Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Niagara VS Gens

+7
archer_gens
fishfan51
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
generalsfan
jaycro
Gens_Fan_22
Gens Camper
11 posters

Go down

Niagara VS Gens Empty Niagara VS Gens

Post by Gens Camper Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:04 am

Well this is our 5th game in 7 days - good news is we have won 3 of the 4 so far

Does anyonne know how long Jenner will be our as we need everyone at their top to play these top DOGS

I believe they should win the East - my hope is we can make a game of it

Niagara has the # 1 Power play and # 1 penalty kill - also can kill with short handed goals

Oh if Niagara needs anymore help - Hamiton is back tonight

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Niagara VS Gens Empty Re: Niagara VS Gens

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:25 pm

Ii heard Jenner has concussion like symptoms the first game he was scratched.....and heard last night that he is gone for the rest of the season.
Will have to wait and see if this is true or not.
Generals need to play thier best game of the season and get these 2 points.
Who will start in net....Bailie 3 in 3 or do they go with Altshuller who has had a good rest and has something to prove and get back into the nets again. Will be interesting to see who they go with.

Gens_Fan_22

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:58 pm

GENS to face best team in the league tonight.....NIAGERA ICE DOGS!!!...

They only have 12 NHL drafted players on thier team,5 starting players from team canada,best Powerplay & penelty kill in the league,best goal tender in the league and oh yeah i almost forgot...they beat the majors the other day 11-0. A team we lost to 5-2.

And how bout 1 more crazy stat just for fun,they have outscored thier opponents 40-7 in the last 8 games...Mark Visentin,Niagera's goalie, two time Team Canada member at the World Junior Championships was recently named goaltender of the month. In January, he won all 7 of his starts and racked up 3 straight shutouts, allowing only 6 goals the entire month. His shutout last night against the Colts brings his seasonal total to 9.Plus yes they have Dougie back as well..

As for the gens,we are coming off a shootout victory over kingston and a sub par performance against the majors and another 3 games in 3 nights..The team will be tired from going into extra time last night and if they play Bailey tonight for the 3rd straight game i think the dogs are just gonna eat him alive and fill the net,but they would most likelly do that with alltshullier too.And if the loss of jenner for the rest of the year is true then im sorry i dont hold much hope for this team going forward...SORRY!!! But GO GENS GO anyways!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Bailie has been good recently but I'd like to see Altshuller in. One thing that needs urgent attention is the power play...two for twelve the last two games and they look inept. We do better 5 on 5! I hope they hire someone to implement an effective pp next year. The talk last summer was all about the proliferation of scorers on this team. I think someone mis-read many of these players. They have a ton of talent but scorers/snipers they are not. Thet get golden opportunities but frequently fail to finish. They are not a young bunch of first and second year players like Kingston. I can see a group like that missing chances... third and fourth year players...notso much! I'm "afeared" of what may happen tonight vs.the Icedogs. Niagara cleans Mississauga's clock who then turn around and beat us! Look out boys!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by generalsfan Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:06 pm

I'm really hoping this will be one of those games (like the 2 games we have coming up against London) where we elevate our game big time since we're playing one of the best in the league. It would be nice to be walking out of the GM Centre tonight saying "if only we could play like that all the time!"

Erie have come up with some great team efforts against the best teams and have been able to win some of those games. Hopefully we can too. The flip side is maybe there will also be some playing down to the opposition as we've seen many times here. I doubt it since Niagara seems to be a very well oiled machine right now and they are fighting for 1st in the conference, but tonight would be a great time for an over confident, we won't have to do much to win this one, sub-par effort from them. Very Happy

Niagara have scored the most goals in our conference, have let in the fewest in the whole league and as a few have pointed out already, they have the best special teams. And then there's that whole Visentin having 5 shutouts in his last 8 games thing. Laughing Wouldn't it be nice to have conference success like your 5 shutouts being 9-0 over Peterborough, 6-0 over Belleville, 3-0 over Brampton, 11-0 over Mississauga and 3-0 over Barrie. Go Gens! Very Happy

generalsfan

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Gens_Fan_22 wrote:Ii heard Jenner has concussion like symptoms the first game he was scratched.....and heard last night that he is gone for the rest of the season.
Will have to wait and see if this is true or not.
Generals need to play thier best game of the season and get these 2 points.
Who will start in net....Bailie 3 in 3 or do they go with Altshuller who has had a good rest and has something to prove and get back into the nets again. Will be interesting to see who they go with.

Boone is serious , Altshuller will start tonight

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by fishfan51 Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:12 pm

As a Dog fan we have watched the Generals with interest all season long wondering when they were going to get rolling. We know they have a lot of talent and figured like everyone it would be the Dogs, Gens and 67's for the Eastern crown. Even though they are lower in the standings, the buzz around Niagara (the fans anyway) is that we would prefer not to see the Gens in the first round of the playoffs. The only game between the two clubs this season was in Niagara and won by Oshawa. They looked very good that night.

As for the Dogs.... they are really rolling at the moment on both offence and defence. As mentioned earlier in the thread Visentin has 5 shut-outs in his last seven starts and tied the record for most shut-outs in a season with nine. But, it's not like he has been standing on his head. Don't get me wrong... he has made some big saves and looks very confident. But, the Dogs have not been giving up a lot of quality scoring chances.

