Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christian Thomas to be in action tonight.....

3 posters

Go down

Christian Thomas to be in action tonight..... Empty Christian Thomas to be in action tonight.....

Post by KHE Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:47 pm

I'm sure Christian will be happy to be on the ice tonight in Ottawa for the OHL Super Series against Russia. It will be nice to have him back in the lineup next weekend.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Christian Thomas to be in action tonight..... Empty Re: Christian Thomas to be in action tonight.....

Post by archer_gens Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Really? That's a joke, whether the suspension was just or not, and i'm happy for Christian cause I'm sure it means something to him to be playing. But come on Branch, next thing suspensions won't count for playoff games, just regular season.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Christian Thomas to be in action tonight..... Empty Re: Christian Thomas to be in action tonight.....

Post by KHE Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:33 pm

archer_gens wrote:Really? That's a joke, whether the suspension was just or not, and i'm happy for Christian cause I'm sure it means something to him to be playing. But come on Branch, next thing suspensions won't count for playoff games, just regular season.

I have read nothing stating he won't be in the lineup. You need to remember that this is just a "fun exhibition" series which is enabling the Team Canada brass to look at players that they may potentially invite to the camp in December.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Christian Thomas to be in action tonight..... Empty Thomas not playing tonight

Post by TipcoSr Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Thomas will not be in the lineup tonight. He is playing in the game in SSM on Nov 14, not tonights. No rules are being bent here, as he will have served his FULL 10 game suspension on Nov. 13. Branch is not doing anything other than following through on the suspension.

Here are the rosters for tonight and for the game on the 14th. http://www.subwaysuperseries.com/page/ohl-roster

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:52 pm

That makes sense to me.

Another question I have is has a player ever been suspended do to his actions during the Subway Super Series?

If not it would be interesting to see what would happen to a player that did something that would warrant a long term suspension.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:31 pm

archer_gens wrote:That makes sense to me.

Another question I have is has a player ever been suspended do to his actions during the Subway Super Series?

If not it would be interesting to see what would happen to a player that did something that would warrant a long term suspension.

It would also be interesting to see what would happen if a player that made Team Canada got suspended just before the Christmas tournament. Would he play in the tourney?

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Thats an international event so it would be up to the IIHF, so most likely. That tourny is not a CHL event, this is.

That being said if the suspension was for something that would cast any kind of shadow or ask questions of the tournaments credibility then the player would probably not be allowed to play.

archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down