Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jan 10 Deadline Moves

3 posters

Go down

Jan 10 Deadline Moves Empty Jan 10 Deadline Moves

Post by mcintyre Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:23 pm

First of all.....I think the boys have done a great job of late maintaining their winning ways....going 8/10 has been a great achievement

That being said, we all know that some tweaks will be needed even after we get LL, Petgrave back in late January.

I think we will make 1 big move but I cant say whether that will be a proven shutdown D man or a Top 6 scorer.....we dont have the assets and/or picks to pull the trigger on both.

Either way, its going to cost us some roster players and high picks in 2014 and beyond.....

Some younger guys that have some value would be Latour, Tyler Hore and maybe Urbanic...it seems that 17 year olds are hot commodities at trade deadline

mcintyre

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Jan 10 Deadline Moves Empty Re: Jan 10 Deadline Moves

Post by jaycro Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:36 pm

But mcintyre...we need BOTH! A big rockem-sockem defenceman a la Bill Arrnstrong of many years ago (Memorial Cup days) and a sniper The gens don't have a surplus of draft choices in the cupboard to do it as you pointed out.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jaycro Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:40 pm

If Sudbury were to drop out of contention, two players who would fit the criteria being discussed above would be Josh Leivo and Justin Sefton.

jaycro

Number of posts : 1207
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Gens Camper Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:27 pm

I am not sure why you want to unload the future for this year after all when we get Lessio back - there is your power forward and Petgrave will be your big defense

Sudbury will be a lot better after x mas and will not dump players for our 4th liners

Gens Camper

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2007-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down