Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gens vs Guelph

+2
archer_gens
dewitl
6 posters

Go down

Gens vs Guelph Empty Gens vs Guelph

Post by dewitl Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Well, the boards have been quiet and nobody started a game day thread yet, so I guess I'll get it started. It was nice to see a win this afternoon. I've been impressed with Scott Laughton these last few games and I hope he can keep up the great play. I liked that they switched up the power play late in the game and took Christian off the point. I really like Petgrave on the poweplay with Christian near the net where he can try to take advantage of his great hands.

With Mississauga losing today, the Gens slip into 7th. Let's hope the Gens can put together some more wins and keep themselves in a playoff spot!! Tuesday's game against the Petes is now huge! Go Gens Go!

dewitl

Number of posts : 50
Seat Section : 116
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Gens vs Guelph Empty Re: Gens vs Guelph

Post by archer_gens Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Can move up to 6th Tuesday!

Good Game Today.

Must Wins against the Petes and Majors this week. Can't surrender points to either club as I believe it will be the Petes, Majors or Gens missing the playoffs. I really feel the Bulls will get a spot.

Nice to see Thomas returning to form, Laughton is gonna be fun long term to watch. I hate that the coaching staff refuses to play Clark more. He always looks so good to me when he is on the ice.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Oshawa fan Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 pm

archer_gens wrote:
I hate that the coaching staff refuses to play Clark more. He always looks so good to me when he is on the ice.

I'm not sure who you take off the top 3 lines if you move Clark up. He did get a few extra shifts but the guys ahead are simply put better players.

I thought Laughton had a strong game today. Also Graves played well.

Oshawa fan

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:10 am

Thats your opinion. I'm fine with that, but I could easily find a spot in the top 3 lines especially with Jenner and Labardo out.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:45 pm

I thought Clark really energized that line when he was out there

Jensen needs time on the pine - not sure what the coach said after the second period but - Jensen made a hit and a pass

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Yeah, Jensen is not as noticeable out there this year. Good on the pk, but that's about it. He needs to go to the net more.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by gensrock Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:45 pm

well Jensen did get "poped" early in the 1st behind the net.....maybe it threw his game off...or other teams know what he tends to do and they cover him.
As for Clark.....what can you say he is a totaly team guy.....he knows his roll on the team & he will never get top minutes unless someone from this message board becomes Coach! which also will never happen.

overall though they have been playing good hockey in general since Xmas.
gensrock
gensrock

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down