Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lloyd and morbeck

4 posters

Go down

lloyd and morbeck Empty lloyd and morbeck

Post by 5forfighting Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Anyone know why Oshawa picked these two guys up? From what I can tell, it is strictly to keep the bench warm because they certainly don't get much ice time. Course I guess Dj's going to have to use them after this weekend with Uvira, Boone, Dal Colle, and Biggs gone.

5forfighting

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-01-17

Back to top Go down

lloyd and morbeck Empty Re: lloyd and morbeck

Post by jaycro Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:05 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, probably nice guys, but mediocre hockey players for their age. Lloyd was brought in over the summer due to a shortage of left wingers and Morbeck...I don't know why? The Gens have too many 93 born players (7) on their roster and these two are among the weakest. I'd rather see a couple of younger players brought in to gain experience. This is a good team but not a Mem Cup contender. We might win a couple of rounds but unless we add a couple of top notch vets, that's about it. Let's see where we stand after Christmas and then see whether we are "buyers or sellers"! If we are sellers, lets get rid of the 93's as well as the "big guns" via trade.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Lloyd is a 94 and along with Laughton is one of 2 1994 age forwards on the team

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by chupa81 Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Don't forget only 5 D men dressed on Sunday... It's starting to look like last year all over again play 6 forwards and 4 D.. Getting very old quick! In my mind we also need a goalie, start or back up to push Dan. I like lloyd and morback, think they fit nice, just need some time on the ice.

chupa81

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2011-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by mcintyre Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Its clear that lloyd and morbeck are "depth guys" but outside of the top 6 forwards, everyone is a depth guy on a DJs team.....I dont get how we dress only 5 D for any game...and why dress 12 forwards when you play 9..

I'm sure these players know what their role is but 2 shifts a game is a waste of everyones time..

Totally agree...we need an experienced goalie to create a sense of competition because I dont think Daniel is feeling pusnhed at all

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 pm

My bad mcintyre. I should have checked. He still fits the description as a 'depth guy'. I'd rather see a 95 or 96 in his place. Look at how Kingston's young guys are coming along. Granted, they are all 1st or 2nd rounders.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down