Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many games will Christian Thomas be suspended?

+8
ag48
Gens Fan 112
gensrock
LX
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
archer_gens
steamed
KHE
12 posters

Go down

How many games will Christian Thomas be suspended? Empty How many games will Christian Thomas be suspended?

Post by KHE Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:55 am

Anybody want to take a guess... I'll say 25

We should know by the end of today

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

How many games will Christian Thomas be suspended? Empty Re: How many games will Christian Thomas be suspended?

Post by steamed Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:11 pm

KHE wrote:Anybody want to take a guess... I'll say 25

We should know by the end of today

What 25 games Shocked theres no way I say 2 games
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

How many games will Christian Thomas be suspended? Empty Re: How many games will Christian Thomas be suspended?

Post by archer_gens Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:32 pm

No way 25 or they never would have announced him for the super series, to me that means a max of 7 games.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Normally a 2 handed swinging stick to the eye area would get more than 7 games. I did end up seeing the incident on an iPhone. I think you may be surprised as to what he gets. Don't get me wrong... I hope he gets 2... but it's pretty vicious.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:01 pm

at least till christmas / it was an act that was spured thru frustration

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by LX Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:04 pm

10 games.............

LX

Number of posts : 190
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:12 pm

LX wrote:10 games.............

Well.. I'll take it. This perhaps will be an opportunity for Laughton to take on a larger roll.

KHE

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:14 pm

gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:18 pm

Thomas / Dips does a good job of persuading that it was not intentional

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:19 pm

O well, does the superseries game count? thus he would miss only 9 Gens games? I assume he is no longer elligible to play that game.

p.s. from the video posted I don't think that's worth 10 games at all

maybe seen live, or from a better angle, or quality i would think different
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Fan 112 Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:50 pm

He is extremely lucky he did not injure the player. It was a blind, 2-handed swing that in my estimation was out of frustration from being taken down.

There is a serious lack of discipline on this team that needs to be addressed. This team is playing a selfish brand of hockey right now.
Gens Fan 112
Gens Fan 112

Number of posts : 900
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:15 pm

I can tell you there is a serious lack of leadership in that room

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Back to top Go down

Post by ag48 Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:19 pm

I agree with Gens Fan 112 undicipline and selfish play. I'm new to the forum and new season ticket holder, but have been a Gens fan since the early 70's. Hope things improve but the team has to play as a team and that starts with good coaching.

ag48

Number of posts : 75
Seat Section : 114
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Saw it at the game and on tv.
I feel he is lucky to have only gotten 10 games.
Undisciplined play once again by a member of the Gens is going to cost us once again.
Time for the coaching staff to step up and penalize these players internally as well and this might cut down on some of these stupid plays that result in player suspensions.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by dewitl Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:22 pm

I saw the play live and it was quite bad. A swing to the head of another player deserves the 10 games he got. I think Christian is awesome and this incident was not like him, but frustration or not, it was a dangerous play.

dewitl

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 116
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayes#21 Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:03 pm

I guess our team hasn't got the messege yet?????
Undisiciplined actions = 10 games.

I bet Laughton is next.

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by federo5 Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Gens Fan 112 wrote:He is extremely lucky he did not injure the player. It was a blind, 2-handed swing that in my estimation was out of frustration from being taken down.

There is a serious lack of discipline on this team that needs to be addressed. This team is playing a selfish brand of hockey right now.

I said that two suspensions ago. Gens guy told me I had an agenda against the coach, LOL. Maybe we watch and appriciate different things. All I know is this team has way too much talent to play so badly and inconsistant and undisclplined. One suspension, ok thats heat of the moment but how many is this now already in the young season? I have honestly lost count. Children are a biproduct of there parents. Thats not to say someone with a good upbringing won't periodically commit a hanest act or crime.It happens. But if this is a consistant pattern of behaviour for many kids it must be the parenting no? Where is the positive influences here?. How many more suspensions do we need before we should start disclplining the parents of this team for there childrens actions. Its frustrating to say the generation of players as talented as they are, a team built from the trade of Tavaras to the gamble on Lessio ect is once again going to underachieve because of a lack of managerial leadership behind the bench. BOOOOOOOOOO to that

federo5

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down