The Dogs power-play has been lethal at times, and will get stronger with the return of Dougie Hamilton tonight. However, Brock Beukeboom left early last night in Barrie. I haven't heard the reason for his early departure. He just returned from yet another concussion last weekend.

With Visentin coming off of back to back shut-outs, I'd expect Marty to keep him in there and start Festerini in Erie on Wednseday night.
fishfan51
fishfan51

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:06 am

Gens kept it closer then I thought it would be. I enjoyed the game however spent most of the night waiting for us to lose lol. What can I say I wasn't a believer tonight from start to finish.

There was a few questionable calls and a few missed calls for both sides, if the Gens can play this way the rest of the year we can for sure make the playoffs.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:14 am

Second everything in the above post. Hard to win when you take a knife to a gunfight. But, they gave it a good effort!

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:18 am

Gens came out ready for this game and gave a great effort. I thought they played very well for playing 3 games in 3 nights. Too bad the refs were on Niagara's side tonight.
They need to play this way for the rest of the season and treat every game as if they were playing top teams.
I thought Bailie was fighting the puck in the first period and played a great second and third period. Penalties hurt us tongiht and the boys have to refrain from taking some stupid penalties.
All in all, a great effort by our boys.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Post by sportznut Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:30 am

Gens hung in there for the first 2 periods but Niagara owned the 3rd period. Still find Oshawa's play like behive hockey...players not skating to the open ice to recieve passes. Secondly, the difference in this game was the power play and puck control...Niagara ate us up in both areas. Lastly, why would you dump in chase with a powerplay and a goalie pulled... that literally blew me away...I think we gave Niagara 4 shots at the empty net till they finally netted one. That was a terrible coaching decision in my opinion. All in all it was a fast pace game and entertaining ..... Bailie was outstanding he definitely kept Oshawa in the game.

sportznut

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:40 am

We played a team with 5 Team Canada players - a goalie with 5 shut outs in his last 9 games and 12 drafted players, they outshot us 50- 26 and we are tied with less than 5 minutes to go in the game,. GREAT effort

I was hoping we could of held them off till OT

I think they are the best team in the East.

What bugged me the most about the game - if we had that kind of effort on Friday in Missy we could have won ther.

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Generalizations Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:45 pm

fishfan51 wrote:As a Dog fan we have watched the Generals with interest all season long wondering when they were going to get rolling. We know they have a lot of talent and figured like everyone it would be the Dogs, Gens and 67's for the Eastern crown. Even though they are lower in the standings, the buzz around Niagara (the fans anyway) is that we would prefer not to see the Gens in the first round of the playoffs. The only game between the two clubs this season was in Niagara and won by Oshawa. They looked very good that night.

As for the Dogs.... they are really rolling at the moment on both offence and defence. As mentioned earlier in the thread Visentin has 5 shut-outs in his last seven starts and tied the record for most shut-outs in a season with nine. But, it's not like he has been standing on his head. Don't get me wrong... he has made some big saves and looks very confident. But, the Dogs have not been giving up a lot of quality scoring chances.

The Dogs power-play has been lethal at times, and will get stronger with the return of Dougie Hamilton tonight. However, Brock Beukeboom left early last night in Barrie. I haven't heard the reason for his early departure. He just returned from yet another concussion last weekend.

With Visentin coming off of back to back shut-outs, I'd expect Marty to keep him in there and start Festerini in Erie on Wednseday night.

It's good to hear opinions from fans of other teams in the league. Fans commenting about another team mention what that other team has. It's too bad that fans in general mention what their team, but rather worry about what their team does not have.

Generalizations

Number of posts : 435
Seat Section : Section 120
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:13 pm

Jenner is going to skate today and tomorrow. Agnew said he should be back for Friday against Belleville.

Archer- your comment made me laugh! I thought the same thing throughout the game (as sad as that sounds), I was just waiting for the flood gate of goals to get open.

By far one of the best games I have seen them play all year. You would have never known that, that team was viaing for a playoff position. It's really to bad they can't , no wait, WON'T play like that every game. It's frustrating to watch them play a great game like that and then decide say on Friday against the Bulls, that they don't want to play and role over! Agnew mentioned on the radio this morning how they tend to play towards there opponent (which isn't good).

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by KHE Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:40 pm

5forfighting wrote:Jenner is going to skate today and tomorrow. Agnew said he should be back for Friday against Belleville.

If this is true that's very good news. I have heard nothing positive in regards to Boone's injury.

KHE

Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:50 pm

KHE-- All Agnew said on the radio today was that Boone passed a bunch of tests last week with flying colours and they would get him out skating this am and tomorrow and see how things went. He suspected he'd be back Friday. Enlight of all the stuff that has gone on with Sid, you never want to be to careful. I didn't even know Boone had a concussion up until then.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:09 pm

That's because all teams report is upper/lower body injury

Gens Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens_Fan_22 Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 pm

5forfighting-I reported Boone's concussion earlier in this thread.

Gens_Fan_22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down