Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rookie Camp

+2
archer_gens
5forfighting
6 posters

Go down

Rookie Camp Empty Rookie Camp

Post by 5forfighting Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:16 pm

I noticed someone had mentioned in a previous post that the gens had scheduled the rookie camp already--I must have missed the announcement, when is it?

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Rookie Camp Empty Re: Rookie Camp

Post by archer_gens Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:08 am

may 11th and 12th pretty sure
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 5forfighting Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:34 am

I just read some kids tweet (was a retweet) about him coming to Oshawa on May 10th weekend for the team Ontario under 17 camp. They wouldn't put them both on the same weekend would they? Unless one is on pad 1 and one is on pad 2.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Just posting what the Gens had said.

Theres no reason both events coudln't take place at the same time, unless of course any of our new players were also invited to the U17 camp.

archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue May 08, 2012 12:06 am

6 fri and 11:30 sat
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Tue May 08, 2012 2:55 am

cool im probably gonna go to the friday 1 since i cant go sat since i work on saturday
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mikekomisarek08 Tue May 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Who's running the rookie camp? At least the on ice stuff? Hunt?

mikekomisarek08

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue May 08, 2012 9:24 pm

guess we will see friday
archer_gens
archer_gens

Back to top Go down

Post by mikekomisarek08 Wed May 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Any chance Biggs attends the Rookie camp?

How about De Haas? I spoke to the father of one of his teammates and apparently he's NCAA bound for sure.

mikekomisarek08

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed May 09, 2012 12:38 pm

Yeah, I think DeHaas was strictly a 'flyer pick'.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Fri May 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Only saw the first period of tonight's first scrimmage but was impressed with Dal Colle. He seems to see the ice really well , knows where his linemates are and gets passes through to them. Number 18 also looked good along with 2 or 3 massive defencemen, Adair and Lavigne (not sure how well they played but they appear huge). Adair's weight at 250 must be a misprint, however. Anyone else see anything or anyone they liked? Lots of size overall! Comments?

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mikekomisarek08 Sun May 13, 2012 10:22 am

I took in the Saturday game. Good pace to start, quite sloppy in the second half. The white team seemed to outskate the red team and their goaltending was much better. I lost my lineup sheet so I don't rememeber all the names. On the white team, the goaltendind was solid. No complaint for both. You would think Appleby will be on the team next year. I noticed #4 (petschnig?) as their best D. The rest were ok but for right now, #4 is the only one that has a good chance to make the squad in Sept. #3 has decent size. #7 is tall and lanky but didn't do much. For forwards, #17 (dal cole) stood out and I can see why he was their first rounder. He's better than Cassels was at the rookie camp last year. Urbanic had some really good shifts. He looks good. Latour didn't impress me at all. #12 Manchurek showed some grit. I also like another good sized forward (#18) on the white team. Got his nose dirty and played well.

On the white team, the goaltending wasn't too hot, especially #30 (Washchurek). Bo was pretty good. Should battle for the backup spot. On D, some big bodies. #4 is huge but wasn't very mobile, or physical, or skilled. Certainly is a project and needs tons of help with his skating. #8 was almost as big but he's a player. Very gritty and skilled. NCAA bound I was told. #3 (McGuire) was ok, smaller than I remember altough he was listed at 6-1. Could crack the Gens in sept but is he also NCAA bound? #7 (Summers) isn't ready at all but had some poise with the puck. Looks better offensively than he does defensively. For the forwards, Cassels was pretty good but he did not dominate. I didn't see their 2nd pick McDade although he was on the roster. Must have gotten hurt. #10 was decent but needs to get faster. #12 has size but must get much faster and grittier. Some of these draft picks are real head scratchers. #18 was probably their second best forward.

I would guess most of the drafted guys and some of the FA will have an invite to the main camp if it's like previous years. Assuming 3 only F positions - DalColle for sure, Manchurek probably, Latour maybe, #18 I like a lot. On D, assuming 3 spots, #4 (petschenig), #3 (Maguire) and #8 (big sized D on red team) if they don't go Ncaa instead. any report on the friday game?

mikekomisarek08

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon May 14, 2012 12:02 pm

# 18 on the red team is Jared Dennis and I'm wondering if it's the same player that played on the Whalers,I don't think he played more than 5 games in 2 seasons for them.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon May 14, 2012 1:15 pm

The #18 that Mike Komisarek and made reference to was on the white team. Dennis was #18 on the red team and I think he might the Jared Dennis Plymouth drafted a couple of years ago in the 10th round although the birth dates don't match..listed as a '95 on Gens roster and a '94 when drafted three years ago!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by steamed Mon May 14, 2012 1:29 pm

jaycro wrote:The #18 that Mike Komisarek and made reference to was on the white team. Dennis was #18 on the red team and I think he might the Jared Dennis Plymouth drafted a couple of years ago in the 10th round although the birth dates don't match..listed as a '95 on Gens roster and a '94 when drafted three years ago!

I was going by what I got from jason there was no#18 listed on team white so I asumed it was on the red team.I didn't check birth dates just googled his name and that pop up
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mikekomisarek08 Mon May 14, 2012 5:03 pm

#18 on the red team was pretty good but I was refering to #18 on the white team. I don't know who he was though. I thought he looked good but I could be mistaken on the number.

Also heard rumblings of a discipline issue with some of the returning players for their morning work out on Friday morning. Twohey's not messing around if rumors are correct.

mikekomisarek08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down