Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a brutal schedule for our team

+4
generalsfan
Hayes#21
hockeybeats
Gens Camper
8 posters

Go down

What a brutal schedule for our team Empty What a brutal schedule for our team

Post by Gens Camper Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Did you ever look back at our schedule - 14 games from Oct 1 - Oct 30 - 28 days that is a game every 2 days - BRUTAL

So brutal schedule plus over 40 games in suspensions and your top scorer in Thomas out for 10 games

No wonder we can't get consistancy - this is not an excuse BUT better days ahead

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

What a brutal schedule for our team Empty Re: What a brutal schedule for our team

Post by hockeybeats Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:26 pm

The OHL schedule maker was not kind to the Generals at all this year. The Gens have played three more games than most other teams in the East and have 3 games in 3 nights this upcoming weekend (after a rare Tuesday night game) AND the following weekend again.

This is going to make things really tough later when the Gens need points and everyone else will be making up their games in hand.

I agree with Gens Camper, it's not an excuse but it certainly hasn't helped.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

What a brutal schedule for our team Empty Re: What a brutal schedule for our team

Post by Hayes#21 Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:21 pm

I was thinking , perhaps Rebull or 5 hour energy,can sponsor us, with this schedule???? Very Happy

Hayes#21

Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:30 pm

Quite a change from the last few seasons where it was often the Gens with the games in hand. The Gens had six 3 in 3's last season. By the end of November, they will already be at 4 this season.

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Gotta find a plus somewhere....we end the season with two games at home Very Happy But they are Saturday and Sunday Crying or Very sad against Mississauga and Peterborough Shocked

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:59 pm

good points , i was thinking these 3 games in 3 nights are killers , but it is what it is , just have to suck it up i guess ?......hopefully our schedule will balance out in the second half of the season , one positive thing is these kids are going to get in shape

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:19 pm

I just took a look and it is not getting any better over the next couple weeks. If you look at this weekend and next (to Nov 20) the Gens play 6 games (most of anyone). After next weekend (Nov 20), the Gens will have played 27 games. Sudbury only 21, Belleville and Barrie 22, Peterborough, Brampton and Niagara 23 and Ottawa, Kingston and Mississauga 24.

That's NUTS!!!!!!!

With the OHL being somewhat of a weekend league, you would think that team games played would only be seperated by one, maybe two at the most, not six, five, four and three. This is totally crazy.

The Gens will finally get on the roll we all know they should be and it will be time for catch up and they will not play. Wow that ticks me off.

Oh well, Give em Hell ..... Go Gens Go!!!

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Well this time last week the coach would have been blamed for the schedule so at least the subject on here is changing a little cheers
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by mygens Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:13 pm

does make you wonder how this scheduling happened ? , we better start winning some games guys or we will really be digging ourselves a hole here without the ability to dig out of. thomas is back sunday that will help !

mygens

Number of posts : 856
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Yea but the schedule is put together by the GM and approved by the GM Shocked
Thomas is not back until next friday

Gens-southern-fanclub

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:28 pm

Gens-southern-fanclub wrote:Yea but the schedule is put together by the GM and approved by the GM Shocked
Thomas is not back until next friday

Touch over simplyfied don't you think! Two Teams every game - travel schedules - ice time constraints - are cleaning people available - These are obviously the four most important things to think about!
blakejo
blakejo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:32 pm

So you are telling me one of the reasons Dips approves or disapproves the schedule is because he does not have cleaning people available. really are you that naive. He has a calendar that tells him of the days available and from there he puts a schedule together with the league. Shame on the GMC if they have taken to many dates in the spring I do not know but this schedule is front loaded with games. Maybe he thought he could get out ahead of everyone and coast the rest of the way. Who knows what he was thinking

Gens-southern-fanclub

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Gens-southern-fanclub wrote:So you are telling me one of the reasons Dips approves or disapproves the schedule is because he does not have cleaning people available. really are you that naive. He has a calendar that tells him of the days available and from there he puts a schedule together with the league. Shame on the GMC if they have taken to many dates in the spring I do not know but this schedule is front loaded with games. Maybe he thought he could get out ahead of everyone and coast the rest of the way. Who knows what he was thinking

Okay that was a joke - come on! I was naive once again to think folks have a sense of humour - my bad.
blakejo
blakejo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Trust me I have a sense of humor Laughing

Gens-southern-fanclub

Back to top Go down

Post by hockeybeats Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:58 pm

Funny someone said that at this time last week, De Piero would have been blamed for the scheduling. I thought that was pretty funny. And now, it's actually happening! Amazing!

Each individual team in consultation with the arena sends its available dates and preferences. The league makes the schedule and does its best to reconcile everyone's interests. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. The Gens did not get their way at all this year.

Be serious:

Why would the Gens want so many early season games? Firstly, they had a lot of their best players away at various NHL camps. Teams with lots of drafted players want as few games as possible up to the point where NHL teams have played 10 regular season games in the hope that their best players miss the least amount of time.

From a business perspective, attendance always picks up in December. They want as few home games as possible games in October and November.

It's a pretty safe assumption that nobody from the Generals, from those responsible for sales and marketing to hockey operations could possibly have wanted this many early games. Why would any sane person want that?

Let's stop making assumptions that make no sense.

hockeybeats

Number of posts : 1131
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:01 pm

It's Branch's Fault

Gens-southern-fanclub

Back to top Go down

Post by blakejo Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Maybe the Cleaning folks were only available in October and November (ha).

............Waits for Gens-southern-fanclub to bite affraid

Last edited by blakejo on Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
blakejo
blakejo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:06 pm

No they were only available in October and November

Gens-southern-fanclub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down