Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OA's are a little clearer

+6
archer_gens
jaycro
mcintyre
BOBBY ORR NUMBER4
mikekomisarek08
steamed
10 posters

Go down

OA's are a little clearer Empty OA's are a little clearer

Post by steamed Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:20 am

The Generals OA situation is clearing up a bit according to Twohey,Petgrave & Schemitsch has express interst in returning as OA's,Graves & Labardo has been told that they will be traded but Labardo can fight for the last OA spot with Clark & Sabourin if Twohey can find a spot for him by the start of the season.
I'm glad Very Happy that Petgrave & Schemitsch have agree to come back as oa's.
steamed
steamed

Number of posts : 1978
Seat Section : were ever I want to
Registration date : 2007-02-19

Back to top Go down

OA's are a little clearer Empty Re: OA's are a little clearer

Post by mikekomisarek08 Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:59 pm

steamed wrote:The Generals OA situation is clearing up a bit according to Twohey,Petgrave & Schemitsch has express interst in returning as OA's,Graves & Labardo has been told that they will be traded but Labardo can fight for the last OA spot with Clark & Sabourin if Twohey can find a spot for him by the start of the season.
I'm glad Very Happy that Petgrave & Schemitsch have agree to come back as oa's.

I'm hearing the same thing about Petgrave and Schemitsch returning as OA. I'm still very surprised that they did not attend NHL development camps this summer.

Graves and Labardo are definitely out and don't have much trade value. Sabourin should be the 3rd OA. Clark is technically still in the picture because he has no value whatsoever on the trade market.

mikekomisarek08

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Clark would love to play for Miss with his brother. Graves will end up in the Q
Labardo will end up in SSM . Sabby will be the third OA until /if CT27 comes back .
Biggs will report to OSH .Quinn gone to school . The alumni golf tourney is unofficially called the Nick Quinn Education Fund Raiser.
I doubt you see Carlyle back / bad experiment

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4

Number of posts : 230
Seat Section : 105
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mikekomisarek08 Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:25 pm

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:Clark would love to play for Miss with his brother. Graves will end up in the Q
Labardo will end up in SSM . Sabby will be the third OA until /if CT27 comes back .
Biggs will report to OSH .Quinn gone to school . The alumni golf tourney is unofficially called the Nick Quinn Education Fund Raiser.

I was told a couple of months ago that Carlyle had been sent home for showing up late to a team function and word was he was off the team. Now, I'm told he's attended the team fitness testing and was terribly out of shape. Who knows but he sure doesn't seem to be a Twohey or DJ Smith type of player. Maybe they still consider him a tradeable asset and are trying to move him for something, anything. They're a bit thin on the back end so we'll see. Twohey has a way of uncovering hidden gems or trading a nothing for a something.

mikekomisarek08

Back to top Go down

OA's are a little clearer Empty 2012 Line up?

Post by mcintyre Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:31 am

BOBBY ORR NUMBER4 wrote:Clark would love to play for Miss with his brother. Graves will end up in the Q

Can anyone take a swing at how the lineup might look coming out of camp?

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:39 pm

Okay, just to start something. LW- Lessio, Clark, Lloyd, McDade/ RW-Biggs, Uvira, Manchurek, Urbanic/ C- Laughton, Jenner, Dal Colle, Cassels. Defence- Petgrave, Suellentrop, Schemitsch, Brown, Petschenig and McGuire. Not a lot of depth if the import doesn't show, especially on lw. In goal, Altshuller backed up by Appleby. Jensen's departure leaves a big hole. I expect Thomas back eventually. I expect several trades or pick-ups after early cuts are made and if this inexperienced team flounders, vets to be sold off as the season progresses. Centre is strong and RW would have been equally so if both Jensen and Thomas appeared. LW is very weak! If their import, Teddy Blueger and Thomas show (not likely!), this is a solid team which would make the playoffs.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:03 pm

jaycro wrote:Okay, just to start something. LW- Lessio, Clark, Lloyd, McDade/ RW-Biggs, Uvira, Manchurek, Urbanic/ C- Laughton, Jenner, Dal Colle, Cassels. Defence- Petgrave, Suellentrop, Schemitsch, Brown, Petschenig and McGuire. Not a lot of depth if the import doesn't show, especially on lw. In goal, Altshuller backed up by Appleby. Jensen's departure leaves a big hole. I expect Thomas back eventually. I expect several trades or pick-ups after early cuts are made and if this inexperienced team flounders, vets to be sold off as the season progresses. Centre is strong and RW would have been equally so if both Jensen and Thomas appeared. LW is very weak! If their import, Teddy Blueger and Thomas show (not likely!), this is a solid team which would make the playoffs.

I think you have it right but I would suggest that Clark is cut loose and Twohey beats the bushes for a second line LW experienced offensive threat...I also think Sabourin sticks around and plays 3rd line RW and offers that tough guy role with the loss of Clark. Manchurek signs and stays around and is brought along slowly along with Mcdade..

The top 6 D looks right...I would guess they sign and 16 year or 17 year old as the 7 d man and is brought along slowly..

