Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Generals Scoring

5 posters

Go down

Generals Scoring  Empty Generals Scoring

Post by archer_gens Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:07 am

I was interested the other night in who is having better years in this department and who's not. Unfortunately these numbers have nothing to do with ice team received so you can't just go off the numbers alone when seeing who's having a better year.

Anyways just comparing Points per game of some of our top scorers this year vs last year.

2010-2011 vs 2011-2012 (Points per Game)

Thomas 1.50 vs 1.25
Andreoff 1.14 vs 1.20
Lessio .82 vs .89
Jensen .95 vs 1.07
Laughton .37 vs .80
Jenner 1.05 vs 1.14

What really surprises me is that only Thomas is scoring less per game then he did last season. I actually was thinking that only Andreoff and Laughton were having better years.

This year the Gens are scoring 3.6 goals a game vs 4.0 goals a game last year.
They have allowed 3.5 goals a games vs 3.5 goals a game last year.

Anyways I'm left scratching my head after looking at these numbers, guess we I need to stop blaming the defence so much.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Generals Scoring  Empty Re: Generals Scoring

Post by blakejo Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Is it at all possible (as you may have the data at your finger tips) to do the analysis from a snapshot of the day before the trade deadline when the three big acquisition were made on defence - might be interesting to see if the swaps have helped out much.
blakejo
blakejo

Number of posts : 68
Seat Section : 117
Registration date : 2010-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:42 pm

Defence before trade deadline 3.46/ gm
after trade deadline 3.10/ gm

Gens-southern-fanclub

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:44 pm

archer_gens wrote:Anyways I'm left scratching my head after looking at these numbers, guess we I need to stop blaming the defence so much.

Your right if we scored more goals than the other team, our defence or goaltending wouldn't be an issue Laughing
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:28 am

Gens-southern-fanclub wrote:Defence before trade deadline 3.46/ gm
after trade deadline 3.10/ gm

Not sure exactly what those numbers are, please explain what they are. From a team perspective, the Gens are scoring about the same since the trade deadline on Jan 10, but they are MUCH better on defence. The Gens played 41 games prior to the trade deadline scoring 148 goals, an average of 3.61 goals per game. They have since played 14 games scoring 50 goals for an average of 3.57 goals per game.

Now, how has the defensive trades changed the team? Well, prior to the trade deadline on Jan 10 the Gens played 41 games allowing 152 goals averaging 3.71 goals against per game. Since the deadline, the Gens have played 14 games allowing 43 goals averaging 3.07 goals against per game. That is HUGH. Over a 68 game schedule, that is saving 43+ goals!!!!!

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens-southern-fanclub Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 am

I didn't count the goals allowed by the PP or team goals which are 13. They have only given up I believe one since then and that was in Missy last Friday. Purely defensive goals

Gens-southern-fanclub

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down