the AHL, that's just something we have to accept. Graduating multiple players to the next level makes a junior team a winner even if that isn't demonstrated in the standings. That's what it's all about.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:04 am

Hmmmm well , we lose 18 and 19 yr olds to NHL , and we haven't won many hockey games , sorry but I don't feel like a winner ! The NHL is also getting too young for that matter , 18 year old millionaires that have only played 2 yrs of junior , please, it's all screwed up , I know its not going to change , but I don't have to like it , I prefered the ohl when the teams had more 19 and 20 yr olds , it's not like I justed started watching the game , I've been a ohl supporter for 35 yrs .

mygens

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Just checked the line-up for tonights game vs. the sharks and Jensen is in the line-up,i guess he wont be in our line-up tommorrow,that sucks i was hoping he would be!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:38 pm

As far as I know he will head back shortly after tonights game, what that means I don't know. Just remember reading they were keeping him until the game tonight then sending him back. Doubtful he will be in our line up tmrw, maybe meet the team in erie who knows. My guess is he's back for the gens 5th game.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:04 pm

@Oshawa_Generals Twitter:

The @VanCanucks have returned Nicklas Jensen to the Oshawa Generals after a solid pre-season. Welcome back Jens!

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next