Goalies are all but done as you have them

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Oh, I agree wth you completely. I had Sabourin in my paper plan but you can't keep Sabourin and Clark as well as the two O.A. defencemen, at least after November. I dropped Sabs as I saw a greater need on left wing. That's Why they went after Lloyd. I think this will be a young team with three or four 95's/96's being worked in slowly. Also agree the biggest need is an experienced big 2nd line proven scoring winger. Don't know where you get one: they're not giving them away. Also, wouldn't be surprised to see Eden returned from Kitchener. Don't think he's going to cut it there. I hope they're wrong about Carlisle. I thought he looked to have offensive ability but we didn't see much of him the second half last year. Long shot, if he grows a bit, is their 9th round selection LW Brett Seney. Tiny but was considered a sniper with London last year.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by archer_gens Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:35 pm

I hope they keep Clark, I find him entertaining at the very least, and if we have a year like last year we will need it. Also he has been amazing this summer with protecting the younger lacrosse players. He's a real team first player if you ask me. Given more of a role I think you'd see him easily double last years numbers.

I can see him being one of the best in shape OA's as well, not knocking anyone else, just saying he's played all summer, and between lacrosse and MMA type fighting/training (which I believe he is still doing) he's a great athlete.

After watching his brother this summer, It's sad to think of either of them in a Steelhead Uniform.

Yes I know lacrosse doesn't always translate into hockey but just my two sense after watching him all summer.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by UGENS Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:57 am

I agree with you archer_gens I have watch both lacrosse and hockey since 68 and have seen many a good hockey/lacrosse player in a Gens uniform as well, as others on other OHL teams do very well in hockey. As for Clarke he was a valuable teammate to the Warriors last year and no doubt will be again at the Minto Cup this year too which is being held in Whtby on Aug. 18 to 26.

UGENS(Karon)
UGENS
UGENS

Number of posts : 944
Seat Section : Sec 113 row 15 seat 18
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:30 pm

If Teddy Bloueger is a no-show, I hope the Gennies are looking at the Russian import, Serei Tolchinsky who may be up for trade as he apparently isn't interested in going to the Soo. Rumour has it he wants to play close to Detro, probably Plymouth or Sarnia. He may be too pricey, however!

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:21 pm

It looks like Teddy will be a no show..as for Tolchinsky, the Soo will want a kings ransom for him!
If Twohey cant land a second line LW before camp, the auditions will be "on" during the exhibition season to see if anyone can slide into that role.. even temporarily,while things shake out during exhibition season. If you're one of the Gens role players (Lloyd,Urbanic) it may be a golden chance to show your offensive side of the your game...

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:47 pm

then why did the gens draft him if he wasn't gonna show up just wondering.
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by mikekomisarek08 Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:20 pm

I'll take a stab at the lineup...

Lessio- Jenner-Uvira
Biggs - Laughton- Sabourin
Dal Colle – Cassels – Urbanic
Lloyd – Hughes- Manchurek

Schemitsch – Petgrave
Sully - ???
Brown – Petchnig
????

Asthuller
Appleby

I prefer Sabourin over Clark. Maybe the'll keep 4 OAs to start the year - Thomas isn't coming back as I've been told. Asthuller should get over 50 starts. Petgrave will have a big year and will be traded at the deadline for a handsome return (many others will follow if the team is below #6). A few openings on D - trades or signings likely. It's a decent lineup. The top two lines are strong. The third line has potential and the fourth should be ok. Hugues is a valuable role player imo and I hope he and Lloyd find chemistry. I don't know who's going to play wing - Dal Colle or Cassels but not one of them should be on the 4th line.

This is a fun time of year! I have confidence in Twohey to build a solid, hard working, bigger thing and DJ Smith will take those players and work their butts off.

mikekomisarek08

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:04 pm

I gotta think Biggs being the power forward right winger will line up Boone and Lucas..If we dont land another top 6 winger, I say Dal Colle gets the shot on the left side with Laughton..DC is a big boy and should do well on the walls and in the corners...

Lessio, Jenner, Biggs
Dal Colle, Laughton, Uvira
Lloyd, Cassells, Sabourin
Manchurek, Hughes or McDade, Urbanic

We have 5 D locked in...one more with experience and a 16 year old should round it out?

mcintyre

Back to top Go down

Post by TipcoSr Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:19 pm

I would be very surprised to see Biggs in a Gens uniform.

TipcoSr

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gensfan4life3232 Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:25 pm

so would i
gensfan4life3232
gensfan4life3232

Number of posts : 180
Seat Section : sec 114 row 6 seat 8
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:57 pm

I would think they could get a bundle for him from London; maybe A.A., Josh Anderson or Tierney and a defenceman. Any two of the aforementioned forwards would suffice.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mikekomisarek08 Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:17 am

London has an overabundance of quality forwards but are thin on the back end. I could see us getting AA, Tierney and a decent draft pick and I'd be happy with that if AA plays and doesn't become a headache.

mikekomisarek08

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:29 am

Exactly, he can be a PITA! I agree London doesn't really have much on defence that they could give away or that we would want if Tinordi and Maatta are gone.

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by mikekomisarek08 Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:00 am

Major PITA and from what I'm hearing, that's not what JT and DJS are looking for. However, he'd easily be top 6 and have the ice time he craves.

Off topic - Jenner.... stupid penalty ... Lessio... bury that puck....

mikekomisarek08

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 am

Mentioned this earlier in a post, but I am kind of surprised the Gens haven't gone after Petr Berenak in Kingston. The Fronts drafted two Fins this year. Maybe they are waiting to see how they pan out? If Blueger doesn't show he would be ok to employ as an import. Or go with one import and develop a rookie? Or, maybe Jensen's departure is not 100%?

jaycro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:45 am

If their is an NHL work stoppage - open spots for OHL players could dry up as NHL players will head over seas - like they did in the last strike

Who knows Jensen may be back and - if we have a better North American player - we don't need to fill an import spot just to fill it anyways every year at the trade deadline an overager ( import can be available )

No rush to fill the spot

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum