Generals Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Import Draft Rules

Go down

Import Draft Rules Empty Import Draft Rules

Post by archer_gens Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:30 am

Ok so can someone please explain how the new rule changes (if put into effect) are going to be a good thing. I'm totally lost and can't see the light.

Import picks can't be swapped.
Import picks can't be traded for 365 days.

This is how I see it. Right now if the team holding the number 1 pick can't afford to get the best player to come play for them they can trade them for assets (Like SSM and Oshawa with Lindros, even if that's not an import). If these rules are enacted they either take the best player overall, who probably refuses to report and just plays in Europe or the KHL instead, or they take the player they know will report that they could still have gotten by trading down in the draft.

It looks to me like the teams that can't afford high price European talent lose, and anyone with money wins.

The exception to this I believe would be a team like London who has money and talent can't trade up so a more middle team could possibly have first crack at a great player if they hold a higher draft pick. So the Rich and the Poor both lose.
archer_gens
archer_gens

Number of posts : 3050
Seat Section : 118 row 1
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down